Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well... The numbers in this thread actually enforce that claim. 258 people out of 990 isn't 12%.
    And the number of males shot (nine hundred and something) isn't 50% either. What does that tell you about cross comparing this data with general population statistics instead of criminal statistics.

They at least get arrested for more than 12% of those crimes, whether they actually committed any real ones or not. Remove all pot convictions from those crimes and how many are left, exactly? Remove all jaywalking and driving with one light busted and other such silly shit that black people get harassed for constantly, and are there any crimes left, at all?
    Smart people have already done this, they've looked at the violent crime statistics and saw the same thing. For instance, blacks account for nearly half the murders in America.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    Smart people have already done this, they've looked at the violent crime statistics and saw the same thing. For instance, blacks account for nearly half the murders in America.
    Yeah? Where's this data at? Or, rather, those findings you're referring to.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-09-23 at 04:55 PM.

And the number of males shot (nine hundred and something) isn't 50% either. What does that tell you about cross comparing this data with general population statistics instead of criminal statistics.

It is actually higher than that. Considering that black males only consist of ~6% of the population black leaders should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    On the other hand someone who post a statistic labeled "The color of crime" in order to prove that black people are criminals by nature, is not someone i don't like, is a by definition racist.
    I'd agree with you, if you could show that that's what the report says. Where in the report does it claim that its in the nature of black people to be violent criminals? You cannot reasonably gleam that if they're just reporting statistics.

And if it turns out you didn't read that anywhere in the report and just assumed it, what does that say about what our culture has to say on these matters when your initial reaction to data showing that black commit more crime is a racist thing to suggest?

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't teach kids how to analyze data in school anymore?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Wait, if looting and rioting isn't being outraged, then what is?
    My mistake, I thought you were saying people in this thread were outraged about how the media is handling this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    You're not very smart aren't you... or you're a sheep (if you're a sheep you're dumb anyway). Also, I never said that white lives didn't matter nor do I care about US police or US racial issues.
    Looks like somebody is a bit upset. Seems like you care at least a little for posting so many times on US political and racial threads.

My mistake, I thought you were saying people in this thread were outraged about how the media is handling this.
    Nah, I ment the ones who start rioting because they read some twisted media story. But why bother, when it's rather common knowledge that media twists things to suit their own agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Yeah? Where's this data at?
    A simple google will reveal countless results but here was the first result I got.

FBI 2013: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ender_2013.xls

If you add up the "race of the offender columns" you get 2698 murders for blacks and 2755 for whites.

So despite the white population being about 5 times larger, blacks and whites kill about as often.

I don't understand why you're even asking for this sort of information. I'd argue you have to have some level of knowledge of criminal statistics before coming to the strong conclusions you have so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is blatantly false. Incredibly false...
    If you only had more to go off of than asserting I'm wrong.

There's a reason why that guy down the road who's been convicted of robbery, assault, domestic abuse, drinking and driving, and whatever else, despite being my age, has come into contact with police a lot more often than I have. Because I have a clean record.

But yea, ignore common sense and imagine that police stop every citizen they come across. They don't pass up citizens obeying the law and notice/contact people who break the law.
    Last edited by Taneras; 2016-09-23 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Perhaps you could tell this to the Americans when they spend billions fighting "terrorism" which is also a statistically insignificant form of mortality.
    Part of the reason it's insignificant is because we keep an eye on it... It's like arguing, we don't need life guards, no on has drowned in this pool in years!

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Great Read is this bundled with Mein Kampf?
    This book was written by an African-American woman.

Katheryn Russell-Brown (born Katheryn K. Russell, September 17, 1961) is a professor of law and director of the Center for the Study of Race and Race Relations at University of Florida's Fredric G. Levin College of Law. Her main areas of expertise are race and crime, sociology of law and criminal law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    It is actually higher than that. Considering that black males only consist of ~6% of the population black leaders should be ashamed.
    What is a black leader?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    That is a rate 10-100x higher, relative to population to population, than in any other West-European nation.
    You can't really compare different regions like that.

Deleted
    A simple google will reveal countless results but here was the first result I got.

FBI 2013: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ender_2013.xls
    Right, so... According to the FBI site, in 2013 there were a total of 14196 murders in the US. Yet, this table only lists 3005. Where are the over 11 thousand other murders? A conveniently fudged up statistics table to drive an agenda?

Right, so... According to the FBI site, in 2013 there were a total of 14196 murders in the US. Yet, this table only lists 3005. Where are the over 11 thousand other murders? A conveniently fudged up statistics table to drive an agenda?
    If that's accurate, then US murder rate is "minor" 2366 times higher than here. Oh, and only if it also includes manslaughter and attempts, since those were included in the statistic here that I looked.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-09-23 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Right, so... According to the FBI site, in 2013 there were a total of 14196 murders in the US. Yet, this table only lists 3005.
    The list I posted were cases of single victim and single attacker. I said I posted the top link that google gave me.

Where are the over 11 thousand other murders? A conveniently fudged up statistics table to drive an agenda?
    No, your bad reading comprehension and rush to disagree are to blame. Open your mind a bit and actually consider the fact that I might be right.

You said you looked up the murder statistics for 2013, go ahead and tell me what you found. What were the percentages?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    because it's what the people in charge of the media want. it leads to more money for them.

it's one of the reasons why i have to laugh when someone from the news gets beat up on the job. like that fat cnn guy last night, that was great, they deserve it.
    Well to be honest, do they deserve it...well maybe a little...but they don't write the news, they just deliver it....if they don't deliver it they get fired.

Back to the OP, these statistics are ironic, as in the media makes it sound like 10 or a 100 times as many die..3/4ths of them alone had a deadly weapon...and twice as many white people were shot as black. So media as usual...like to twist shit for attention.

"An examination of data regarding the offenders for whom race was known showed that 53.6 percent were black, 43.9 percent were white, and 2.5 percent were of other races. The race was unknown for 4,112 offenders."

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...anded-homicide

Fun fact, many of these statistics include the Latino population in the white category to soften the statistics up. Considering the "other races" is only 2.5% and Latinos make up about 18% of the population that's almost assuredly true here.

Either way, nearly 54% of the homicides in America for 2013 were from 13% of the population. Whites, at most, accounted for 44%, but its likely lower because again, Latino's are usually included in the white category. Even if that's the proper number, despite having 5+ times the population size whites are still less likely to be responsible for a murder than blacks.

I wonder how many more times I'll have to regurgitate the same statistics? I've already dispelled the "oh, you have to adjust for the general population" argument at least 4-5 times...

OMG the police are terrible monsters killing all those black... O wait looks like white people are #1 on that list. Guess it isn't all that bad after all. You know since its only a big deal when a black guy gets shot by the police, but when it's a white guy we shrug our shoulders and go "Oh Well".