Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What happens when you offer food for almost free

https://pl.vc/z7a82

Freaking disgusting. It's now I believe the 3rd time that I've tried to buy some nice fruits from three different shops, and this is all I get. Disgusting, rotten, smelling fruits. This is supposed to be Mangostan. Please google how it should actually look like.

Obviously when you offer them for prices like 1€ per piece. Has this now become standard or did I really just have bad luck?

I mean look at it, it must have been there for weeks.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2016-09-23 at 05:37 PM.

If you have the time and the inclination, try growing your own!

Don't you pick out your own fruit over there? There are old women who shop at my store who take 5 minutes to examine a piece of fruit before buying it.

I don't understand the situation? Could you not tell it was bad before you got it home?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Don't you pick out your own fruit over there? There are old women who shop at my store who take 5 minutes to examine a piece of fruit before buying it.

I don't understand the situation? Could you not tell it was bad before you got it home?
    It's a hard-shell fruit. No way to see inside without actually breaking it open. You've gotta trust your shop with these types. And the fact that this has happened with three different shops makes me wonder just how much they actually pay attention, and how much they just want to freaking sell that stuff no matter how rotten it is.

obviously, if you offer them for a euro per piece... but still, you at least gotta be able to eat it

I mean maybe you should check the fruits and vegetables you buy before you buy them.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

Freaking disgusting. It's now I believe the 3rd time that I've tried to buy some nice fruits from three different shops, and this is all I get. Disgusting, rotten, smelling fruits. This is supposed to be Mangostan. Please google how it should actually look like.

Obviously when you offer them for prices like 1€ per piece. Has this now become standard or did I really just have bad luck?

I don't understand the point of your post. Are you saying you paid very little for something that normally costs far more and you received poor quality product? Help me out here.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I don't understand the point of your post. Are you saying you paid very little for something that normally costs far more and you received poor quality product? Help me out here.
    Yes I paid little, but no I still expect eatable food. We have become so obsessed with paying low prices, that companies have started to believe selling literal garbage is good business practices. But no matter how low your price is, if you are selling food it needs to be eatable at least. Screw flavor or whatever, but this is straight out rotten stuff. And some things you cannot check if they're good inside, like Mangostan.

Get what you pay for. GO to another store that charges a bit more, I bet you they dont have rotten fruit.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

tbh a mangosteen for 1 euro should have been the warning flag. They're rare enough outside of where they're actually produced, and with such a shit shelf life for fresh ones, you really need to know what you're looking for with them.

Given that the flesh inside of them is already rotten and putrid, you didn't check it at all before buying it did you?

If it didn't at least look like one of these before buying it, you just picked up the wrong one.

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Never had this problem but then again I dont buy this exotic stuff that can look fine from the outside and rotten from the inside. I often buy at the exact same store as the one in your picture.

Bring it back and get a refund.

Yes I paid little, but no I still expect eatable food. We have become so obsessed with paying low prices, that companies have started to believe selling literal garbage is good business practices. But no matter how low your price is, if you are selling food it needs to be eatable at least. Screw flavor or whatever, but this is straight out rotten stuff. And some things you cannot check if they're good inside, like Mangostan.
    I am 100% sure they would take that back and replace or refund. Just like YOU cant check the inside neither can w/e discount store you are shopping at.

https://pl.vc/z7a82

There was a time on this planet when you simply returned your item, and felt no need to tell the rest of us about it via the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I am 100% sure they would take that back and replace or refund. Just like YOU cant check the inside neither can w/e discount store you are shopping at.
    fair enough. my issue is that they leave stuff in the shelf for way too long. instead of trashing it, they sell it to you at the risk of it being rotten.

I've never had that happen, then again I don't purchase Mangosteens on a regular basis...take the fruit and your receipt to the store, I'm sure they'll refund you. If they don't, shop elsewhere.

Not sure what country you live in, but in most Western countries you should be able to get a refund for inedible fruit, assuming you didn't wait a week or two to try to eat it.

Also your thread title is odd...not sure how the content of your post is at all related to "offering food for almost free".

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    There was a time on this planet when you simply returned your item, and felt no need to tell the rest of us about it via the internet.
    told you after the 3rd time. i see a pattern there.

Lets hope your pork cordon-bleu isnt rotten aswell! And pray for the freshness of the sushi.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you that if you're selling something, it should be edible. That's a solid point. It's possible that their quality control is so low that they can't check each fruit everyday and have no mechanism for knowing when fruits and veggies arrive - and hence don't know the age.

But yeah, you got screwed - regardless of low or high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Lets hope your pork cordon-bleu isnt rotten aswell!
    let's see. ill know tomorrow lol.

I've heard eating them like that is a delicacy. Try it out. It may just enhance the flavor.

What's the worse that could happen ?

fair enough. my issue is that they leave stuff in the shelf for way too long. instead of trashing it, they sell it to you at the risk of it being rotten.
    Comes with the territory of a discount store, they are not going to remove Good LOOKING product if it might be sold. I'm guessing this is a store like ALDI, I stopped buying produce and non frozen meats from the years ago, for stuff like this. Take it back, they will take care of it Im sure.

The old "get what you pay for" applies here.