Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzard fail again. Flavor of the expansion class is not top.
    (It's second)

/s
    Edit:Crisis averted! I didn't realize the screenshot at the OP was old, it's now DH top.
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2016-09-23 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    When you are specced Shadow -snip-
    ...Actually. They brought shadow because they were DPS Mana Batteries.

...Actually. They brought shadow because they were DPS Mana Batteries.
    "When you are". Meaning now. TBC was 10 years ago.

Might want to reread the post you quoted, as you obviously missed the point. I would be completely fine with Pure Dps classes doing more Dps, if hybrids actually brought utility, and pures had none. That hasn't been the case since TBC, and thus, all Dps specs should in a perfect scenario, be equal.

Somebody has to be the "worst Dps". Some ppl seem to think that Warlocks should never be "worst", because they are a pure, which is just utter BS. Some people seem to think that it's just fine if Shadow or Ele is last, but once Warlocks or Mages are last, all hell breaks loose. Which is also utter BS.

The only thing that should matter, is the difference between the "worst Dps" and the "best Dps", which could be improved atm (and no, simply making Warlocks OP again, would not fix that, Ele and Ret are just as bad atm).
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2016-09-23 at 04:27 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    With over 500 people working on wow, you think balance might not be as difficult as they make it. Then again, I don't work in the development industry so it may be complex as all hell. Either way, 500 deep, they should be able to figure something out. Granted, not all 500 are working on balancing but im sure they have plenty of people working on it.
    They will be able to figure something out, just like they have figured it out most of the time. But they rely on data, the whole spectrum of it.

A simple example, let's take 4 different classes who all do the same damage over a 10 second rotation, no cast time, perfect play:

A: 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 100
    B: 05 + 15 + 05 + 15 + 05 + 15 + 05 + 15 + 05 + 15 = 100
    C: 08 + 12 + 08 + 12 + 08 + 12 + 08 + 12 + 08 + 12 = 100
    D: 04 + 06 + 10 + 08 + 12 + 04 + 06 + 10 + 08 + 12 = 100

Now add cast times to certain spells for class B, C and D, then add movement. It becomes way more complex all of a sudden to balance it. Now add a possible 2nd target. Or add 10 random adds that spawn.

Once you have solved that puzzle, you also have to solve it for 100% perfect play but also for 75% perfect play, and maybe for 50% perfect play as well. Because the guy who can't cast on the move will want to be viable as well at 75% perfect play. But then again you can't make they guy who plays at 75% perfect play too strong cause then the 100% perfect play guy is going to be OP. And then factor in gear (raiding at 845 ilvl is different from raiding at 875 ilvl).

Etc etc ... that's why they need so much player data, to see what's really going on in reality.

Anybody else somewhat miss some of the old flavor the classes had back in Vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Anybody else somewhat miss some of the old flavor the classes had back in Vanilla?
    No... or do you mean the innervate bots, stay out of combat holy pally bots with 5 minute buffs, or the lol you're a ret pally bot?
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    No... or do you mean the innervate bots, stay out of combat holy pally bots with 5 minute buffs, or the lol you're a ret pally bot?
    Lol hey the Pally had the most versatility back then! I remember Pallies in Molten Core. All sorts of Pallies, Healing, dps, tanking, was funny at that time seeing 1 class do it all. I cant remember how Locks were aside from Affliction. I remember all the dots, I remember Doom was pretty insane back then. I can't however remember their other specs.

Prot pallys were a thing? I don't remember Prot being real until Hyjal and that was TBC. Ret wasn't a real spec if you wanted to push content as far as I remember since warriors did better damage (to be fair it's been 10+ years). Hunters were Marks, Mages were Fire (I think... I can't remember if arcane was good), Shamans were... something (I was Alliance), I think all locks were Affliction, if you were lucky to raid on a Druid you had to have innervate since other classes did better damage/heals.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is all the classes were pidgin-holed into 1 spec, which is fine, but we've gone way to far now to cut down player choices. Imagine next expac telling every player they had to be 1 spec for PvE and another for PvP, would probably be a huge revenue loss.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

As long the popular classes have 1 spec being good, Mages, warr, hunter, dk and now the shinny DH for blizzard its all fine. The underperforming specs will get 5% increase damage on some abiltiies to shutup the ppl playing unpopular specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Not necessarily. I love Blizzard's RTS games, espeshil Warcraft 3 with its Races and Heroes which are completely different but all four Races brought forth World Championship winners.

It does not matter that Humans can Militia creep & fast expand to get ahead early because Humans do not win more as a whole.

In much the same way, Blizzard should release monthly charts or something showcasing which Classes progressed to Gul'Dan how much on average and balanced around that success rate, but hopefully by making classes unique as opposed to mirroring each other's abilities one by one for the exact same performance.
    This analogy doesn't stand.

First off you're talking from a pure multiplayer PvP experience, in which races have their own strengh and weaknesses but have multiple strategies built in the race that you can choose that counters a specific strategy from an enemy. Here we're talking about relative performance versus PVE.

Secondly it didn't take 3 months of grinding to even be able to mecanically play Orcs to an acceptable level of performance. Even moreso if you decide to switch to night elfes it doesn't take you another 3 month to catch up to where you were before with Orcs. And during that time everyone got their main races stronger and you're shit ouf of luck.

The system isn't bad in itself, blizzard historic lack of precise balancing and refusal to hand out artifact points resets on big balance patches combined with such a heavy time investment system is.
    Last edited by Ellianar; 2016-09-23 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "Melee are dominating all forms of content" yet you only see 3-4 of them in mythic raid groups?
    Yeah, it sure sounds like they are "dominating".
    Do you not know how raids work and require x amount of ranged dps...? Are you incapable of reading a chart that shows ranged DPS generally being bottom DPS while melee DPS are top?

Like..what?
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-09-23 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    The system isn't bad in itself, blizzard historic lack of precise balancing and refusal to hand out artifact points resets on big balance patches combined with such a heavy time investment system is.
    I don't understand why I have to collect Artifact Power for each Artifact. It makes switching to the optimal build difficult (read: near impossible) or even switching between PvE and PvP specs. There should just be a total AP collected and that affects all weapon specs.

Good idea but flawed delivery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    They're 20-30% below the top. WTF are you looking at?

- - - Updated - - -

He's on point and 100% correct. L2Read.

No one cares if you're a good warlock if good warlocks are 25% lower than equally good mages or hunters.
    Warlocks didn't care when they were 20% ahead of everyone in SoO ;^)

Warlock tears are strong until they are broken OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Frost .... =/
    Should have kept it 2h amirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Should have kept it 2h amirite?
    No.

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, Enhancement is way to high, surprised that hasn't been hotfixed yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Warlocks didn't care when they were 20% ahead of everyone in SoO ;^)

Warlock tears are strong until they are broken OP.
    Wow okay warlocks should be bad because they were good for a bit 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Wow okay warlocks should be bad because they were good for a bit 3 years ago.
    you didnt see arcane mage crying that they were oOP for 15 months in HfC either yet blizzard did nothign to nerf them

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Ya I understand it's annoying af. But sadly in a game like WoW with so many classes and variables it's pretty much impossible to balance it out in a way that there's somebody noticeably on the bottom. Unfortunately this time its Warlocks, when they buff and nerf everything there will be a different class/spec on the bottom and a new thread from a player who mains it complaining on the forums and wishing for a buff :/

But ya, it's total bs how all 3 specs are fairly bad atm. Although I've seen a few pretty good Locks pull some insane numbers, they're easily the minority.
    Not that much about where your bar is on the chart but more so about the size of it compared to other classes...i dont mind if my warlock specs are on the bottom of the chart, as long as the bar isnt 30% smaller...

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you didnt see arcane mage crying that they were oOP for 15 months in HfC either yet blizzard did nothign to nerf them
    Arcane and warlocks are different things...spec isnt the same as the whole class

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    As a hunter it seems really hard getting any invites to any content right now... As MM i liked my raid damage. BM is pretty good in other content. I have ran into no issues completing any mythic or anything. Just seems baffling that people are so toxic in this game.
    any dps has atm problem to get anywhere because of blzizard reatrded idea to not make AP all spec wide - this is why people with tank/heal os dont do them in those roles because their AP is way behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    because 7 DPS vs 24 DPS (+ Disc xD) ...
    + with their system its actually 1 person being able to be each class on 1 toon - incomparable. if that system landed in wow we would end up with : fight 1 15 arcane mages fight 2 15 hunters fight 3 15 dks etc etc while it stil lbeing exackly the same 15 people