Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honour Lvl 50. Currently playing a Disc Priest.

I've mostly done WQs and BGs. I've found myself quite survivable and it requires a good player or a couple to lock me down. Rogues terrify me in World PvP. Run Through hits like a truck, but hey, I accept that WPvP is not balanced and it's still fun.

From what I've done in Skirmishes with my Ret and [random], it's not bad.

I'm not happy one of the last tier talents; Power Word: Fortitude. Dispellable/ Spell Stealable talent is eh in this day of PvP. I usually run with Dark Archangel. I'm looking forward to seeing 2v2 Arena, still need to find a 3rd player for 3s.

Deleted
    I'm in a big guild (40+ people online in the evening) and absolutely no one want's to pvp anymore...

Problems are:
    - They can only play so long and have World quests and Suramar to do
    - PvP is not rewarding gear-wise or in AP rewards
    - You first have to unlock/grind for your pvp abilities befire you can actually perform decently

At least in WoD we could just ding 100, get geared for pvp in a weekend and jump right into the fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    - PvP is not rewarding gear-wise or in AP rewards
    Some of my BiS stat items have come from PvP. 850 items and quite a few relics.

Surumar quest line will die down soon, and if they have been playing since Launch, it's dying down already.

As for your last point, how is grinding out a PvP set on a weekend any different from grinding out the Hono(u)r levels you need in a weekend? Very few specs require level 46 for the last talent (I'm one of them!).

Idk just seems like melee cleaves are too strong again. No hardcast CC just run at someone until you pve them down.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Some of my BiS stat items have come from PvP. 850 items and quite a few relics.

Surumar quest line will die down soon, and if they have been playing since Launch, it's dying down already.

As for your last point, how is grinding out a PvP set on a weekend any different from grinding out the Hono(u)r levels you need in a weekend? Very few specs require level 46 for the last talent (I'm one of them!).
    Pre-raid BiS*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite. That said, can't the items roll up and up and up now?

The possibility is still there.

Demon hunters, ferals, rogues, windwalkers like really wtf is blizzard thinking? Can't even cc someone it's just a kick>stun>dead if you're a caster. And btw you cannot escape them because they move so quick.

casters vs melee is a complete joke at the moment. my feral has lost 6 duel out of 173 (against casters only) so far, all 6 was from that 1 shot moon thing boom's do (when / if it crits). the CC is completely out of hand as are the interupts. melee need to lose all stuns & interupts in instanced PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    Lol what? Good riddance, bye to them kids who give up even before the season starts when they realize they don't stand a chance.
    millions left with WoD, how many millions are left before you are playing with yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Idk just seems like melee cleaves are too strong again. No hardcast CC just run at someone until you pve them down.
    I don't think so. After the hotfixes in the last week or two, games are lasting a lot longer. Arms warrior is bound to get nerfed, and that's basically the last bastion of the melee cleave or a burst dps that can solo pressure a healer.

Maybe it's just as ratings climb, but games are going much longer, I'm noticing a lot more wizard comps, and games are very much WoD-esque again in the sense that you only win when you manage to cc train a healer for 10-15s w/o his trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    casters vs melee is a complete joke at the moment. my feral has lost 6 duel out of 173 (against casters only) so far, all 6 was from that 1 shot moon thing boom's do (when / if it crits). the CC is completely out of hand as are the interupts. melee need to lose all stuns & interupts in instanced PVP.
    As has been stated endlessly, the game isn't balance around 1v1. Does my arms warrior (highest represented spec in 3v3) need massive buffs because a warrior will never win a duel against an equally skilled player of any other spec? No.

Ferals are extremely good in duels, as are rogues. Some specs are gods of 1v1 and others are trash at 1v1. The game is balanced around 3v3 and that hasn't changed for several years. That's not my assertion, that is Blizzard. It's a fact, it's their philosophy, not mine.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-23 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Why are there lack of reasons?

There are the same reasons there have always been.

- - - Updated - - -

I will miss my 35% versatility.
    Majority use to Arena for conquest points for gear upgrade, not to hit high ranks. most of those players wont get to the rank needed to get the gear now, which makes it irrelevant to even try now. Dragon slaying will get them the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    The game is balanced around 3v3 and that hasn't changed for several years. That's not my assertion, that is Blizzard. It's a fact, it's their philosophy, not mine.
    pvp is anything but balanced. 1v1,2v2,3v3,100v100.. i actually feel slimy playing my feral atm, target any caster is a garenteed free kill, its absurd. there always use to be a chance of outplay if evenly skilled.
    Last edited by Himora; 2016-09-23 at 10:31 PM.

I have played a few days of Arena in Legion. Sitting at about 1950 CR with 2.1k MMR. I used to play a holy pally and got to about 2600 in S8 and 2700 in S9. That was mostly double healer, so less skilled but still good ratings.

I am currently playing a shadow priest. Our main comp is RSham/Warr/Spriest.

It has been interesting. spriest is not too fun in the current meta of insane damage from melee, but it is still very good. You get trained a lot, but warrior is pretty OP, so he can peel with damage often times.

MW melee cleaves are insane right now. MW has so much mobility and the new maps are ridiculous for teleport. MW any combo of DH/DK/Warr is crazy. They just train a healer or spriest to the ground and don't really have to peel much. We do very well against the same DPS setups with Hpals, Druids or Rshams.

I have not played more than 2 caster cleaves out of 100 games probably. Double melee is super good right now and most run at least 1 melee.

Hoping they look at things and apply more hotfixes as needed. The game is better when 1 melee and 1 caster setups are as viable as cleaves, such as WLD, Spriest Rogue, Mage Ret, etc.

Deleted
    PVP has become awful now.

I rarely ever play any PvP any longer, BGs are bad as a caster because you never get to cast because of all interrupts/stuns and arenas are just a meleezergfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    pvp is anything but balanced. 1v1,2v2,3v3,100v100.. i actually feel slimy playing my feral atm, target any caster is a garenteed free kill, its absurd. there always use to be a chance of outplay if evenly skilled.
    Yeah I'm sure that's why an EU ele shaman is currently the highest rated arena 3v3 dps at 2568, eh?

There are crappy caster specs just like there are trash melee specs, I hate the caster v melee generalization - talking about generalities in a game of specs is terrible and not insightful in the least. There are strong caster specs, and there are strong melee specs. There are awful melee specs and there are awful caster specs.

Fire mages, spriests, boomkins, and hell even ele shamans are fairly powerful in 3v3. The general forum circlejerk is off base and often rooted in solo BG complaints. Sure you have trash specs like destro lock and fury warrior, but right now, most specs have a place in 3v3 -- whether that be caster, healer, melee dps, or ranged dps.

Yeah it sucks to get ganked by 5-6 players in a BG that all have their own CC and interrupt, but that's BG life. The mass pruning in legion made it even worse. BG's fkn suck unless you're a stealth class or a class that can self-heal a lot. It's not an environment that is easily balanced to everyone's enjoyment, that's why the game is balanced around a more controlled environment like 3v3 arena.

In fact, the 4 top arena 3v3 teams right now are healer/caster/melee. "Casters" suck though !!! I put that in quotes because I hate that copout, just say you think YOUR caster spec sucks and validate it. Don't hide behind the generalization. Not all casters suck. Not all melees are gods. Every spec is at fairly different power levels right now, be it melee or caster, and many are fairly viable in 3v3 arena.

I'm not going to sit here and say melee cleaves aren't good or aren't effective. Throughout the history of arena, ON AVERAGE, melee cleaves are easier to play and easier to climb rank on. However, when it comes to rank 1, wizard cleaves or melee/caster/healer generally wins out because these comps have a much higher skill cap. During most arena seasons you can mongo your way up the ladder, that hasn't changed in legion and probably won't ever change. The skill floor of a melee cleave is generally higher and the skill ceiling lower compared to various other comps. But to say "casters" aren't good or caster comps aren't good is flat out wrong.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-24 at 02:27 AM.