Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Seems like lots of people think Western Civilization has got to go, at least thats what they teach at universities nowadays
    Which is always interesting. I've always been curious as to what eastern culture has us beat.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its official guys.

If you say "all lives matter," "blue lives matter," or don't support Black Lives Matter, you're a racist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-h..._11109842.html
    i'll pass on the self hating, and double pass on the white guilt

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I wish California would Brexit and leave most of you without Fruit, Vegtables, Dairy, and good wine.

Yes you triggered me
    Yes I was born and raised in California.
    Read some statistics once that said Cali would be the 6th largest economy if they were to secede. And this was before dotcom so if anything they'd weigh in even higher than that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    What a bunch of pussys. They had a midnight curfew for the city and the rioters keep marching the streets. They really need to back up thier words otherwise no one will take them seriously ever when they implement rules or curfews when this shit happens.
    There's this great scene in Watchmen (the comic, don't know about the movie) where Dr. Manhattan floats up to a mob and tells them that now they will all go home. Someone shouts back asking why would they obey him. He say they misunderstood him, it was not a request, it was a statement.

... and he teleports everyone away, because he can.

release the tape

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    release the tape
    The public doesnt need the tape. Why the fuck should any of them be released. All it does is cause riots and shit like in the past, people harass the cops family and the cop. Only people that need to see it are the police, the da, and the lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Wait, what? No way this is serious.
    Has to be, since in this particular instance, the black person was shot and killed by a black cop and the information (video) has not been released by the black police commissioner. Clearly a racist act.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people are arguing for a lack of transparency, especially since the tape supposedly supports the police account, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Not sure why people are arguing for a lack of transparency, especially since the tape supposedly supports the police account, no?
    The family has seen it, their attorneys have seen it, prosecutors have seen it, multiple judges have seen it, state internal affairs investigators have seen it.

The conclusion: The police were in the right.

What does releasing it publicly accomplish other than adding fuel to the fire with all the armchair firearm and police confrontation experts dismissing all evidence (and reason) and seeing what they want to see?

10+ Year Old Account
    What does releasing it publicly accomplish other than adding fuel to the fire with all the armchair firearm and police confrontation experts dismissing all evidence (and reason) and seeing what they want to see?
    There are very few legitimate arguments for less transparency being good, especially of tax payer funded groups. This is not one of them. Just because a vocal minority behave badly doesn't mean the rest of the public should be denied access to what they pay for.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are very few legitimate arguments for less transparency being good, especially of tax payer funded groups. This is not one of them. Just because a vocal minority behave badly doesn't mean the rest of the public should be denied access to what they pay for.
    What?

People pay taxes therefore they have a right to watch this guy die?

Literally what?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Live stream here:
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/live-s...orth-carolina/

Protests have grown into a moving crowd of several hundred as people gather to voice their anger over recent high profile shootings by police of black men.

I believe that this event is going to have a massive impact on the elections here, considering this is all unfolding just days before the first and arguably most important presidential debate. Donald Trump has taken the unusual route of attempting to court the black vote as a Republican, but he has been criticized for being very pro-police, as well as for being a bigot and a racist.

Hillary Clinton made her opinion on the matter of police shootings clear early on:
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/11/hi...as-isis-video/

Clinton has made it clear that she considers these racist police shootings to be the equivalent of terrorism
    . Many liberals hope that in light of these events, Clinton will go one step further and promise to use drone strikes against racist police officers just the way they are used against suspected terrorists under the Obama administration.

Either way, we are watching history unravel before our eyes. I hope that people take the opportunity to watch the live stream of the protests.
    Black cop shoots a black criminal with a gun and it's a race issue? OK...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Black cop shoots a black criminal with a gun and it's a race issue? OK...
    1) The article/video in his post is from January and in no way pertains to this event.

2) Literally everything he says in that post is entirely made up and his own crazed opinion because Clinton said none of what he seems to have heard in his delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    release the tape

https://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeednew...pd#.urawOw5eqb

here you go.

cops told him to drop it about 10 times, his wife was even yelling for him to ''don't do it'' and to get out of the car and comply.

Until it becomes a matter of public record, in a court of law, it should not be released to the public because any material released can taint a jury. That has been policy, and for good reason, forever. There is a process to this, and it is to protect the accused as well as the innocent in all cases.

I know we are now living a mob justice mentality society, where they want people tried, convicted and executed within 48 hours and the hashtag is no longer trending on Twitter...but the world doesn't work that way. When did we become such a wild mob?

Its official guys.

If you say "all lives matter," "blue lives matter," or don't support Black Lives Matter, you're a racist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-h..._11109842.html
    The trick is that you identify as a black person, and progressives have already said that its impossible for minorities to be racist so I think you'd skirt that rule.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Why? The great citizens of Charlotte have already got the clothes and tv they wanted. The family saw the tape and are now quiet. The guy had a gun. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. Quit supporting #BLM.

No evidence to back up your totally OUTRAGEOUS claim, infact we just saw cellphone video that raises more questions about the totally inept police force in place. But as usual we can expect some people to never accept facts for what facts are and they will excuse any murder taking place as long as the victim is black and the shooter is a cop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unkempt View Post
    Until it becomes a matter of public record, in a court of law, it should not be released to the public because any material released can taint a jury. That has been policy, and for good reason, forever. There is a process to this, and it is to protect the accused as well as the innocent in all cases.

I know we are now living a mob justice mentality society, where they want people tried, convicted and executed within 48 hours and the hashtag is no longer trending on Twitter...but the world doesn't work that way. When did we become such a wild mob?
    So if it is to protect the case why havnt the arrest warrant been issued on the cops yet?
    Last edited by araine; 2016-09-23 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    Read about it in the news, from the other hemisphere of the world... Riots, almost never result in anything positive. Peaceful protests in America, it seems, are not going to happen anytime soon.

A genuine question - they are not releasing the video publicly because it would jeopardize the investigation. How or why would that happen? When the police is already having to deal with trust issues, being transparent with evidence is a good thing isn't it?

I don't understand why they want to keep it masked while they analyze the bodycam footage.
    It is probably to avoid potential corruption of the jury pool should they need one. Typically they are not going to release evidence in a case before charges are even brought because the media and all the arm chair investigators tend to put their own spin on things to tell the story they want to tell which leads to bias in the public at large who are all potential jurors. Should the final outcome be that no charges will be filed they will probably show the video, or once the case goes to trial it will be made public. However, during an on going investigation they are going to be pretty reluctant to put all of the evidence out there in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeednew...pd#.urawOw5eqb

here you go.

cops told him to drop it about 10 times, his wife was even yelling for him to ''don't do it'' and to get out of the car and comply.

obviously you didnt look on the same video that was aired on national tv just a few minutes ago. Where she is informing the cops at the place he doesnt have a gun, that he have taken his medicines for his TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY.

What you are watching is basically the execution of an innocent man that is having a handicap due to a brain injury. Really didnt know having a brain injury from a motorcycle accident is now reasons to be executed in this country but that is what took place here.

Dont take my words for how poor the police work was on the scene those words are coming from members of congress with great insight into these things when they say if anything it shows we need to totally redo the training of our police officers

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it supports the case of them being murderers nothing more nothing less. it raises numerous questions about the terrible police work in place. city of charlotte needs to come clean and prove the events are as they say or issue the arrest warrants for the murder that took place a couple days ago.

Deleted
    I hope the movement will take revenge soon!

Liberals want Hillary to use drone strikes on racist police?! Wtf?! The day we start using drone strike on America soil is the day we r completely lost.

Wasn't this a black cop shot a black man with a gun who wasn't complying?