Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    o look another Vanilla expert who knows everything just get hired by blizz or make yo're own company and do it better
    They already tried that with Wildstar and it failed miserably

Quote Originally Posted by Apsychicrat View Post
    I have a few gripes with this mentality as i see it arise again and again.

1:why in gods name does it matter if people other than your self have purple pixels on their gear? would you prefer all gear that is dropped by things to be blue and purple only be dropped by each end tier content group (for example M+10 dungeons and mythic raids) cuz that doesnt change anything really. the purpleness of your pixels has been supplanted by item level. get better gear and show off your epeen that way.

2.leveling taking forever is just boring. is that a problem? sure and can be worked on. but blizz has clearly deciced that isnt their direction and i agree with them. the game is end game, not the useless time i spent getting there.

3and finally people keep saying "oh i dont know anyone on my server anymore and its cuz the game is bad" that is 0% wows fault, you sir/mam have chosen to no longer engage with others on the server. thats your choice. not wows choice. you can do it again right now. log on, talk to people, make a friend. literally nothing is stopping that. in fact blizz has only been trying harder to make it possible to play with people your friends with no matter what server they are on. so please. stop saying this.
    1. It's the matter of how rare high end items were and the prestige it brought. Think of the current iteration of Legendaries. Legendaries are rare as hell right now right? Once you obtain on you feel a sense of accomplishment, a sense that you're more powerful, right? THAT is how epics felt back in the day. Granted, they weren't as rare as Legendaries are now, but it's a similar concept. Purples were not easily obtainable. Now, not so much as EVERYONE has them. There's no carrot dangling infront of your face so to say. Thats what Im getting at. Would you disagree that high end gear is easily obtainable now? If you say no, than you my friend are completely wrong. I still love WoW, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that they have me accessing things so much easier then before.

2. This is a subjective topic. While I agree the endgame is where things matter, leveling was important and fun along the way.

3. I am in no way saying the game is bad, what I am saying though is that they took away the uniqueness of a server community. Yes, we still have the option of interacting with people but with all the cross realm stuff, seeing tons of other people from other servers in your area, it just breaks up that exclusivity of a server. What the hell is the point of a single server now? It servers no purpose. Everyone is now pretty much on some mega server since you see 019283813 people from other servers. So yes, I will continue saying this. Community has been utterly destroyed by Blizzard because of the things they have implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    I've always put it down to cross realms.

WoW was awesome when your server was a community and you only interacted with each other. As more and more cross realm elements were added we lost the community and community is what makes MMOs good.
    Right; I remember even knowing people across faction lines, because the community was small enough that you recognized names. Now it's a sea of anonymity.

Remember when you could get black-listed on your server and not get invited to pugs? I think that put somewhat of a cap on toxic behavior; there's issues with blacklisting of course. I just remember joining a group of folks that I'd never played with and thinking "Damn, I need to stay on top of my game here if I want to get invited back." I'm not sure anyone gives that a second thought anymore.

Times change of course, and it's hard to say that things being more interconnected and the ability to play with people across realm is bad, but we can draw somewhat clear lines of cause when we analyze the impacts of these changes.

WoW itself never lost its glory. It's nostalgia tards like you that ruin the game for everything. Been playing since 2005 here. Game is the best it's ever been. Grow up.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-23 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Because its made like this. Super hard at start...then it gets dumbed down. And most people see it as pointless, since its gona get nerfed in future again and this is why there is almost no kills.

What is the point to sweat blood and tears on something so pointless, if you can just be patient till its normalized. Unless you realy have a dedicated players who want to be top 100 or something, its pointless.
    And even then its totaly pointless, unless you are backed up by some company that offers you some real world reward.

Oh did i mention, if you want to join a guild like this, you generaly need to pretty much make a job application.

I did raiding like this back in vanila, tbc and woltk and i can tell you its pain (and it also eats all your free time for something else). Couldnt even play other new games due to dedication.

...........................................The old hardcore raider..................................................

It only gets nerfed at the end of an expac when theres no future gear to make the previous raid easier. Do you want old content that doesn't allow you to progress your character to be harder than the current tier? Raids in BC even got nerfed due to being old/overtuned (Hello M'uru, yes i still hate you.) Only reason vanilla raids were hard was because datamining, youtube, and all the stuff we have now were not a thing... also bosses being buggy af. But yeah, raids always get nerfed at the end of the xpac even during so people can continue to progress. Not sure why you are saying its pointless now.

When joining a guild to raid in a non casual guild, you always submitted an application. That has been around since... always.. for pretty much every single guild unless you know someone in the guild that raids already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    They already tried that with Wildstar and it failed miserably
    This argument is so flawed that it's hardly worth acknowledging. Wildstar is not Vanilla WoW in any way, shape or form. The gameplay is just too different to try to draw any sort of lines of comparison. Not to mention it's a new IP, so even it's history isn't in parallel.

Too busy having fun to read this.

Legion is a blast so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Remember when you could get black-listed on your server and not get invited to pugs? I think that put somewhat of a cap on toxic behavior; there's issues with blacklisting of course. I just remember joining a group of folks that I'd never played with and thinking "Damn, I need to stay on top of my game here if I want to get invited back." I'm not sure anyone gives that a second thought anymore.
    I don't know about your server but my server still has notorious trolls that nobody likes, notorious guilds that people want nothing to do with and great guilds that everyone wants to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliden View Post
    Hey now, sometimes you had to use lesser ranks to conserve mana.
    Or use lesser rank becouse you could just go all in on the spam it and don´t care about mana.

The only thing i agreed a bit is the crossrealm made every server comunnity more quited and lack of care to interact to others but also it was at the same thing a good thing with less oque in dungeons and bgs(even with a group of friend was hard to enter in a dungeon because many people dont have the same free time) also the douchbags guildmaster in some server many times if he hates you for x reason the whole server reject you or refuse to even talk to you(in servers with few people this was very commun) and you ending moving to other server or quite the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    This argument is so flawed that it's hardly worth acknowledging. Wildstar is not Vanilla WoW in any way, shape or form. The gameplay is just too different to try to draw any sort of lines of comparison. Not to mention it's a new IP, so even it's history isn't in parallel.
    I'm only going by what the Devs of what game were trying to achieve and their inspirations for the game. Of course Wildstar is wildly different than vanilla in that it's a rather modern game but the old practices of slow ass grinds, attunements, "hard" end game etc were found to be unfavorable and that's why people left it in droves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    WoW itself never lost its glory. It's nostalgia tards like you that ruin the game for everything. Been playing since 2005 here. Game is the best it's ever been. Grow up.
    That's your opinion, it's not more factual or well-founded than the opinion that you're calling people tards over, ironically.

I disagree. Now what, tard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    @Alvorea:

I fully agree.

Frankly I have lost hope that WoW will ever be what it used to be, which is why I haven't bought the expansion and I no longer play. The best way I could describe Retail WoW is "Communism". Everyone is the same with everyone else, everyone gets to have what the other guy has.

The other things you say, i.e. all classes feel the same, all classes play the same, no community, no big guilds, no socialization etc have been said here 1000 times, and Blizzard is very well aware of our views (as J. Allen Brack noted) and they disagree. They want to develop their game in a different way which they believe will yield much profit.

It is all about the money. Back when the game was really good, the people who run Blizzard were just like you and me, they were people who only wanted to make good games and played the games they developed. After Activision took over, WoW was not developed in the previous style but started being steered towards what the then Developers believed would fetch max profit. This completely ruined WoW and altered the game into something else almost beyond recognition.

The only hope there is to experience original WoW is that Blizzard decides to run Classic, TBC and WOTLK servers. Believing that they will ever change the current WoW to make it like the first three incarnations of the game is a pipe dream since the current version of the game is still liked by some and makes them some money still. They have no incentive.

No point to continue, I think this discussion is a waste of time.
    Oh ya, I just needed to express this not that I am 110 and I got that feeling. Maybe this explains Metzen and a bunch of others leaving the game now.

But.. I am a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I don't know about your server but my server still has notorious trolls that nobody likes, notorious guilds that people want nothing to do with and great guilds that everyone wants to be like.
    Of course, but they now no longer get blacklisted by more and more players through dungeons and BGs. Raiding is pretty much the only thing that affects you for being a major cunt in WoW now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    I miss inspecting raiders and /drool their epics and looking them as legends. It was nice.

But.. I am a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    1. It's the matter of how rare high end items were and the prestige it brought. Think of the current iteration of Legendaries. Legendaries are rare as hell right now right? Once you obtain on you feel a sense of accomplishment, a sense that you're more powerful, right? THAT is how epics felt back in the day. Granted, they weren't as rare as Legendaries are now, but it's a similar concept. Purples were not easily obtainable. Now, not so much as EVERYONE has them. There's no carrot dangling infront of your face so to say. Thats what Im getting at. Would you disagree that high end gear is easily obtainable now? If you say no, than you my friend are completely wrong. I still love WoW, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that they have me accessing things so much easier then before.

2. This is a subjective topic. While I agree the endgame is where things matter, leveling was important and fun along the way.

3. I am in no way saying the game is bad, what I am saying though is that they took away the uniqueness of a server community. Yes, we still have the option of interacting with people but with all the cross realm stuff, seeing tons of other people from other servers in your area, it just breaks up that exclusivity of a server. What the hell is the point of a single server now? It servers no purpose. Everyone is now pretty much on some mega server since you see 019283813 people from other servers. So yes, I will continue saying this. Community has been utterly destroyed by Blizzard because of the things they have implemented.
    1. so your more or less asking for all gear to drop as blues unless your doing mythic raiding or M+10? i dont see what that changes. and no i dont feel special for having orange pixels. its just loot, it makes it easier to kill things and that is its only purpose. i take pride in my average Ilvl (within reason of course, sometimes worse gear can be better for your spec cuz of secondary stats)

2.totally subjective, not worth arguing, moving on.

3.why do you need to think of only your server as your community, your server cluster is now your community. if blizz didnt display that tag stating someone was from another realm you would never know and i dont think it would matter. as i said i think people dont want to socialize like they used too. and that isnt blizzards fault in the least.

OP: Your English is quite well enough. I agree wholeheartedly.

In a nutshell WoW has lost much of both the MMO and RPG and become more of a third person LoL analogue. It's far from the game it used to be, and I too miss it as it was.

Many hardcore players still can't seem to get over themselves when they assume "well everyone looked up cookie cutter specs". No, no they didn't. Most people didn't raid, either. Hell, Blizzard once cited that in Classic most people didn't even reach level cap.

There had been far, far more casual players, of varying degrees, who simply enjoyed being part of a huge immersive world, having fixed realm communities, and building characters that had a lot more depth and potential customization. Even if most builds were "wrong" by min/max standards.

Now, thanks to a combination of Blizzard designer stubbornness and Activision bean counting IMO, we have a game engineered to rush-rush those same players through the world into the raid treadmill, and force everyone into cookie-cutter builds, lest they potentially experiment and draw ire by underperforming in the raid treadmill.

WoW has always been themepark but it fostered a lot more player investment and emergent gameplay in the past. Now it's about railroading everyone into raids as fast as possible, with no specs available but the cookie-cutters, because Blizzard still wants a raid-centric game and Activision wants participation rates.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

I agree I don't like the pruning and the new class design

who wants to go back in time where only one spec was viable for each class?
    warriors only tanked.
    priests only healed.
    druids were mana batteries.
    etc.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Lol, no no no, not even close my friend. The game(while I do enjoy it) has become EXTREMELY easier on all fronts. Everything. Leveling... people max lvl in 1 day.. Years ago, nope this didn't happen. Epics are now handed out easily.. years ago, nope not so much. I could go on and onnnnn and onnnnn. It's still a fun ass game, don't get me wrong, but saying it's still the same is completely, 100% wrong.
    The game is exactly the same, the only thing that changed is :

1)coloring of items, to item levels.

2)Speed of queues, instead of searching.

If you believe you are playing a different game, wake up.