Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    OMG the police are terrible monsters killing all those black... O wait looks like white people are #1 on that list. Guess it isn't all that bad after all. You know since its only a big deal when a black guy gets shot by the police, but when it's a white guy we shrug our shoulders and go "Oh Well".
    Yea look at #1, that is all there is to it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yea look at #1, that is all there is to it.
    Do I detect sarcasm? Sure, its more than that, but in the end that's the proper assessment of the overall date. When considering which demographics a police officer comes into contact during a shift, whites are over represented in police shootings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    Do I detect sarcasm? Sure, its more than that, but in the end that's the proper assessment of the overall date. When considering which demographics a police officer comes into contact during a shift, whites are over represented in police shootings.
    Im more interested in the unarmed data to be perfectly honest. Or the high number of mental illness.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    #nolivesmatter

But for real I can tell some people have issues understanding statistics
    http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...38/202/0d9.jpg

What's the number of ppl total shot by police, not just killed?

990 ppl total killed by police last year really isn't bad at all. I expected it to be much higher, and the number of black Americans killed to be much higher based on the riots and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Im more interested in the unarmed data to be perfectly honest. Or the high number of mental illness.
    They don't go into detail, or at least not any I could find at a cursory glance. Considering my aforementioned statistics showing that blacks account for 54% of the murders here in the United States for them to be over represented in unarmed police shootings more than 50 or 51 of the 93 in total would have to be black. And if its just 3 or 4 over that it could very easily be a statistical outlier.

Now if you want to remove race from the discussion and talk about the sheer number in total that'd be a worthwhile conversation to have. I just don't think the statistics match up with what some activist groups and the majority of the media are claiming. If anything, it shows the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    What's the number of ppl total shot by police, not just killed?
    We don't know. The USA has barely gotten to the point where reliable numbers on how many are killed are available.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Fact be damned indeed.

It begs the question though. Why do media go out of their way to create a false narrative that could potentially lead to fractuing USA? Are there people behind the scenes who hope to cripple USA in some way and then take some form of advantage over it when it's vulnerable?
    Skewing views in the other direction generates no ad revenue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    We don't know. The USA has barely gotten to the point where reliable numbers on how many are killed are available.
    This is something to keep in mind. In the US there are no statistics officially.
    Civilian lives is not important enough to keep track of.

Something like 60 million cop/civi interactions per year. Less than 1k of those end poorly. Thats GREAT!!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Something like 60 million cop/civi interactions per year. Less than 1k of those end poorly. Thats GREAT!!
    Great, so I get to kill 1/60,000 people that I encounter?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Great, so I get to kill 1/60,000 people that I encounter?
    I wont even bother with this stupid logic.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I think one of the most telling statistics from OPs graph is the Threat Level part. Showing that basically 75% of these were "attack in progress" Thus shit was happening and police responded (at least that seems to be the simple interpretation).

Add that 870 could be considered having a deadly weapon or the availability of using deadly force. Yes a vehicle counts as that. This is regardless of race.

Thus the real things to look at are the other 100ish.

I would further surmise that race proportions in terms of police being more likely to shoot a black person due to population is an incredibly misleading interpretation. I say this because of the amount of active threat level and the vast majority of those being armed. Thus, if you want to base this on population, you would then have to surmise based on said population, that more black men are actively armed and dangerous and committing more crimes than there population. Thus, going further, then admitting that black people commit more crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I wont even bother with this stupid logic.
    What? You're arguing that it is acceptable because it is supposedly rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The example was to show that they tend to only interact with people when a crime happens, of course they will deal with innocent victims, it's sad that I have to spell that out for you.
    Liar liar, pants on fire:

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Generally they have more dealings with criminals than innocents. Police don't get calls to investigate a house that wasn't robbed.
    Even in your example, they are dealing with innocent. Then there are witnesses, leads and a plethora of other things police need to do.

You don't need to spell anything out for me, just stop lying. Your go to of being insulting, when confronted with being wrong, is unbecoming.

Even if you throw out half the arrest and say they are innocent it's still a staggering number. Most people will agree with these numbers, they just blame it on systaltic racism, while you are saying it's all bullshit.
    No, I'm saying those claiming your statistic represent crime committed are full of shit. Just like you are full if shit, when you add your biased spin to what I said.

Do these statistics show number of arrests or number of crimes committed? Simple question, no need for your assessment of what I am saying, just answer that question. Oh, you cannot, without insulting or adding your bias to what I said? Shocking!!!!

You proved me right, instead of giving you shit for once again providing sources contradicting you, I give you the chance to take the high road and ride of seemingly confirming what I said. Nope, not good enouph for mr liar... No, he will double down, pretend I said things I never did... Fucking rediculous...
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-09-23 at 10:51 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Wait, we don't want facts. We want feelings.

You know why the media creates this false narrative. Because they are the ones destroying black communities with their support of mass immigration which has the effect of taking opportunities away from blacks. They manipulate and shift blame with cries of racism at every turn to protect themselves.

One day maybe they will see who the real enemy is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    That is a rate 10-100x higher, relative to population to population, than in any other West-European nation.

If we don't mind just a 100 unarmed people getting shot (often for no reason besides the cop being trigger happy), then why not also allow Death Penalty again or allow 1000 kids to get raped every year because it's just a small number? Just...

Oh, hey, also just a few hundred death because of school shootings. Not really a problem is it?
    A result of there being lots of guns around.

But an acceptable result.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 (glaring) problems with the OPs post.

#1, Blacks are only 12% of the US population, so adjusted for that Blacks are 3.5 times more likely than Whites to be shot by police. That's what people have been saying all along, that Blacks are far more likely to be shot than Whites, which is exactly what the data shows. The people that do this comparison leave out the more likely part. If more Blacks were shot than Whites being only a minority of the population, that would really be insane.

#2 it doesn't account for the suspicious deaths of Blacks that are not by shooting. The death of Sandra Bland while in police custody by hanging when she had no suicidal signs (after mouthing off to a sheriff with a racist history) was one high profile example. Freddie Grey in Baltimore who somehow died in the back of a police van by blunt force trauma was also highly questionable. There are a lot of these cases that are lower profile. And it raises a lot of questions that Blacks in particular tend to kill themselves while in police custody. If a cop doesn't like you for whatever reason, when you are in police custody and totally in their control it opens the door to all kinds of shady things happening. I know a cop who openly said that if there was someone in custody they didn't like (especially child/woman abusers) that they would sometimes "accidentally" fall down the jail stairs. And he's not racist at all. So you can imagine the things that would happen in some towns where they are.
    Last edited by Auxora; 2016-09-23 at 11:17 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How about a "US shootings" megathread already? While this isn't reporting specific shooting, it's everyday occurrence anyway.

And to the usual suspects who say "but vehicles kill alot more than guns!" Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vi..._United_States
    Linandra, you should ignore the suicide numbers. People can kill themselves with just about anything, guns are simply seen as a very quick and painless method to do so. Chances are extremely high they would've killed themselves whether they had guns or not. Only the homicides and accidental deaths matter in this context.