Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd like to see wipe logs of all the people saying they one shot most or all of the bosses.

We full cleared in about 5 hours of raid time. 6/7 highmaul was definitely easier. But imperator was a step or two above xavius.

Anyone comparing nythendra to korgath is just silly. Nythendra is fairly healing intensive and is easy to die on during transitions. Took us 5 attempts. Kargath was a complete pushover.

- - - Updated - - -

Iirc, wipes on each boss:
    Nythendra: 5
    Ursoc: 3
    Ilgyanoth: 3
    Dragons: 2
    Elerethe: 8
    Cenarius: 7
    Xavius: 9

And comparing it to Hfc isn't fair because this is a short entry raid with only 7 bosses. Although archimonde was one of the harder heroic bosses we've seen.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2016-09-23 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You forgot the part where EN is tuned mostly for 825-830 ilvl. I bet most your group is 840+
    i bet most groups clearing on first night were 850 + with 23-24 artifact traits when raid is probably tuned for 830 and 13-14 traits -_-

this happens when people have 3 weeks to farm gear

It's almost like HC isn't the hardest difficulty.

I felt it was much harder.

- Mechanically more complex than HM HC
    - More punishing mechanics, as in you have to move from everything, because all mechanics will either one or twoshot you, which was absolutely not the case in HM HC

It did feel like bosses died a lot faster than first week of HM though. Our raiddps vs bosshp felt much better, which is logical, because most ppl are currently sitting around 850 iLvl vs 865 dropped from bosses, but when you entered HM, you would be 640 iLvl vs 670 dropped by the bosses.

It really did surprise me how hard the mechanics punished you though. While the fights were kinda simple, the dmg they did, felt closer to Mythic, than HC.

If Blizz buffed the bosshp to adjust for our iLvl, it would be much harder than HM HC was on release.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    I felt it was much harder.

- Mechanically more complex than HM HC
    - More punishing mechanics, as in you have to move from everything, because all mechanics will either one or twoshot you, which was absolutely not the case in HM HC

It did feel like bosses died a lot faster than first week of HM though. Our raiddps vs bosshp felt much better, which is logical, because most ppl are currently sitting around 850 iLvl vs 865 dropped from bosses, but when you entered HM, you would be 640 iLvl vs 670 dropped by the bosses.

It really did surprise me how hard the mechanics punished you though. While the fights were kinda simple, the dmg they did, felt closer to Mythic, than HC.

If Blizz buffed the bosshp to adjust for our iLvl, it would be much harder than HM HC was on release.
    Yup exactly this. Mechanics are way more punishing compared to highmaul, but our DPS is much bigger so we kill stuff faster

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You forgot the part where EN is tuned mostly for 825-830 ilvl. I bet most your group is 840+
    /thread. It's tuned for 830 at the most. We have people at 840 iLvL just doing WQs

Yeah it's pretty easy. I bet things will get worked on in future tiers. Glad to know OP will get world first in a couple hours when mythic releases.

you are saying that with yout 850ilvl gear lmao.

i can remember myself on HM normal with 620~ pulling 18k.

Deleted
    Complete joke in the Forums, complete Chaos in Pug's. Cant see downing some Pug's downing Cenarius HC.

Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    it was a mistake on blizzards part to give us 850ilvl gear, should have been capped at like 835 if they wanted EN hc to be a challenge.

Just look at highmaul for example, normal Highmaul dropped 655 gear but the highest gear you could easily get pre-raid was 640 from doing a daily challenge mode, Boe's which were 665 and mabye one bit of maxed apexis gear pre-raid which was also only 640. However normal EN drops 850 gear and 850 gear is easily accessible already in Mythic dungeons and Mythic+ as well as crafted gear.
    what if i told you, that with this you are almost skipping normal, and you only have heroic, and the reason of this its because a new content patch its coming really really soon .? Maybe we dont need to do normal undergeared to gear up and do heroic undergeared. maybe it doesnt need to last 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    You have more itemlevels than back before HM...
    Also HM bosses were easy too, except Imperator. The first 6 were a joke.

Even though Emerald Nightmare isn't a crazy place on norm (and thats the only mode I've done so far, though I hear heroic is in the same boat), I think part of it is we're coming off of a year of HFC and Archimonde, and we aren't in the mindset for 'entry' raids maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

edit: perhaps this is a way to lead us to mythic raiding. Playerbase is improving their skills on raiding too. as ive done. i started at final of mop, and well. on MoP i was strugglin on LFR.

now that i touch this topic i want to add something. If it wasnt by LFR. i would never know that WoW has raiding and big bosses that you need a group to kill. So im glad that it exist and now im trying to hop on mythic.

15+ Year Old Account
    The easiest raid tier in it's hardest possible difficulty was Tier 7 by far.

Emerald Nightmare is a lot more enjoyable than MSV/HoF/ToES or HM so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    Imo, I found HM HC to be easier. I looked up my old statistics and I had less wipes or roughly the same in HM with a guild that was worse than my current one.

I don't think that is possible. Never wiped on Kargath on HC and had one wipe on Nythendra. Of course both bosses are easy, but Nythendra can lead to a wipe faster if people start to fuck things up.
    True that.

I don't even remember wiping on Kargath. I've sent 1h30 on Nythendra HC in a public group today. I was tanking, things were going smoothly enough there, but people were either getting slowly crushed by the rotten mechanics and/or we didn't have enough DPS before Berserk.

Although it isn't that hard, I don't see organized people in guild who know their thing having any issue, it's definitely less forgiving than Kargath if you ask me.

No, Wrath Naxx was the easiest raid, followed by ToC and Dragon Soul.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As some have already mentioned, Naxxramas was definitely easier. And that was actually at intended item levels, as they didn't give people 3 weeks to get raid-equivalent gear from other sources before finally opening it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    I'd like to see wipe logs of all the people saying they one shot most or all of the bosses.

We full cleared in about 5 hours of raid time. 6/7 highmaul was definitely easier. But imperator was a step or two above xavius.

Anyone comparing nythendra to korgath is just silly. Nythendra is fairly healing intensive and is easy to die on during transitions. Took us 5 attempts. Kargath was a complete pushover.

- - - Updated - - -

Iirc, wipes on each boss:
    Nythendra: 5
    Ursoc: 3
    Ilgyanoth: 3
    Dragons: 2
    Elerethe: 8
    Cenarius: 7
    Xavius: 9

And comparing it to Hfc isn't fair because this is a short entry raid with only 7 bosses. Although archimonde was one of the harder heroic bosses we've seen.
    Yeah these people are full of shit, basically. I'm not denying it's possible to kill these bosses in a couple of attempts, but anyone saying they one shot the bosses on heroic either had A) tons of experience on beta, or B) extremely good luck. My guild isn't the best but we spent a lot of time putting together strategies to make Emerald Nightmare Heroic easier, and there are several intricacies to each fight that it was hard to plan for ahead of time. Our wipe total was:

Nythendra 6
    Ursoc 4
    Il'gynoth 3
    Dragons 0
    Elerethe 8
    Cenarius 17
    Xavius 9

We also had some major issues in cenarius with the cleansing puddles not working well for a large group and dealing with the tricky nature of cleansing the right add. Sorry but I'll take a little hubris here and say that anyone who claims to have one shot Cenarius with the way that fight is wonky in so many ways is probably lying. And when I look at hardcore guilds who still wipe to these bosses on their split runs, it makes me question even more somebody who tries to claim they one shot everything.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Deleted
    Well for me both raids are equally easyer
    HM is abit more easy because we oneshot the raid with barely 650-660 overall gear for the raid
    Dont forget that blizz change their miond between Highmaul and late HFC how how difficult should be Heroic raid
    And also looks like that Nightmare will be a nice challenge in mythic compared to Highmaul where only 2 bosses can stop you from progress to Cutting Edge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Yeah these people are full of shit, basically. I'm not denying it's possible to kill these bosses in a couple of attempts, but anyone saying they one shot the bosses on heroic either had A) tons of experience on beta, or B) extremely good luck. My guild isn't the best but we spent a lot of time putting together strategies to make Emerald Nightmare Heroic easier, and there are several intricacies to each fight that it was hard to plan for ahead of time. Our wipe total was:

Nythendra 6
    Ursoc 4
    Il'gynoth 3
    Dragons 0
    Elerethe 8
    Cenarius 17
    Xavius 9

We also had some major issues in cenarius with the cleansing puddles not working well for a large group and dealing with the tricky nature of cleansing the right add. Sorry but I'll take a little hubris here and say that anyone who claims to have one shot Cenarius with the way that fight is wonky in so many ways is probably lying. And when I look at hardcore guilds who still wipe to these bosses on their split runs, it makes me question even more somebody who tries to claim they one shot everything.

What we did with a large group was that our raid just stacked on where the pool spawned. Everyone would get cleansed then. After that, it took us one try to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flotmand View Post
    What we did with a large group was that our raid just stacked on where the pool spawned. Everyone would get cleansed then. After that, it took us one try to kill it.
    yeah we ended up figuring out that secret after we had dropped down to a smaller group size.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory