Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While I really like this show I'm starting to get pissed off at all these plot twists after plot twists etc. They just keep throwing them without any meaning and the whole story gets garbled. A few surprises and plot twists are good but enough is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Mr Robot is now 2/2 on overly confusing/rushed season finale episodes for otherwise masterfully crafted seasons. I had the same issue with Season 1 Finale. It explained nothing, payed off nothing, and was just a tease for Season 2.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Forgot to mention. I think Joanna was fucking that guy this whole time just to get him to a point where he'd corroborate the story that Scott was the one who killed his wife. I don't think she actually loves him or would want to give up Tyrell for him.

I mean, she seemed happy to get Tyrell's stuff and probably didn't want to track him down JUST for child support payments. She seemed to brag in her story to Elliot that Tyrell always did what was necessary.

So ya. I think her storyline really was good and she gamed this guy into lying to get her way. The same way Tyrell usually does.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, they cursed a lot in the episode last night lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Forgot to mention. I think Joanna was fucking that guy this whole time just to get him to a point where he'd corroborate the story that Scott was the one who killed his wife. I don't think she actually loves him or would want to give up Tyrell for him.

I mean, she seemed happy to get Tyrell's stuff and probably didn't want to track him down JUST for child support payments. She seemed to brag in her story to Elliot that Tyrell always did what was necessary.

So ya. I think her storyline really was good and she gamed this guy into lying to get her way. The same way Tyrell usually does.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, they cursed a lot in the episode last night lol.
    But I dont really see how the guy would hold up the story if Joanna broke up with him to be with Tyrell. He would just tell the cops everything or threaten Joanna with it (which might cost him his life)

Sort of reviewing episode now. I don't feel like rewatching the FBI scenes.

Darlene's IP Address:

http://192.251.68.246/

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    But I dont really see how the guy would hold up the story if Joanna broke up with him to be with Tyrell. He would just tell the cops everything or threaten Joanna with it (which might cost him his life)
    She will just make him 'go away' after he plants the seed of doubt over that night. And make it look like they intimidated/disposed of him.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-09-22 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    She's never been seen in public with him. And she's a really scrutinized person: she's on the cover of magazines for what she wears to yoga classes.

And I'm sure the bodyguard would just kill him when they were done with him anyway. They killed the parking attendant for FAR less.

Idk if the end goal was to get Tyrell back to CTO position, or just to get revenge on Scott. Or maybe to get Tyrell's severance package? Or maybe all of the above. But it's clear she doesn't REALLY love him. It's weird because her little speech of "Tyrell couldn't give me the simple things like just love like you did, I don't need fancy stuff from you" to him, but to everyone else she brags and only thinks of Tyrell.

- - - Updated - - -

Goddamn. You guys need to buy me glasses for staring at this shit.

Angela's IP Address:

It's so like obscure and not even the focus.

- - - Updated - - -

So the ending with Angela and Tyrell, they sounded so close that I thought they were like siblings. Or maybe that Tyrell and Elliot were siblings. I didn't realize his love meant...you know...gay love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i have no idea whats going with this story anymore.

Deleted
    Wtf ,show mercy .We have to wait a year for explanations.

You haven't been paying attention then haha

It's Dark Army vs E Corp.

Everyone left on this show works for the Dark Army. Angela, Elliot, Tyrell, Darlene.

And that's about it, I think. Not sure if the FBI girl is Dark Army or E Corp.

But I agree it is an overall messy finale.

Darlene doesnt work for the dark army, shes lucky to be alive.

I don't think it was a messy final. The only really unanswered questions are Tyrell/Angela link but that will be explored in season 3+

Wasnt the greastest episode of the season but the FBI reveal to Darlene were nice scenes. And the Voice of Mr Robot dying saying "Thats what I ment by all the way, cant let it stopped kid, not even by us" in like a fading radio signal was awesome.

And Elliot's acting in general and character progress right up till the ending.

Don't play down the meaning of the scenes with Darlene and Dom. Darlene was utterly convinced that they had done everything near-perfectly and the FBI knows nothing. Dom meanwhile had been feigning lack of knowledge for most of it, until she leads Darlene to the room with the board. (As an aside, the "make Darlene feel important" thing was accomplished just by the walk to the room with all the agents turning their direct attention to her.)

Dom's board wasn't just any old "list of suspects". She had almost everything on all of F.Society except where Tyrell was. This is a complete bombshell to Darlene because she thought they'd done everything right and they really hadn't. Dom's speech about the python personifies how she'd chosen to wait with all this information (or in some ways was forced to by her superiors).

Those scenes alone are worth re-watching to understand just how well Dom outplays Darlene.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been keeping up with the show and what not, just saw the S2 finale. I have but one question.

What the fuck is this show about? Seriously, I'm confused as to what the main driving force of the plot is. Things seem to get convoluted every time there's a new twist, and now it's hard to see what the main plot really is.

Or is it just my retarded ass that has this line of thinking on this show.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    For as impressed as I have been the entire Season the last episode just didnt click for me. Fucking set up episode for the season finale to setup next season?
    I did not hate it, just did not really like it.

Total side question to the entire episode.
    I was trying to figure out what Fry's Mobley and Trenton were at.

I guess Texas or Nevada because he talked about the rain.

Fry's is a giant electronics store on the West coast that has a couple mid west locations.
    Each store has different themes, and I have been to most of the ones in Southern California.
    It is stupid to nitpick, but it wasn't a Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    What the fuck is this show about? Seriously, I'm confused as to what the main driving force of the plot is.
    >There's a big corporation that runs everything.
    >Corporations are evil.
    >S1: Hack the corporation and encrypt all their files. Then all debt is forgiven and the system is in chaos.
    >S2: Live with the consequences of S1. Also, put the final nail in the coffin by destroying the paper records of the big bad corporation so they have NOTHING.*

*Btw lol it's funny to compare Darlene and Mr. Robot's leadership.

Darlene wanted to crush evil corp and continue to "help the world" by making Evil Corp look bad and make fools of Congress, young adult hipster way at a time.

Mr. Robot sweet talks Tyrell and White Rose into destroying everything left in Evil Corp and really being chaos by blowing up a building to destroy even paper records.

Darlene's little "I'm not special" speech is on point. Compared to real hackers she's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Just wait for the news story. "Black teen shot by cops after he uses ninja sword to kill ISIS woman and her male friend."

No but seriously I think...I forgot his name. Leon? I think Leon is gonna kill them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Don't play down the meaning of the scenes with Darlene and Dom. Darlene was utterly convinced that they had done everything near-perfectly and the FBI knows nothing. Dom meanwhile had been feigning lack of knowledge for most of it, until she leads Darlene to the room with the board. (As an aside, the "make Darlene feel important" thing was accomplished just by the walk to the room with all the agents turning their direct attention to her.)

Dom's board wasn't just any old "list of suspects". She had almost everything on all of F.Society except where Tyrell was. This is a complete bombshell to Darlene because she thought they'd done everything right and they really hadn't. Dom's speech about the python personifies how she'd chosen to wait with all this information (or in some ways was forced to by her superiors).

Those scenes alone are worth re-watching to understand just how well Dom outplays Darlene.
    Mmmmm I guess I'm taking it for granted that the FBI knew so much. I'll rewatch them as you said. Good point.

E Corp also literally wants to take over america's economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    So I've been keeping up with the show and what not, just saw the S2 finale. I have but one question. What the fuck is this show about?
    Its a show with lots of current hot topics.

Covers mental illness, Drug abuse, Technologys influence and hacking potential. Corporations with too much power and reach. Society in general. The feeling of hopelessness and wanting to change the world but feeling powerless to do so. Its also heavily grounded in realism while being slightly fantasy as well. And above all family and redemption. Its just good tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Total side question to the entire episode.

I guess Texas or Nevada because he talked about the rain.
    I was looking at that and thinking it looked familiar, not the store, but the terrain and the roadway layout, so I googled it, and damn, for once I was right, it's Phoenix Arizona.

I totally missed the scene with Trenton and Mobley, where was it in the episode? I'm so confused.

Anyways, I think the payoff with the Darlene at the FBI scene is her saying "You've got to be fucking kidding me." That implies to me that there's something on the board which confuses her, not that she's surprised with how much they know. What can that possibly be?

It seems clear to me it's Tyrell Willeck, and his relationship with Eliot. Why the fuck does he say "I love him"? Even Angela saying it is weird. Angela briefly met Willeck at Allsafe, but that's it. Also, it seems like even though Eliot was shot (was he really?) both Tyrell and Angela expect him to wake up.

Rami's acting was superb, just his face when he's lying on the floor is intense. Definitely deserves that Oscar. The series is brilliantly acted in general, but as for what the fuck is going on, who the fuck knows?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I totally missed the scene with Trenton and Mobley, where was it in the episode? I'm so confused.
    After the credits.