Page 1 of 3
LastLast

First video of Keith Scott incident released

While you don't see him being shot, the audio, along with knowledge that the gun was recovered at the scene, paints a pretty clear picture that couldn't be more different than the narrative of the first few days. (reading a book, yadda yadda)

Warning: While you don't see him being shot, the audio may be difficult for some to listen to.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/1000....html?src=vidm

When you're told no less than 15 times to drop the gun and don't comply, I'm not sure how anyone can be surprised that you didn't make it home that night. Sad, sad, sad.

What I find most sad of all, is that cases like this (much like false accusations of rape, etc) do far more harm to the legitimate cases of police brutality or excessive use of force than anything.
    [Insert Witty Signature Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivale View Post
    While you don't see him being shot, the audio, along with knowledge that the gun was recovered at the scene, paints a pretty clear picture that couldn't be more different than the narrative of the first few days. (reading a book, yadda yadda)

Warning: While you don't see him being shot, the audio may be difficult for some to listen to.

When you're told no less than 15 times to drop the gun and don't comply, I'm not sure how anyone can be surprised that you didn't make it home that night. Sad, sad, sad.

What I find most sad of all, is that cases like this (much like false accusations of rape, etc) do far more harm to the legitimate cases of police brutality or excessive use of force than anything.
    Doesn't matter, people will still scream racist cop.

That's a gun laying on the ground next to him right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    That's a gun laying on the ground next to him right?
    inb4 "The gun was planted there by the cops"

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Doesn't matter, people will still scream racist cop.
    Bapestar, Themius and he who shall not be named will still come in here trying to say it was somehow whitey's fault. They'll say that systemic oppression caused him to do it or that the cops should have "found another way"

Lots of irresponsible statements made about this case that led to the riots in NC.

First, Keith Scott had a lengthy police record. Stop. No. Wait. I'm not saying that that justifies shooting him. My point was going to be that the family, who went on television and claimed he didn't have a gun and was only holding a book, helped flame the public outrage that led to the riots.

If your son or husband has a lengthy criminal record, which included several weapons charges, and you weren't there to see what happened, how can you say with any certainty that he didn't have a gun and instead had a book?

You can't. Simple as that.

Shame on the family members who pushed the "book" line... I'm not going to hold my breath for a public apology.

She's seems more angry than worried, you would figure she would have been tearfuly pleading for him to listen to,the cops from the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    She's seems more angry than worried, you would figure she would have been tearfuly pleading for him to listen to,the cops from the beginning
    To be fair, people react differently in these sorts of situations. I'd be a ball of tears and hysterical if my wife was shot and I knew she could die, but again, we're all wired differently.

I'm not seeing a gun in this video (not saying there wasn't one).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a weapon but the camera is shaking all over the damn place. She's also claiming he doesn't have one but maybe she doesn't know. Hopefully other video clears it up.

I also heard on the radio that the family has seen the police footage and they didn't make any sort of comments after. That may not bode well for their case

When she asked the police, "did you all call the police?" Damn man.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Why did she say "keith, dont do it!"? When he "didnt do anything".

play stupid games, win a stupid prize

It is obvious a set up perpetuated the victim and his family to get money from the gubment.
    Sandra Blands family just got a near 2,000,000 dollar paycheck.
    Where did the wife come from all of a sudden? Notice how she was calmly repeating do you shoot him. Loud enough so it could be heard clearly on the video but not loud enough for the police to notice her. If she was so worried why did she keep videoing? She should have intervened if she truly loved her husband. My wife would have. My wife would give her life for mine. I know I would give my life for her's. I surely wouldn't just stand back and whip out a phone and video it. She had time to do that. Seems awfully fishy...
    Just thinking out loud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Why did she say "keith, dont do it!"? When he "didnt do anything".
    She said "don't shoot him". There are several "hims" in that video. She could have been telling her husband not to shoot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I don't see a weapon but the camera is shaking all over the damn place. She's also claiming he doesn't have one but maybe she doesn't know. Hopefully other video clears it up.

I also heard on the radio that the family has seen the police footage and they didn't make any sort of comments after. That may not bode well for their case
    You can see it in the road. I saw it circled in an article.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivale View Post

She doesn't sound very angry about her husband getting shot...she sounds more interested in continuing the video and reminding them they better hope he's not dead. I'm pretty sure if I saw my wife shot in front of me that I'd be a little more reactive to that than talking to the police and saying I'M RECORDING YOU..I'M RECORDING YOU!!!
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    She doesn't sound very angry about her husband getting shot...she sounds more interested in continuing the video and reminding them they better hope he's not dead. I'm pretty sure if I saw my wife shot in front of me that I'd be a little more reactive to that than talking to the police and saying I'M RECORDING YOU..I'M RECORDING YOU!!!
    I agree. $$$$$$$ in that voice.

Some people are brought up differently than you and I my friend! To hell with video, I'd be worried about her.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2016-09-23 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing her reaction to what you would do is not helping anything. Also if somebody just got shot and potentially killed what do you expect someone else to do? Rush in and get shot also? Stick to the facts of the case and stop feeding into the us vs. them bullshit

Comparing her reaction to what you would do is not helping anything. Also if somebody just got shot and potentially killed what do you expect someone else to do? Rush in and get shot also? Stick to the facts of the case and stop feeding into the us vs. them bullshit
    Her reaction before he was shot was pure calm demeanor as well. Almost as if she was prepared for it, practiced...

The issue at hand is that out of the 330,000,000 million Americans. Only 93(in 2015) people have been shot by police that have been unarmed. Even less of those were black. Why in the world is she worried about her husband being shot if he is unarmed?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2016-09-23 at 07:59 PM.

If this video was supposed to further vilify the cops, it certainly has not. More like the people rioted over yet another black dude killed by cops, who apparently was either deaf, dumb, or both.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

There is absolutely no emotion from her about her husband just being shot. None. As I said, she continues to focus on how she's recording the police and making sure they know she's recording. I'm all for recording questionable police actions, but again, if I saw any family member shot, I think that's the time to put the phone away and handle the situation. Not continue to yell OOO I GOT YOU ON VIDEO.

And I agree, if Keith was doing nothing wrong, why did she continue to insist on Keith to not do whatever he was going to do?
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||