Legion adapting to.diablo 3 ideas good or bad?

Started realizing that legion is taking idea from d3 to use in wow. Now im not here to complain about it i honestly love it in WoWs game but what you think. What im talkin about is mythic + nd world quests with caches

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a ton of threads about this during beta but it might be interesting to see how people think about it now.

The big one was the system for world quests and I think that's just fine. So much better than repeating sets of dailies that it's not even comparable for me.

Haven't done much with Mythic+ yet but the idea itself seems like a good way to keep dungeons relevant as higher end stuff to do. Adding and changing affixes should spice them up considerably.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

They should just adopt the mythic+ idea for the raids. That would keep the bleeding edge guilds happy.

It's just a different way to go about dailies. It's certainly more interesting than having the same set of dailies every day with the same set of rewards.

I like the mythic plus, but fuck the loot RNG. You can't just keep spamming the same content to farm gear the way you can in D3.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

WQ are a pretty good addition. I like that there are only 4 required for the emissary reward and the fact that you can not log in for a day or 2 and not feel drastically behind is pretty comforting. I haven't ventured into any mythic+ yet but the concept is solid. It works well in diablo and people don't seem to mind rerunning that content repeatedly so I think it might work well for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    They should just adopt the mythic+ idea for the raids. That would keep the bleeding edge guilds happy.
    Mythic 5 mans share nothing but the name with mythic raiding. Less than 1% of players are mythic raiders anyway, and this would contribute to ilvl explosion even more.

Even though I'm getting a tad burned out on WQ I still vastly prefer them to old dailies. I REALLY like that you know never know what reward might be up and that even rewards that are below your level have a chance to warforge up is exciting. I like the idea of the world drop legendaries in that its pretty cool that you can get power items that will enhance an aspect of your spec and are limited to one (for now). I just wish they weren't as rare as they were for the first one. I think the first should be easily gotten but then subsequent should take longer.
    Last edited by Atreyis; 2016-09-23 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    We had a ton of threads about this during beta but it might be interesting to see how people think about it now.

The big one was the system for world quests and I think that's just fine. So much better than repeating sets of dailies that it's not even comparable for me.

Haven't done much with Mythic+ yet but the idea itself seems like a good way to keep dungeons relevant as higher end stuff to do. Adding and changing affixes should spice them up considerably.
    So instead we repeat a pretty small set of quests that ...... we already did while leveling. I'd agree with you if the world quests weren't rehashed crap from leveling, but they are not. They're all a repeat of leveling quests or kill a rare you probably killed while leveling. World Quests are no different than dailies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Mythic 5 mans share nothing but the name with mythic raiding. Less than 1% of players are mythic raiders anyway, and this would contribute to ilvl explosion even more.
    Please stop using that tired and completely unreliable and most likely off by about 2000% number.

Deleted
    I have mixed feelings about it, but overall I think it was bad.

WQ is just a shiny interface to daily quests. I like it. Can immediately see what quests are available, there is more variety to those quests. That was good addition.

Mythic+ idea is ok as well considering MoP/WoD content model, but why not just tune mythic properly instead? Multiple difficulties of same content is one of the worst ideas implemented in WoW. 2 difficulties was ok, but more than that - too many. It only serves as artificial extension of existing content instead of creating new content. BC, WoTLK and even Cataclysm had more raids at start of expansion. Then content has been replaced by multiple modes of same content. Mythic+ is just an extension of that retarded idea.

Titanforged idea was bad. It devalued existing content too fast. Developers said that titanforged is not something players should expect, yet many players (including me) had 850 gear in all or almost all slots by playing for 2-3 weeks. I had average 847 after just second week of Legion, stepped into Emerald Nightmare with 850 that made gear from normal raid useless. If titanforged didn't exist, players wouldn't even have 840 in all slots by time raids were opened, making both mythic dungeons and normal raids last longer.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-09-23 at 07:39 PM.

bla bla about it being an iteration of dailies but I do very much like the WQ system compared to the old way. I travel all over, the rewards are different and not just gold, i pick and chose which ones i want and how to prioritize. There are quite a few WQ's we havent done while leveling. The emissary quests and WQ's feel far more rewarding than the old dailies

Lets not make this about this tired old arguement, the topic is broader than just WQ's.

Diablo 3 RoS has people interested in it for a week. It's a horribly designed game. More people actively play Diablo 2 and path of exile than d3.

World quests are great
    Legendaries are dumb and a bad idea
    Class design is rapidly declining. I can think of one spec that feels better than previous iterations. Everything else is awful

I don't like any added layer of RNG to this game. It ultimately serves little more purpose than drawing out content and keeping us "engaged" for longer, with less. It's not impressive design by any means.

15+ Year Old Account
    @satimy World quests were fun for about 2 weeks, now it's just the same old same old.

As the rng goes, I hate it. Random legendary drops = shit, and when you get a bad one it's just soul crushing. I haven't had any luck whatsoever with getting a high ilvl item, meanwhile half my friends list is atleast 70% 850 geared from mythics. All the 850s I have were given to me.

Can't wait for mythic raids to release so the luck factor will be gone for the most part amongst my raid team.
    Last edited by Sting; 2016-09-23 at 08:26 PM.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

IF ideas/mechanics work in a game. doesn't mean they'll work in another game. But so far i got no complaints. Yes the Worldquests are quite repetitive but then again so are dailys. We'll never be able to get away from this saddenly. But i do find it more fun going around the world doing w/e i want for a faction i need. so far no complaints in that.

The mythic+ is Great, so far the first few levels are quite easy. But i think adding it was a great idea. should have been added in way earlier since heroics are basically the new normal. and normal is Looking for dummies.

Now the legendaries? i don't understand why they thought this would be a great idea. The idea of legendaries in wow are well they are LEGENDARY. one per expansion or 2 was good. But now multiple per class? nope don't like that. Also the bug that happend and the SHEAR RNG that can happen to people will annoy other people into leaving. theres people that have 3 legendaries and alot that have 0 legendaries. i feel like the "badluck protection" they put in is bullshit so far. Yes it should be low % but the fact people already got 3. is pretty dumb.
    Last edited by ralilioth; 2016-09-23 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    @satimy World quests were fun for about 2 weeks, now it's just the same old same old.

As the rng goes, I hate it. Random legendary drops = shit, and when you get a bad one it's just soul crushing. I haven't had any luck whatsoever with getting a high ilvl item, meanwhile half my friends list is atleast 70% 850 geared from mythics. All the 850s I have were given to me.

Can't wait for mythic raids to release so the luck factor will be gone for the most part amongst my raid team.
    I just find them better than dailies

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    Started realizing that legion is taking idea from d3 to use in wow. Now im not here to complain about it i honestly love it in WoWs game but what you think. What im talkin about is mythic + nd world quests with caches
    Started realizing? We get a new thread on this every day

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    So instead we repeat a pretty small set of quests that ...... we already did while leveling. I'd agree with you if the world quests weren't rehashed crap from leveling, but they are not. They're all a repeat of leveling quests or kill a rare you probably killed while leveling. World Quests are no different than dailies.

- - - Updated - - -

Please stop using that tired and completely unreliable and most likely off by about 2000% number.
    A few things to keep in mind about WQ though.

1. Yes most are modified quests from leveling or killing rares. However that's the thing with repeatable quests. Dailies might have been 'new' quests but you do them MANY times and a quest is only new once.

2. There are new quests such as the mana saber, bubble and block path quests mixed in.

3. Dungeon quests for sub bosses that you don't see leveling.

4. Profession quests.

5. Getting to pick and choose any 4 from a given faction to get the cache.

6. The three day cycle of caches so you don't miss out by missing a day.

7. The 'pvp' world quests.

Sure more new world quests would be nice but recycled content or not it's a big improvement over the old daily system imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    Uh, no? Most of us already hate the multiple difficulty system in raids. Scaling keystone raids would just suck, on top of being nearly impossible to tune and scale properly.