Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Proper Way to Open up in Havoc PvE

Most top parsers are Fel Rushing in Throwing Glaive ONCE, then immediatly going into metamorphisis and using Chaos Blades and Fury Of the Illidari right After then proceeding to a normal rotation Evidence here

Fel Rushing In
    Throwing Glaive Twice
    Building Fury and then Vengeful Retreating into Metamorphisis is incorrect!

Deleted
    Evidence is where?

What's the benefit of double glaiving? just out of curiosity... I've yet to use the proper rotation as I love not using fel rush for dps (find it annoying) but after watching some raids last night and see Havoc DH's being top 3 in opening dps and then maintaining it... might have to dabble into look at it properly!

Hit the dummy
    Last edited by phuzy; 2016-09-22 at 01:48 PM.

They are popping meta early because they are potting during the opening. Old War is so incredibly strong and does so much damage that you want Meta for as long as you can during it. This is why they are meta'ing early. Without pre-pot or using pot on opener, you definitely want to delay meta.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

My usual opener is Throw Glaive, Fel Rush, Fury of the Illidari, Fel Barrage, Throw Glaive, generate Fury (usually means second Fel Rush), then Metamorphosis.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNight at MMOC View Post
    My usual opener is Throw Glaive, Fel Rush, Fury of the Illidari, Fel Barrage, Throw Glaive, generate Fury (usually means second Fel Rush), then Metamorphosis.
    Have you taken Momentum? You're losing DPS by using Throw Glaive before your first Fel Rush if you're using that talent.

Deleted
    1. Fel Rush
    2. Fel Barrage (If talented, otherwise Throw Glaive)
    3. Throw Glaive
    4. Build to cap minus 20
    5. Fury of the Illidari/Vengeful Retreat (Same global)
    6. Metamorphosis
    7. Chaos Blades (If talented)

Hold on to FB/FoTI if adds come early.
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2016-09-22 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sworddude View Post
    Have you taken Momentum? You're losing DPS by using Throw Glaive before your first Fel Rush if you're using that talent.
    No. I do not like the play-style of Momentum so I opted out of it. I still pull really good numbers without it.

I don't get why people add "I pick worst talent in the tier and still pull really good nubmers with it". Nobody gives a crap what YOU think is a good DPS, it's about perfect performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    Why not FR > Glaive > FB > Fury > VR/Demons bite (same global) > Glaive > continue as normal.

That way you get glaive on cooldown asap and not wasting away at 2 stacks, same with FB but its normally less damage single target so its second. fury is started in momentum and momentum is kept up with the VR+DB which puts you at enough fury to do 3 important abilitys in momentum.

ofc if you are prepotting / using meta on pull your better off doing pot + meta on pull then CB then the above opener.
    You're really not wasting a whole lot by delaying TG, it's 1 global.
    You FB before TG because TG's hit is a potential stackgain on Fel Barrage that you'd otherwise lose out on.
    It's worth noting that most fights where you'd play FB has adds coming in so early that holding on to FB during the opener is probably a better choice anyway.

The reason for dumping both TGs in the opener is to get them recharging to not worry about spending them/having them cap during Meta where the goal is to get as many Annihilations out as possible without capping TG charges.

You FoTI and VR at the same time because it usually takes a global's worth of time before getting into Meta, and you can still fit in 3 Annihilations with Meta hastelevels, all while FoTI including explosion goes off inside the same Momentum window.
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2016-09-23 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    What's the benefit of double glaiving? just out of curiosity... I've yet to use the proper rotation as I love not using fel rush for dps (find it annoying) but after watching some raids last night and see Havoc DH's being top 3 in opening dps and then maintaining it... might have to dabble into look at it properly!
    Bloodlet: Throw Glaive causes targets to bleed for 200% of the damage inflicted over 10 sec. If this effect is reapplied, any remaining damage will be added to the new Bloodlet.

Gets a strong bleed up on the target with momentum active, gather up fury, VR, gain momentum again, hop in with Meta and go HAM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    They are popping meta early because they are potting during the opening. Old War is so incredibly strong and does so much damage that you want Meta for as long as you can during it. This is why they are meta'ing early. Without pre-pot or using pot on opener, you definitely want to delay meta.
    Have you tried pre-pot + CDs + Lust on pull? The first pull on Heroic Nythendra I started with 820k dps. I lold hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtuzk View Post
    You're really not wasting a whole lot by delaying TG, it's 1 global.
    You FB before TG because TG's hit is a potential stackgain on Fel Barrage that you'd otherwise lose out on.
    It's worth noting that most fights where you'd play FB has adds coming in so early that holding on to FB during the opener is probably a better choice anyway.

The reason for dumping both TGs in the opener is to get them recharging to not worry about spending them/having them cap during Meta where the goal is to get as many Annihilations out as possible without capping TG charges.

You FoTI and VR at the same time because it usually takes a global's worth of time before getting into Meta, and you can still fit in 3 Annihilations with Meta hastelevels, all while FoTI including explosion goes off inside the same Momentum window.
    So Throw Glaive twice in the opener before popping meta Got it
    Last edited by okokokokokok; 2016-09-23 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNight at MMOC View Post
    losing a ton of dps by using that TG before momentum. Priority during momentum I believe is TG>FotI>Eye Beam (with anguish)<chaos blades and during Meta annihilation beats all the spells with momentum. Could be wrong, still trying different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by okokokokokok View Post
    TG? what is that
    Throw Glaive

After the initial dual throw glaivez do I then only use it to keep bloodletting active? Currently I throw glaive after most every fel rush due to having to run a little into range again.

I was wrong about it feeling clunky in my other post though it's great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    After the initial dual throw glaivez do I then only use it to keep bloodletting active? Currently I throw glaive after most every fel rush due to having to run a little into range again.

I was wrong about it feeling clunky in my other post though it's great fun!
    This is correct they mesh well this way. Thats your highest priority with momentum is get bloodlet up. While out of meta that is.

So glad we DH as a community are helping each other and not flaming the ones who don't know. 10 thumbs up to everyone.
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

My question is where does Eye Beam and FotI fit in. I know both are above chaos blade but is it above annihilation? Would you FR>TGx2>FotI>VR>meta>eye beam>Annihilation?

or

FR>TGx2>FotI>VR>meta>eye beam>FR>Annihilation

or

FR>TGx2>FotI>FR>Eye Beam> Fury Build> VR>Meta>Annihilation

Thanks for the above, so I'm cool to keep bloodletting up and throw glaive after majority of my momentums

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    My question is where does Eye Beam and FotI fit in. I know both are above chaos blade but is it above annihilation? Would you FR>TGx2>FotI>VR>meta>eye beam>Annihilation?

or

FR>TGx2>FotI>VR>meta>eye beam>FR>Annihilation

or

FR>TGx2>FotI>FR>Eye Beam> Fury Build> VR>Meta>Annihilation
    i've been going: rush > glaives~foti*/bite~torrent > retreat > meta > whack whack whack whack

eye beam just doesn't fit into the opening nicely. i feel better using it after meta is off or saving it for some adds. *similar with foti..