Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If you want to think in a metaphorical way, Jaina fits it. Jaina died when Arthas turned to the Undead Scourge and such. Another death when Theramore happened. That's if you think the phrase we're talking about isn't meant to be taken literally.
    Jaina did actually die in Warcrimes (iirc an orc shoots her and Chi-Ji the red crane resurrects her), and i'd say the metaphorical death fits Theramore more than Arthas.

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

I recall hearing Odin is the lord of ravens.

After the Trial of Valor, we supposedly defeat Helya and free Odyn from his prison in the Halls of Valor. Perhaps Odyn is the one who turns this "key" after we release him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I agree the King of Diamonds would best fit Magni, who may not be the Speaker for Azeroth he believes himself to be.
    Or the King of Diamonds could be referring to someone wealthy, and Gallywix could be in cohorts with the Old Gods.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    Also, "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming" Sylvanas? Hasn't she been killed twice already? (or died once, and then later killed)
    What about Azshara ?
    She could be a final raid boss, her death leading to the opening of the Old God's prison ?
    I don't know her lore very well but I guess she HAS died in the past (just turning naga could be seen as a death to her)

I'm so glad I found this thread.

Absolute blast to read what you guys came up with!

I stopped about halfway through though, but wanted to point out that Lord of Ravens COULD refer to Odyn.

I'm sure someone else mentioned this but, you never know.

Deleted
    "Five keys to open our way, five torches to light our path" - Pillars Of creation (After Nighthold, we will have all 5 of them)
    "The lord of ravens will turn the key." - Khadgar will use pillars to shut down legion portal in Tomb of Sargeras... And that will cause N'zoth prison to unlock
    "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars." - Suramar? Nightwell ? Maybe N'zoth prison is under Suramar... and nightwell is keeping him locked (and making Nightborne addicted thus kinda unsuspicious future servants of N'zoth)
    "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." - Aszhara... Well she wanted to purge the world of not highborne and became empowered with old god juju
    "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you." - Anduin obviously. 1st lie might be ordering to stop legion portal inside tomb, thus unleashing N'zoth upon this world

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    "Five keys to open our way, five torches to light our path" - Pillars Of creation (After Nighthold, we will have all 5 of them)
    "The lord of ravens will turn the key." - Khadgar will use pillars to shut down legion portal in Tomb of Sargeras... And that will cause N'zoth prison to unlock
    "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars." - Suramar? Nightwell ? Maybe N'zoth prison is under Suramar... and nightwell is keeping him locked (and making Nightborne addicted thus kinda unsuspicious future servants of N'zoth)
    "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." - Aszhara... Well she wanted to purge the world of not highborne and became empowered with old god juju
    "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you." - Anduin obviously. 1st lie might be ordering to stop legion portal inside tomb, thus unleashing N'zoth upon this world

https://m.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/..._our_enemy_we/ this guy on reddit did a pretty good writeup.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.

The king of diamonds..." obviously magni
    "the five keys" is the pillars of creation
    "to find him drown yourself" Nzoth?
    "the boy king..." initially was think aduin but also applies to wratharion
    "her heart...." Azeroth herself
    "lord of ravens..." This one I have n oclue.
    "flesh is a gift.." curse of flesh and the old gods.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    What about Azshara ?
    She could be a final raid boss, her death leading to the opening of the Old God's prison ?
    I don't know her lore very well but I guess she HAS died in the past (just turning naga could be seen as a death to her)
    azshara never died, she was protecting herself and several highborne under a hellish strong barrier, then n'zoth took advantage of it and turned them into naga.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    [B]
    anduins lies are faith, tolerance and patience.
    what is a hellish lie to the void, is a welcomed truth to the light.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina old god confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    The king of diamonds..." obviously magni
    "the five keys" is the pillars of creation
    "to find him drown yourself" Nzoth?
    "the boy king..." initially was think aduin but also applies to wratharion
    "her heart...." Azeroth herself
    "lord of ravens..." This one I have n oclue.
    "flesh is a gift.." curse of flesh and the old gods.
    Could lord of ravens be Khadgar?

Atiesh can be used to open up portals to Karazhan and is also known for attracting ravens towards the wielder.

I mainly agree to this except a few things.

Il'gynoth is corrupted when speaking. Corrupted by the Nightmare. Nightmare is corruption created by the Old Gods. But Xavius works for the Legion (as he did previously in the WotA).
    So, the question is : did Sargeras give enough power to Xavius to resist the influence of the Old Gods ? Or did the Old Gods corrupted Xavius himself, and he became a puppet of theirs, with Sargeras and the legion learders not being aware of that ?
    Il'gynoth is not corrupted. He IS a creation of the nightmare, a creation of the old gods. As for Xavius, Malufrion state it in the raid. Let me show you the text of what he says :

"No doubt Xavius and his ancient master delight so much of our attention goes into the legion. Their insidious shadow seep into our world, distracting us with whispers and doubts.Pray that purging the Nightmare's corruption buy us enough time to defeat the Legion and catch our breath before the black Armies rise up from the depths "

Once again, Jaina is the obvious way.
    It's not the obivous way. Not at all and I don't understand why all of you are mad fixed on Jaina. She may be corrupted by the Old God, she may be a Drealord, she may be a voidlord, but she's not remotely important at all for the old gods.
    The Azeroth crater is the Well of Eternity/ Maelstrom and Nazjatar and the Naga are right under it. Magni was fed information coming from Azeroth , but if he is a pawn, then no doubt Azeroth has been corrupted or Highjacked to give him false informations.

what if the races of Azeroth were created by the Old Gods ?
    We know from Chronicles that most of the races where created by the Titans / Well of Eternity. We also know from WotLK that the Old Gods contaminated the titan's construct with the curse of Flesh, and made them Flesh, that's what Il'gynoth is speaking about.

Keys = pillars, once again. Hands down.
    The torchs ? Definitely refering to people, but who ?
    Could it be 5 NPCs (the ones he would be referring to in his other quotes) ? Anduin/Wrathion + Jaina/Sylvanas + Medivh/Khadgar + Magni + ??? (Illidan ? i'm very surprises nothing seems to point at him in these quotes)
    Could it be 5 players ? Like a 5-man dungeon where we would open the prison and unleash the Old God ?
    The 5 people who will carry and use the pillars against the Legion. We don't know yet who they will be.
    Last edited by Engal; 2016-09-23 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anzu the Raven God/Raven Lord could be the "Lord of Ravens" mentioned in the quote "The lord of ravens will turn the key." Anzu is somehow linked to the Emerald Dream of Azeroth despite originating on Draenor since the Sethekk Arakkoa used Anzu to attack the Dream. He also has a prophecy associated with him that mentions "Ravens" and "Old Blood".

"From the darkest night shall rise again the raven, shall take flight in the shadows, shall reveal the nature of its kind. Prepare yourself for its coming, for the faithful shall be elevated to take flight with the raven, the rest be forgotten to walk upon the ground, clipped wings and shame.
    Steel your minds and guard your thoughts. The dark wings will cloud and consume the minds of the weak, a flock of thralls whose feet may never leave the ground.
    The old blood will flow once again with the coming of the raven, the return of the darkness in the skies. Scarlet night, and the rise of the old.
    The raven was struck down once for flying too high, unready. The eons have prepared the Dark Watcher for its ascent, to draw the dark cloak across the horizon."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

About the crater / heart, from Chronicles:

"Y’Shaarj was dead, but its tendrils had bored more deeply through Azeroth than Aman’Thul had ever imagined. In excising the Old God from the world, he had inadvertently ripped an eternal wound in Azeroth’s surface. Volatile arcane energies—the lifeblood of the nascent titan—erupted from the scar and roiled out across the world."
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    again, the quote refers to a shattered heart, how you people arent seeing that is beyond me.

it makes perfect sense, jaina suffered A LOT during her life, her heart is now nothing but a crater filled with hatred.
    You could argue Azeroth is shattered after the sundering, or after the cataclysm. I just feel like The Old Gods wouldn't care too much about corrupting Jaina to the point where they would be whispering about it. Could be wrong, but I just don't think Jaina would mean that much to them.

Deleted
    Even though I personally would not like it, I think it might be Jaina the line about the heart refers to. She was the one who thwarted the Twilight Hammer's attempts to make peace become impossible several times. After every attempt she and Thrall were the only voices of peace and reason left among the leaders until right before Cataclysm the Twilight Hammer finally succeeded with the attack on the druids. And now she is vulnerable. She has nothing left but the pieces of her life and probably feels like everyone turned against her. The Old Gods take every opportunity and everyone, including guards and simple folk. They whisper into every ear that might possibly listen to them. And maybe in some that won't listen too. If Major Samuelson was important enough to them, I bet so is Jaina.
    I also think that the Old Gods would take 'credit' for filling a heart with hatred and despair even if the person is not consciously listening to them and what caused it wasn't even their doing. They want to be the Gods instead of the Titans only because they corrupted the Titans' work, so if someone comes close to their sphere of influence I guess they see that as their own work and the person as their servant or pawn.
    I hope it isn't so and if it is, then I hope we get to save her, because I'll be mad if we don't ^^ She was the only one with a brain for a very long time and I hope she can come round to use it again at some point.

If it's not Jaina, then I'll go with the theory that it's Azeroth itself. That heart is literally a crater and if the worldsoul is indeed being corrupted (which it wasn't when the Titans arrived, even though the planet's surface was completely in the Old Gods' hands) then it's a crater they have filled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowblazr View Post
    You could argue Azeroth is shattered after the sundering, or after the cataclysm. I just feel like The Old Gods wouldn't care too much about corrupting Jaina to the point where they would be whispering about it. Could be wrong, but I just don't think Jaina would mean that much to them.
    Jaina is one of the most important characters of warcraft's modern era.
    She historically was pretty peaceful (even with all the shit happening to her).
    With varian and Tirion dead (or at best vanished), she is the last historical and important figure of the Alliance.

Bring her down, and I'm pretty sure the Alliance would fall.

Even if she's anfry with Kadghar's choice, she also is an eminent member of the Kirin Tor and one of the most powerfull mages on Azeroth. She really looks like a suitable target for the Old gods, imo.

Jaina is one of the most important characters of warcraft's modern era.
    She historically was pretty peaceful (even with all the shit happening to her).
    With varian and Tirion dead (or at best vanished), she is the last historical and important figure of the Alliance.

Bring her down, and I'm pretty sure the Alliance would fall.

Even if she's anfry with Kadghar's choice, she also is an eminent member of the Kirin Tor and one of the most powerfull mages on Azeroth. She really looks like a suitable target for the Old gods, imo.
    Last historical and important figure? I guess Tyrande and Malfurion are pointless now (although you could technically call Malfurion neutral maybe)? Magni back from the dead essentially as well, Genn Greymane who has plenty of lore behind him. Nevermind Bolvar sitting on the Frozen Throne right now, Velen who is literally thousands of years older than the oldest people on Azeroth (and who has recently gotten more lore as well) and has extensive knowledge of the Legion, since his own race was corrupted by it.

There are plenty of characters for the Alliance to fall back on, but I do agree that she's an easy target for corruption because of her more recent history.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if actually Malfurion is refered as Lord Of Ravens? it is possible but doubtfull as well.

Whispers of Il'gynoth <The Heart of Corruption> [spoilers/speculation]

I copy/pasted these whispers from wow.gamepedia.com

Intro

Your coming was foretold in the rings. The long circle is nearly complete.
    Come, little ones, savor your fear as we feast upon it!

Random

Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator.
    To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.
    The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
    Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
    At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

Aggro

At last, the feeding hour.

Player low health

Welcome death. Do not fight it.
    Release your grip on hope.
    Oblivion offers solace. Take the gift! Take it!

Player death

Your light sputters out...
    You have failed those who needed you.

Attacking Heart

Aaarg! Every blow struck at our heart will be repaid a thousand-fold!

Completing Dark Reconstitution

Out! Out! You are not yet worthy!

Heart low health

Still you fight? Still you refuse the gift?

Death

N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha...

what it might mean in these phrases?

Your coming was foretold in the rings. The long circle is nearly complete. << what rings? circle might be meaning that Old gods might get free. we know that last Old God, N'zoth is getting free. shadow priest's dagger mentions it as well

Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator. << this one is clear. it is talking about Curse of Flesh amde by old gods

To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars. << what stars? can it have something common with Elisande/night elves/nightborne etc? or maybe to Celestials, creations of titans, like Algalon. or something else at all
    The king of diamonds has been made a pawn. << it must be Magni. he is called Diamond King and he speaks for Azeroth, but there was also speculation, that he might be under old gods, aka N'Zoth's influence and he simply thinks Azeroth is giving orders to him, while Nzoth is behind all
    The lord of ravens will turn the key. <<< who is lord of ravens? 1 is Anzu, but he is dead in main timeline and alive in alternate universe past, and still he is from Draenor, not from aZeroth, also can Lord of Ravens mean Medivh's spirit or Khadgar? Raven is symbol of Guardian
    The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you. << only boy-king is Anduin, but what kind of servitude is he speaking? and what three lies might Anduin tell us, if he is mentioned? another boy-king might be Dagran III thaurissan, son of late Emperor of Dark irons and Moira Bronzebeard. but he is pre-teen and he isnot king yet
    Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it. <<< maybe Azeroth? we know azeroth is last titan and is female
    Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path. <<< pillars of creation? there are five pillars and we need them to seal tomb of sargeras' portal, what if their power will change something adn open prison of Nzoth? (similar plot was used in StarCraft, where Terran forces use Zel'naga artifact to clean Kerrigan, queen of blades from Zerg infestation, and her powers secretly are stored by zerg-protoss hybrid adn used later to revive Amon, a fallen Xel'naga, aka Old god of starcraft unvierse)
    At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming. - what is third death? who dies third time?
    maybe it's still about Azeroth, she-titan? 1st death might be first cataclysm, during war of the ancients, where megacontinent Kalimdor was shattered to pieces, 2nd death might mean Shattering when Deathwing changed and destroyed parts of the world, adn what if using 5 pilalrs we might make 3rd shattering/cataclysm?
    we know, that Old gods wanted those cataclysms, as they are/were imprisoned in the azeroth, adn by shatterings, they prisons became weaker adn they want to escape

N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha... << my'alotha seems to be place where n'zoth is imprisoned, what in it's not just a place, but soem kind of realm, like Elemental Plane and Emerald dream, which coexist and are part of aZeroth, but also exist paralelly

7+ Year Old Account

Formerly known as Arafal