Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Took AK lvl 4 and got feral screech immidiately at Duskwood. Stone was 48,84 38,78.
    I'm a Boomkin, my loot spec was on Boomkin too.

4th day eligible for a screech, and got my 4th in a row. Hinterlands again, went through, hit stone, tried dreamwalking back to the Emerald Dreamway as others have suggested or asked about. The buff is only 20 seconds and the port is 10 second cast plus the load screen, I had 5 seconds remaining when I got back. Didn't notice anything different.

My "touched the stone" flag is true for Hinterlands only, and not Feralas and Duskwood (which I was called to and touched yesterday and the day before).

There's got to be something else to it other than just touching the stones.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateNipple View Post
    4th day eligible for a screech, and got my 4th in a row. Hinterlands again, went through, hit stone, tried dreamwalking back to the Emerald Dreamway as others have suggested or asked about. The buff is only 20 seconds and the port is 10 second cast plus the load screen, I had 5 seconds remaining when I got back. Didn't notice anything different.

My "touched the stone" flag is true for Hinterlands only, and not Feralas and Duskwood (which I was called to and touched yesterday and the day before).

Agreed. Got my first screech, duskwood, hit the stone, and the same story as everyone else.

Maybe you need to drink one of these invis potions before you interact with the stone? You're hunting a spirit afterall..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Maybe you need to drink one of these invis potions before you interact with the stone? You're hunting a spirit afterall..
    I wonder if the stones can be interacted with while dead. Anyone able to test it next time they find a stone?

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I wonder if the stones can be interacted with while dead. Anyone able to test it next time they find a stone?
    Can try tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's something to do with the buff you get. An emote you have to do, item you have to use, or ability or some such..

Quote Originally Posted by PirateNipple View Post

Perhaps you have to dash your way back to the portal instead of porting out.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post

You can not, I tried it with my Hinterlands one today. I was going to try the legion invis pot, but I tried using it first and it brought me out of my invis, and in waiting for the CD the stone despawned.

My current 2 ideas are the invis pot, and maybe interacting with it with the Fangs of Ashamane buff?

Deleted
    Has anybody checked if there was an item to loot behind you after clicking the stone (a feather would be my guess)? I got the hinterlands screech on my first TP after getting AK4, found the stone and didn't think about that on the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimiks View Post
    Has anybody checked if there was an item to loot behind you after clicking the stone (a feather would be my guess)? I got the hinterlands screech on my first TP after getting AK4, found the stone and didn't think about that on the moment.
    I was thinking about this exact same thing an hour or two after I clicked my second stone. I will make sure to check next time when I get a new screech.

Also, if anyone get's a 4th screech, let me/us know. I'm curious to see if it's limited to just once each for the 3 areas.

Found the stone again, got the fangs buff and used a Skagglydrynk right after clicking the stone. Didn't see anything, and there wasn't any lootable item left behind. Next time I'm going to try dying with the buff on maybe?

Got my first screech today (Feralas) right after finishing Illidan's Black Rook Hold scenario. Not sure if it was a coincidence. Is it possible that the screeches are tied to your progress? Maybe there's a screech for every portal in there, and we won't be able to access them all until 7.1 or something.

Found it at an unlisted Duskwood coordinate: (51,41)

Just got my first screech and found stone today, after porting out of a mythic 2 dungeon. Upon finding stone there were no items nearby nor did i see anything in cat form. btw i received my screech while in resto spec.

So got my first screech today as well, while in boomkin spec and loot spec set to resto. AK lvl4, and while my resto staff is 20 my scythe is only 14. It was for Duskwood, and found the stone nearby the portal. I haven't seen anyone else post this, but I got a second message besides the screech;

"You hear something dart away behind you.... And then just silence."

Has anyone else gotten this? I wish I had been paying attention to exactly WHEN I got that message, but it was after the stone, which I think was labeled 'moonfeather stone'? I had clicked the stone at 43:41, and while I was going to try my boomkin toy it still had another 5 hours on CD, so instead I went into cat form and ran directly over to 43:37, because it's a shiny little gazeebo that I don't know what it's purpose is for.

I tried running around the area, but the buff had gone.

So here's one of my theories; You don't have to actually get all of the screeches and the stones, it's just random. Which would explain why people who had a 'true' flag when using /dump had it changed to 'false' after awhile. I think instead you're supposed to FIND the spawn / mob within the time limit of the buff.

Thoughts? And am I crazy and everyone's gotten that message and I just didn't notice / read about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    So got my first screech today as well, while in boomkin spec and loot spec set to resto. AK lvl4, and while my resto staff is 20 my scythe is only 14. It was for Duskwood, and found the stone nearby the portal. I haven't seen anyone else post this, but I got a second message besides the screech;

"You hear something dart away behind you.... And then just silence."

Has anyone else gotten this? I wish I had been paying attention to exactly WHEN I got that message, but it was after the stone, which I think was labeled 'moonfeather stone'? I had clicked the stone at 43:41, and while I was going to try my boomkin toy it still had another 5 hours on CD, so instead I went into cat form and ran directly over to 43:37, because it's a shiny little gazeebo that I don't know what it's purpose is for.

I tried running around the area, but the buff had gone.

So here's one of my theories; You don't have to actually get all of the screeches and the stones, it's just random. Which would explain why people who had a 'true' flag when using /dump had it changed to 'false' after awhile. I think instead you're supposed to FIND the spawn / mob within the time limit of the buff.

Thoughts? And am I crazy and everyone's gotten that message and I just didn't notice / read about it?
    Pretty much everyone has gotten this, it's in the thread I'm rather sure. Was seen in the beta too, what we need to figure out now is what's the next step. To my knowledge even on the beta, no one has actually gained the skin yet, there's another step or thing we have to do that's completely unknown. Hoping if too much time passes Blizzard will throw us a bone of a clue.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the quests is that they are marked as Daily. None of them actually track anything and reset each day. Either something hidden is tracking the progress or maybe it's something we have to do on a single day to get all three stones active. 2 days so far I have had no screeches with a true, and 3 screeches from Duskwood twice and feralas once. I want to try using a Skaggldrynk tomorrow if I do get a screech, maybe see if anything pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Pretty much everyone has gotten this, it's in the thread I'm rather sure. Was seen in the beta too, what we need to figure out now is what's the next step. To my knowledge even on the beta, no one has actually gained the skin yet, there's another step or thing we have to do that's completely unknown. Hoping if too much time passes Blizzard will throw us a bone of a clue.
    Okay cool, yea hadn't seen anyone mention it. Didn't follow anything in beta, so I've just been gathering info since launch.

I'm also curious as to why these screeches also start while boomy / resto though. Since I didn't read anything from beta, are we positive this is for the actual feral skin? I realize it does say a 'feral' screech, just don't understand why it's not showing just for ferals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay cool, yea hadn't seen anyone mention it. Didn't follow anything in beta, so I've just been gathering info since launch.

I'm also curious as to why these screeches also start while boomy / resto though. Since I didn't read anything from beta, are we positive this is for the actual feral skin? I realize it does say a 'feral' screech, just don't understand why it's not showing just for ferals.
    You can get the appearance for any spec of a character, you don't need to be that spec to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdkphoenix View Post
    You can get the appearance for any spec of a character, you don't need to be that spec to get it.
    Some correction: You can get the appearance WITH any spec of a character. You don't get owl cat for anything but Feral to use, but you can attain it from any spec.