Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinjikage View Post
    You take damage, you gain rage, you take a lot of damage, you gain more rage. The extra rage helps bridge the gap to your next SB, IP, FR. It’s hard for me to take you seriously if you can’t see that. Math is there, rage is there. If you don’t like it, too bad you are still getting that rage.
    But you also have to keep in mind that the rage we gain from damage taken ALONE is not enough to give us a 100% uptime. You also have to consider the amound of rage we generated to the amound of damage we take. The closer the gap between aktiv generated rage (shield slam, revenge, ...) and passiv generated rage (damage taken) is, the stronger we are with IP. When the damage income is so low, that you generate a high amound of your rage aktiv (shield slam, revenge, ...), you have a lot of "extra" rage for IP to absorb the almost non existing incoming damage. When we run into a hard hitting boss, we generate more rage from damage taken. But the overall amound (aktiv+passiv) of rage we generate to the amound of damage we take is lower, because the amound of aktiv generated rage is not as impactful in a high damage situation as it is in a low damage situation. That where IP starts to fall off and % based dr active mitigations will start to shine.

Thats why i made to comparison with the DK, because they are in the same boat with their death strike / blood shield combo. They are almost immortal, when the incoming damage is so low, that the stay in range of their min. death strike heal. But its a other story in high damage content.
    Last edited by mmoc952dfd0a13; 2016-09-17 at 04:25 PM.

Deleted
    Do you remember when I first made this thread?

BLIZZARD HAS HEARD OUR VOICES! IGNORE PAIN IS GETTING A NERF ! GRATZ !

Now all warriors can be happy as they are class will no longer be broken !

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post

Where are you reading this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peukst View Post
    Where are you reading this ?
    Same question

also I tanked last night with a warrior

He took more damage but absorbed 85% of it

it was hilarious

The troll is real.

Literally was just on front page in the blue tracker you blind tards.

And it said nerfs were expected, not confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by simperial View Post
    The troll is real.
    Was looking at his posts. Most of them are QQ about the guardian nerf. I think someone is mad about not playing the best tank class anymore XD

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Answer: Buff other classes, don't nerf Warriors. /thread

Was looking at his posts. Most of them are QQ about the guardian nerf. I think someone is mad about not playing the best tank class anymore XD
    It says nothing about a ignore pain nerf...
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...ore-mechanics/

You guys don't even attempt to look ffs.

Deleted
    The nerf is 100% guaranteed. Honestly 35% nerf will be enough. So instead of 1 million hp shield it should be 650k shield.

The nerf is 100% guaranteed. Honestly 35% nerf will be enough. So instead of 1 million hp shield it should be 650k shield.
    your sense of balance and lack of understanding a multitude of tanks is showing, If the nerf is more then say 20% it would probably make the class near useless. Assuming they aren't granted some rage generation to compensate.

edit: most people's exp with prot warriors is in content where the tank over gears what they are tanking, so yeah abosrbs are gonna look mighty broken. Play a prot warrior on heroic bosses or mythic +7-10 and see how fast those shield disappear. Warrior mitigation outside of IP is not good, SB is a relatively weak AM compared to SotR or ironfur. Ignore pain not being able to sustain a single hit from a boss and requiring 45 rage to cast a full strength new one would make warriors crazy spikey.

Edit x2: I'm not saying prot warriors don't need some tuning, they are pretty clearly the best tank for high end content right now which is where balancing matters, but screaming out for nerfs like 35%+ is really just showing how uninformed most people are about how they work. Seeing a prot warrior high on healing (not saying they should top it like i did on H xavius) isn't a problem, almost all their mitigation is in that absorb. If Sotr dmg mit showed as healing or ironfur or demon spikes did you would see them doing crazy healing as well.
    Last edited by Elbob; 2016-09-23 at 11:28 PM.

I'm mostly playing healer, and I can see why people perceive IP as completely OP: the tank barely drops. The completely opposite to that is the DH tank. As the new binary hp bar tank it looks like they get totally wrecked all the time. But once the healer dies you'll see that they don't need external healing, either.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Answer: Buff other classes, don't nerf Warriors. /thread
    This guy knows what's up

Meh... inc nerf won't really bother me, I love playing prot warrior and legion had given me an excuse to play it again since late MoP

So much for
    1. "Don't worry, DKs and DHs can take more damage because they heal more"
    and
    2. "Don't worry, Ignore Pain is only good on content you overgear"

EDIT: Blue post here:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...ore-mechanics/

This is ridiculous, we got a disc priest 2.0 levels of imbalance because absorbs > heals and the self healing tanks (DK / DH) take massively more damage.

From that thread:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...en&options=128

That's a log that shows how much more DH tank takes damage over the Warrior. The Warrior drowns somewhere at the bottom of the sea of random dps while DH keeps rocking that "damage taken" meters.

P.S. My personal opinion is they should buff survivability of Monks / DKs and maybe DHs. Nerf ignore pain. Buff (or unnerf) damage of Warrior, Monk and maybe Druid tank. I can understand slight advantages in survivability on some tank while another has less survivability but more dps. But it shouldn't be in colossal ranges.

Atm every group going mythic+ says "let's get a warrior tank". No one cares they do less dps as long as they're miles easier to heal, allowing for bigger pulls and more comfort clearing.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-09-24 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That's a log that shows how much more DH tank takes damage over the Warrior. The Warrior drowns somewhere at the bottom of the sea of random dps while DH keeps rocking that "damage taken" meters.
    That damage is the 10% that gets past the IP absorb shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    That damage is the 10% that gets past the IP absorb shield.
    So you're just saying their mitigation is 100% up and the shield never gets eaten? (It absorbs 90% so 10% is supposed to pass through.)

Does a monk have 100% uptime on ironskin brew? Don't think so.
    Does a paladin have 100% uptime on shield of the righteous buff? Nope.
    Does a death knight have 100% uptime on blood shield? Nah, they're depleted in no time.

Not sure even if demon hunter can have 100% uptime on demon spikes, would require a lot of haste.

Deleted
    So you're just saying their mitigation is 100% up and the shield never gets eaten?
    No. Also, if you look at the damage numbers you linked in that warcraftlogs, the DH took 55.76M damage, while the warrior let 9.65M through the absorbs. If they were dealt roughly the same amount of damage, then the warrior took 17.3% of the DHs damage, which is more than the 10% that IP lets through, suggesting IP wasn't up 100%. I'm assuming you were trying to say that they were both being dealt the same amount of damage, because why else post that log.

You have to understand that the heals that the warrior tank didn't need thanks to the IP absorbs were able to be spent elsewhere. You start nerfing IP to the point at which it no longer functions like it should, and warriors start drastically losing the only mechanic that makes them useful.

I mean, sure, if you're losing a tanking spot to a warrior because you play some other class because of this, then of course you have a personal motivation to see the protection spec completely ruined and destroyed. I understand that. I just don't think that's helpful to your raid.

So you're just saying their mitigation is 100% up and the shield never gets eaten? (It absorbs 90% so 10% is supposed to pass through.)

Does a monk have 100% uptime on ironskin brew? Don't think so.
    Does a paladin have 100% uptime on shield of the righteous buff? Nope.
    Does a death knight have 100% uptime on blood shield? Nah, they're depleted in no time.

Not sure even if demon hunter can have 100% uptime on demon spikes, would require a lot of haste.
    Does a warrior have a 100% shield block uptime ? don't think so.

You people comparing IP to other tanks %DR mitigation are starting to tire me.