Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dps was...alright. Single target was very middle of the pack, which was at least more consistent than some specs that were either top or bottom based on their procs. Overall it felt very mediocre though. Take first boss for instance though: 10% of damage from greater blessing (something I can't control), 16% from potions. Because I got rot during wings, I actually had higher burst spikes during the retribution passive buffs when two people died. I just feel like there is no damage reward for any of the rotational choices, other than making sure I was at 0 holy power when ashes was off cd. AOE I found to be fine but very very clunky.

I don't want to be one of those gloomy people talking about rerolling to enhance or something, but the playstyle in raids itself was considerably less enjoyable and dynamic than it has been.

I feel sorry for you guys . Those of you ending up in top 5 in your respective guilds have some horrible mages rogues hunters and arms warriors !

People dying is good for us. so the higher difficulty, the better we should do (Retribution, Muhahahahaha!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyvixen View Post
    I got as much and we were 2/3 of the fight before wiping. Its very strong. Ive been able to get high number with Grace Potion as well, but more like 7m over the fight, not 10m +.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanbane View Post
    Dps was...alright. Single target was very middle of the pack, which was at least more consistent than some specs that were either top or bottom based on their procs. Overall it felt very mediocre though. Take first boss for instance though: 10% of damage from greater blessing (something I can't control), 16% from potions. Because I got rot during wings, I actually had higher burst spikes during the retribution passive buffs when two people died. I just feel like there is no damage reward for any of the rotational choices, other than making sure I was at 0 holy power when ashes was off cd. AOE I found to be fine but very very clunky.

I don't want to be one of those gloomy people talking about rerolling to enhance or something, but the playstyle in raids itself was considerably less enjoyable and dynamic than it has been.
    True that.

And to some on the first pages of the thread.

Warlocks. My personal honest opinion is this.

Once the balance patch hits before the mythics open, they will be more than viable. Because they've never been in such a horrible place ever. It's like the time when they once had mages in a ditch IIRC, and then rescued them out of it, mere moments later.

The output itself on rets though, is funny enough, okay-ish. There are a lot of people who are also skewing the view on the class because they don't know how to play it. Keep that in mind by the way.

Deleted
    I still dont get how can people see all the data and come to conclusion that rets are fine?
    11th of 12 classes, only warlocks behind and they are getting plenty of attention from blizz, so wont be long. Every single good log from ret is carried by either retribution, 2p T18 bonus or both... and funny enough, those are still getting beaten by warr, mage, dh, rogue etc and dont end up first.

There is one ret on all star team @ warcraftlogs... i checked him out, on fights where he got 100 etc, he had fights with 40% uptime on retribution and 55% uptime on crusade (due to 3 charges from t18 2 piece set bonus) and still ended up behind some rogue who just played his class. On avg uptime on retribution was over 20% and uptime on crusade around 50%. And still he was even lower than 5th on some fights.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/9352262/10/#

Have in mind... we are not balanced around retribution, that ability is there for class fantasy reasons, and even with such huge uptimes on it, we are NOT dominating every log. Even with abusing set bonuses that shouldnt be working, we are still not coming up ahead of everything? One thing that shouldnt be working and one thing that we are not balanced with... and even with abusing both, we are getting beaten by numerous classes that just play without anything like that???? Means ret are in terrible situation when you dont get a situation that works for you perfectly, and when you do, you just end up being competitive...

Yes, fine... l2p issue i guess. All you have to do is not die while everyone else does, abuse old set that shouldnt be working... and then you wont be at the bottom... but still not better than some classes!
    Praise the void lords, ret is fine!
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2016-09-23 at 10:06 AM.

Yea, tonight when we finished normal and did 2 bosses on heroic - I learned just how good the Potion of the old war is haha thanks to that potion being OP AF I was able to compete with others

but I have a feeling it will get nerfed because a potion doing 30% of your damage seems too good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondivine View Post
    Yea, tonight when we finished normal and did 2 bosses on heroic - I learned just how good the Potion of the old war is haha thanks to that potion being OP AF I was able to compete with others

but I have a feeling it will get nerfed because a potion doing 30% of your damage seems too good.
    It currently does that much dmg just wait for the hear to get better. You will see that the percentage will do down rapidly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    I still dont get how can people see all the data and come to conclusion that rets are fine?
    11th of 12 classes, only warlocks behind and they are getting plenty of attention from blizz, so wont be long. Every single good log from ret is carried by either retribution, 2p T18 bonus or both... and funny enough, those are still getting beaten by warr, mage, dh, rogue etc and dont end up first.

There is one ret on all star team @ warcraftlogs... i checked him out, on fights where he got 100 etc, he had fights with 40% uptime on retribution and 55% uptime on crusade (due to 3 charges from t18 2 piece set bonus) and still ended up behind some rogue who just played his class. On avg uptime on retribution was over 20% and uptime on crusade around 50%. And still he was even lower than 5th on some fights.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/9352262/10/#

Have in mind... we are not balanced around retribution, that ability is there for class fantasy reasons, and even with such huge uptimes on it, we are NOT dominating every log. Even with abusing set bonuses that shouldnt be working, we are still not coming up ahead of everything? One thing that shouldnt be working and one thing that we are not balanced with... and even with abusing both, we are getting beaten by numerous classes that just play without anything like that???? Means ret are in terrible situation when you dont get a situation that works for you perfectly, and when you do, you just end up being competitive...

Yes, fine... l2p issue i guess. All you have to do is not die while everyone else does, abuse old set that shouldnt be working... and then you wont be at the bottom... but still not better than some classes!
    Praise the void lords, ret is fine!
    Well the answer is easy and complicated at the same time.
    Easy part is they only dps rankings with somewhere in the middle and they also see that certain rets pulled some pretty good numbers on progress bosses.
    The complicated part is why do we look good/ok. Since it requires more effort to answer this question than just looking for the pink bar on the simcraft page or the ranking pages on World of logs.
    You already pointed out the issues but that won´t change the mind of all those Trump, UKIP and AFD voters who all just look for an easy answer.

Finished heroic last night as ret, while i was not top for most part (I was on cenarius, which has quite some movement involved :O ) i certainly did not feel lacking in any way, the spec felt amazing to tackle most of the tasks at hand, bursting down ichors or spiders, punishing the drake on cenarius, or just slamming the boss. Bubble/loh and other utility saw quite a bit of use too, i pretty much tanked 9%-3% on xavius heroic when our tanks had died, Sov/bubble gave us way smoother kill than deserved. even on heavy movement fights like elrente i did nowhere near as bad dmg as ppl claim ret to do, that is after having to run out for 2 green pools and switching platforms. I honestly can say from my own experiance, that while ret definitely is not, and likely wont ever be FotM, its doing great. There, a bold word, great.

In this thread:

1. people with 20%+ retribution uptime saying rets damage is fine

2. guilds with terrible rogues, arms warriors, mages, and hunters
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2016-09-23 at 03:11 PM.

I was top 3 dps most fights, we cleared normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I was top 3 dps most fights, we cleared normal.
    You were top 3 in Il'gynoth and Cenarius?! I'd like to see that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    In this thread:

1. people with 20%+ retribution uptime saying rets damage is fine

2. guilds with terrible rogues, arms warriors, mages, and hunters
    Completely this.

Also trying to make it pass like its them that are really good at playing the class and others are just bad. It's a good joke.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-09-23 at 07:14 PM.

The trick is to play in a raid group with a few terrible players who stand in all the wrong places. Reliable Retribution damage bonus for the win.

Praise the Light for bad players.
    Last edited by Fatali; 2016-09-23 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked over logs and saw that on Nythendra and Ursoc I had about a 20% and 30% uptime on Retribution respectively. On said logs I was really up there in damage. My uptime on Retribution for dragons and elerethe? 6% or so, was about 5th or 6th on each.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2016-09-23 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    lol atleast there are a couple of rets in good positions on damage meters.

Now imagine you were a pure dps class. A class with 3 dps speccs. A class that can't heal nor tank. A class that only can do dps.
    Now imagine you would suck balls worse than other classes. Imagine you are in the bottom third of each damage meter in a raid.
    Imagine blizzard saying they want to wait for damage balancing.
    Now imagine you even get nerfed with 7.1

Now welcome to the hell that Warlocks are in.

STFU with the pure has to do more DPS then hybrid BS. If thats what you want, then pure DPS classes need to lose all healing and and survivibility abilites and relie soley on healers. If you want pure DPS to always do more DPS than pure's need to start dying allot more in raids if they stand in fire. It needs to be that survivibility has to be a reason to not bring a class.

ALSO Blizz has changed the entire game to "Bring the player not the class", so STFU about pure vs hybrid dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    STFU with the pure has to do more DPS then hybrid BS. If thats what you want, then pure DPS classes need to lose all healing and and survivibility abilites and relie soley on healers. If you want pure DPS to always do more DPS than pure's need to start dying allot more in raids if they stand in fire. It needs to be that survivibility has to be a reason to not bring a class.

ALSO Blizz has changed the entire game to "Bring the player not the class", so STFU about pure vs hybrid dps.
    fuck off. I am one of the biggest supporters of all DDs doing the same amount of damage. I want RET, Elemental, Feral etc. do the same as mages, rogues or hunters.
    Damage should be damage.
    Blizzard botches 3 warlock damage speccs, that is all I am saying with my post.

Let's be civil you feth-wits.

Deleted
    Theres a lot of variables that are totally out of whack for a lot of classes though.

Artifact levels / gold traits aquired for certain classes can be huge differences.

Then you have not just obtaining legendaries but getting good ones.

Personally i grinded out to AtA and Echo to make sure i had them for raiding. I also got extremely lucky in getting the cloak legendary. That buff is a larger buff to TV than the judgement debuff for me...

With all that... i was competitive, i cant imagine what its like for people without that sort of luck.

Surely though there's gona be huge differences until people get full artifacts, and get the legendaries they need etc. Then we have set bonuses to come after that, what did they balance for in the first place?

speaking of Artifact, do you think it'll be possible to unlock all the traits for at least 1 specialization without completely neglecting the other two before the end of expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    speaking of Artifact, do you think it'll be possible to unlock all the traits for at least 1 specialization without completely neglecting the other two before the end of expansion?
    If you grind like a crazy motherfucker after you get rank 25 AK, you can max all 3 of your weapons before Nighthold comes out. Assuming Nighthold comes out late January. Might take you a few extra weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    If you grind like a crazy motherfucker after you get rank 25 AK, you can max all 3 of your weapons before Nighthold comes out. Assuming Nighthold comes out late January. Might take you a few extra weeks.
    wowhead says it's:
    All primary Traits + Maxed Bonus Trait: 65,256,330 Artifact Power
    for one weapon.

Feth me backwards .