Deleted

Best classes for gathering?

I'm trying to figure out the profession combinations for my alts. I want one alt for mining and one for herbing. Which classes would be best for that, in your opinion? For now and in the future when flying is available.

There's the Sky Golem, so druid doesn't have such an edge anymore. With the new enchants, it's also no longer restricted to tauren for herb speed.

I think paladin and DK both move faster on a mount, which is nice. And rogue has vanish, which also helps with gathering. Rogue also has sap, which works on nearly everything. Night elf DK would be even better, with their Shadowmeld, but unfortunately, I'm horde. I'm thinking rogue will be the winner on high level content and DK/Paladin on low level. What do you think?

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. For outdoor stuff the faster mount speed might be better but a lot of mining happens in caves. A class with stealth or a combat drop might be better for that (run through the cave aggroing everything and then feign death in front of the node.)

faster mount speed can be achieve via blacksmithing items as well as gathering/ interacting with objects without dismounting,
    warrior in general rocks, either go arms for second wind or prot for never getting dazed, heroic leap just has a metric fuckton of applications (jump on hill to avoid long climb up, jump down from highmountain to suramar etc etc).

nightelf for dropping combat rocks too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Hm. For outdoor stuff the faster mount speed might be better but a lot of mining happens in caves. A class with stealth or a combat drop might be better for that (run through the cave aggroing everything and then feign death in front of the node.)
    Fair point! Mining on rogue starts making more and more sense. Same with the profession items. Perhaps I should get mining on the rogue then. DK or pala for herbs, though?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    DKs can mount on water just by casting path of frost and don't need to remount after being chased by a mob 10 minutes before

But shammies with rehgar bodyguard seems to be the shit this expansion

For herbing, I love having a druid tank for daze immunity with moonkin affinity for flap levitating to get around more quickly/safely, on a Sky Golem to herb while mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    Fair point! Mining on rogue starts making more and more sense. Same with the profession items. Perhaps I should get mining on the rogue then. DK or pala for herbs, though?
    Outlaw Rogue also can get Grappling Hook, which is great for changing elevations pre-flying

I'll also add hunter with feign death, and you can survive cliff jumps by Disengaging right before you hit the bottom.

I'm a hunter and mining is pretty neat. I just run in suramar caves, mine the node and feign death to get the mobs off. Feign death is just so useful for getting out of combat and getting on your mount.

rogue/druid

slightly advantage for rogue on ground mounts... he can vanish to get out of combat and whn mining on caves, just go stealth then sap mobs closer to node, almost no fight at all

when flight come, druid have big advantage on herb over rogue, since he can grab herb without dismounting (if u using its flight form)

Shaman with bodyguard. Mount speed without cast time on EVERYWHERE including caves, indoors etc

its like druids without flight form
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-09-23 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    Druid is worst because you cannot mine in any other than your human-form (if attacked you have double effort than any other class)

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman.
    Rhaegar gives 100% mount speed for ghost wolf form, and you can harvest without shifting out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the profession combinations for my alts. I want one alt for mining and one for herbing. Which classes would be best for that, in your opinion? For now and in the future when flying is available.

There's the Sky Golem, so druid doesn't have such an edge anymore. With the new enchants, it's also no longer restricted to tauren for herb speed.

I think paladin and DK both move faster on a mount, which is nice. And rogue has vanish, which also helps with gathering. Rogue also has sap, which works on nearly everything. Night elf DK would be even better, with their Shadowmeld, but unfortunately, I'm horde. I'm thinking rogue will be the winner on high level content and DK/Paladin on low level. What do you think?
    im using mining and herb in the same char, mainly cuz i dont want to swap just to gather other things, using a DH to that, the double jump, the tank skill infernal strike to go to high ground and the glide are quite awesome, plus being tank allows me to go whenever i want without worrying to much bout aggro

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Shaman.
    Rhaegar gives 100% mount speed for ghost wolf form, and you can harvest without shifting out.
    Can't mine like that though. Mining cancels ghost wolf. It's a single button to shift back but you don't get the bonus speed from the bodyguard if you shift while in combat.

If you shift out and shift back you will still keep you 100% speed even if you get in combat, as long as u did not take any damage

Night Elf feral. Prowl, shadowmeld, charge/blink + high movemnt speed both indoor and outdoor

hunter imo, pet can tank while you gather and feign death.

But with the leatherworking item, glove enchants and sky golem any class can do herbalism very well.
    For mining hunter is still best i guess.