Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    All for one faction, maybe-- you're exalted with all of them?

And even for just one faction, an hour seems really fast.
    ??? Each world quest takes like...1-3 minutes to do. There's what, 30-40 of them on the entire continent at any given time? It's about an hours work to clear the list, then 5 hours to repopulate it, and even then it's not full again. Only a couple pop up in each zone every 6 hours once you've emptied the list.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    ??? Each world quest takes like...1-3 minutes to do.
    That is simply not true. Even with the quests to kill a single elite, it takes a couple minutes to travel there. I'm left waiting on my flight master whistle's cooldown maybe 1 every 5 quests, so most are longer than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Alrighty... first off, let it be known that I am a rep grinder. I had 70-something reps at Exalted before Legion arrived. I have been grinding reps since the game began. The longest rep grind I documented was Wintersaber Trainers in 2005, which took me 238 hours of playtime to complete.

Now that the dust has settled on Legion, and all my zone questing is complete (except for the last few Suramar quest lines that are gated)... I am down to the only available way to gain reputation being world quests and random heroic queues. And I'm finding it to be VERY slow.

I spend a few hours each day fully clearing the map of world quests. Every single quest. Most award something like 75 reputation, and there seem to generally be 3-4 world quests per reputation type (except for Kirin Tor). In fact I can only think of one exception that rewards a significant amount of rep, and that's the Nightfallen training scenario. So the scenario notwithstanding, I'm pulling in maybe 300 rep per day, per faction (less on average for Kirin Tor since it rarely pops a quest for me).

I spent about 6 days getting to 110, as I had a busy personal life that week and I wanted to read everything as I went. Since then I've cleared the entire continent of world quests every single day. Kirin Tor has popped up one time for me as emissary, so I got one rep bonus item from that.

I've never seen any of the rep "insignias" drop from a chest. (In fact I have never gotten anything but gold or guild resources from emissary chests, so I think I'm just unlucky considering the number of people who are running around on fox mounts. ;P Also, someone else in my household who plays got a legendary from an emissary chest.)

I do a random heroic every day for the rewards and the 250 rep.

Anyway - let's assume I'm getting an average of 350 rep per day per faction, spending 2.5-3 hours per day to do that depending on what/where the quests are (some are fast to complete, some are slow due to poor design or spawn rate or bugs, or you waste 10 minutes trying to find it the first time you do it because so many of the map markers are wrong).

Doing the math, at 3 hours per day to clear the entire Broken Isles map and knock out a random heroic, 350 rep per faction times 6 factions = about 2100 rep gained per day. The amount of rep gain needed to get all six reps from Revered to Exalted, alone, is 21000 x 6 = 1,260,000 faction points.

1,260,000 faction points divided by the roughly 2100 rep I get each day clearing the map and running 1 heroic = 60 days to completely get everything to exalted. At 3 hours per day, that's 180 hours *just from Revered to Exalted*, and I don't have any faction at Revered yet, and probably won't until sometime next week.

Most of the questing got you to friendly or slightly into Honored, so you really are looking at at minimum 200 hours played time to get these factions leveled. Now, yes, it's better than old school Wintersaber in that it's six factions in 200+ hours, instead of a single one.

But don't let anyone tell you this is not a grind. It's a grind, just metered out in daily doses so you can't join a farm group for 8 hours at a time.
    Less grindy means you can do things you don't hate to get the rep. Farming endless mobs with no loot is grindy. Doing a daily/world quest is not-grindy.

this grind isnt as bad as you say it is. you will get exalted with most well before 60 days is up. Im 20k/21k with nightfallen and ive watched quests disappear while at work on the app friend of mine got exalted with nightfallen/highmountiain/stormheim the other day. it isnt as bad as you say. if its taking you that long to do wq's, get a group! speeds things up tremendously. even just one other person is huge. quests like looting stuff off the ground and killing something go twice as fast, one person gets stuff off ground, other kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That is simply not true. Even with the quests to kill a single elite, it takes a couple minutes to travel there. I'm left waiting on my flight master whistle's cooldown maybe 1 every 5 quests, so most are longer than 5 minutes.
    There are almost zero world quests that take over 30 seconds to reach from any given flight point. You're doing something very inefficiently.

That also is simply not true. Most are within a minute or two run, but the flight itself takes another couple minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    get insane in the membrane title thats a grind when mobs for most of the reps give like 2 rep and then u have to farm lockboxes on a rogue from revered to exalted, if you dnt have that achievement like i do you cant complain about rep grinds
    As someone with all pre-Legion factions in game at full (999) exalted (EXCEPT for WSG at revered) I personally prefer those, while more repetetive and grindy in nature, they're actually faster as you can do as much as you want. Put on a good trilogy and grind for a full day, you'll have a ton of rep, its really up to you.

Locked to dailies are slower,.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    There are almost zero world quests that take over 30 seconds to reach from any given flight point. You're doing something very inefficiently.
    So you have a hidden teleport cheat that brings you directly from quest objective to quest objective?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    As someone with all pre-Legion factions in game at full (999) exalted (EXCEPT for WSG at revered) I personally prefer those, while more repetetive and grindy in nature, they're actually faster as you can do as much as you want. Put on a good trilogy and grind for a full day, you'll have a ton of rep, its really up to you.

Locked to dailies are slower,.
    I don't mind slower progression if time invested in questing is in a good relation to the amount of reputation gained. I have been farming excessively for mats and reputation items in TBC (also doing Timbermaw at the end of TBC when my guild decided it was time for a vacation from raids). I am done with that. This is just so 2000ies...

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Half way to exalted on every rep, already exalted with nightfallen and I've done nothing but emissary chests and WQs for AP (except for nightfallen again, done all those). That's about 1 hour a day of doing stuff, if that's too grindy for you then please find something else because this is clearly not your cup of tea.

Deleted
    I think we'll see more rewards added in content patches for being exalted with the Legion factions. Just look at the Nightfallen mount that's coming in 7.1, and we still need the Stormdrake mounts (the non-Glad ones) which would likely be tied to Valarjar in some way.

I would actually prefer it if this was the case for launch reputations in the future, it takes away that "need" get to exalted and lets you pace it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Okay, this post is from 2 weeks ago. As of today, I am not revered with any faction, Wardens and some other barely honored. Oh yeah...class campaing barely started, Suramar /Nighfallen story in that area where you get to wear the mask to walk in disguise.

People definitely need to point out what they do, how much they play so we can put into perspective what they consider "not seing the grind"

I have 1,5 days /played at 110. But for example still to finish the dungeon part of most questlines. I try and do the emissary quest daily and a few addional WQ, but never more than 10.

I would sign that it doesn't feel "grindy" but I am fully aware that with my playing time of 2 hrs a day, somedays off, it will take me another two months to unlock the rep part of the pathfinder achievement
    I only have time to really play on weekend.

During the week I play 1'5 hours tops and I do all the WQ I can during that time prioritizing Emissaries and AP quest. As of now, I am exalted with Nighfallen and between 7k and 15k of Revered with the rest of the factions.

I have payed 0 attention to the reps beyond Nightfallen. Now tell me how this is a grind, when I'm more than halfway through without even trying to earn any reputation whatsoever. A rep grind would imply actually repeating content without any other reward than the reputation points themselves. Right now you can play the game and do the quests that most interest you and get the reputation as an extra reward.