Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spending 10 minutes watching a Youtube video or reading a Wowhead article so you don't waste the time of 29 other people isn't that big an ask.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is not leaders who require you to know the fights.

The problem is leaders who require you to already have the achievement the first day. To "prove" you know the fights. You can have watched tactics etc for hundreds of hours, 99% of all leaders won't invite you without an achievement.

And that is undescribeably stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't compare single player games to multiplayer games, if you messed up in a single player game, you can reload a save & you basically only fucked yourself time-wise, the same cannot be said for a multiplayer game and seeing as bosses scale with the number of players in a raid, being a liability to others is well... as much as being the same dicks who just wants to be carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The problem is not leaders who require you to know the fights.

The problem is leaders who require you to already have the achievement the first day. To "prove" you know the fights. You can have watched tactics etc for hundreds of hours, 99% of all leaders won't invite you without an achievement.

And that is undescribeably stupid.
    And yes, this is the true problem.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Annoying when running for transmog but I bet was fucking epic when fresh. We need more mechanic fights
    Not even that, mechanic fights won't solve it. I just mean the mystery of it, look at something like c'thun. The fight wasn't particularly difficult mechanics wise but looking in that room we have no idea what we were getting ourselves into.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    Except raiding was designed to be cooperative, not competitive. The community makes it competitive due to their insatiable needs to prove their superiority to others because they have a micropenis that requires the hubble telescope to find.

It's like those sociopathic people who believe pushing greater rift levels in Diablo is more important than holding a full time job because they think it's relevant or something.
    you have a lot of issues I guess.

You don't know what a sociopath is.

Homophobia is so gay.

Luckily i am in a guild where going blind the first raid is a requirement. its so much fun trying out stuff and fail and having laugh rather then going world first mentality and ending up last anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Luckily i am in a guild where going blind the first raid is a requirement. its so much fun trying out stuff and fail and having laugh rather then going world first mentality and ending up last anyways.
    This is nice. Too many guilds that take that world first mentality and really think they are more important than what they actually are. While I'm not saying everyone should go in blind I do think people just need to chill. If you're not pushing for mythic progression then it's not that big of a deal.

Talking about laziness.. most people are just too lazy to actually spend time on wiping and figuring out the strategies themself, so they go check some videos where someone else did the work. They don't want to "waste" time by focusing on strategy or social part of game, but only on execution and getting the loot as fast as possible. This way they get the (false) sense of achievement faster, but also end up being out of content faster.

But of course if you're in a competetive raiding guild you want to take any advantage you can.

Screenshots or that never happened. Certainly none of the people complaining about unreasonable demands in this thread have made the claim that what you describe ever happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Screenshots or that never happened. Certainly none of the people complaining about unreasonable demands in this thread have made the claim that what you describe ever happened.
    This happen litterally all of the time. The first day, in the evening, there were tons and tons of groups for Emerald Nightmare. Most called like "Quick clear 840+" etc.

I whisper the leaders same message (copy pasted): "Hi, do you maybe need a good Rogue, ex-hardcore endgame raider in top eu guild, got 845, consumeables, patience and I know all tactics very well from different videos etc" maybe some more info.

I am not kidding, 8 of 10 groups said:

"Link achiv"
    "Achiv plz"
    "Link"

or something similar. The other 2 leaders were more reasonable but didn't want more melee.

This happen litterally all of the time. The first day, in the evening, there were tons and tons of groups for Emerald Nightmare. Most called like "Quick clear 840+" etc.

I whisper the leaders same message (copy pasted): "Hi, do you maybe need a good Rogue, ex-hardcore endgame raider in top eu guild, got 845, consumeables, patience and I know all tactics very well from different videos etc" maybe some more info.

I am not kidding, 8 of 10 groups said:

"Link achiv"
    "Achiv plz"
    "Link"

or something similar. The other 2 leaders were more reasonable but didn't want more melee.
    As occurencies go, this is as true as a statement you could, at least in Europe, discover in awe.

Overequisitive people mania.

god forbid people make their own groups

better to complain about how other people run their groups

"the problem" lol

If you walk into an encounter with 25+ other people and don't know the fight, then you are costing those people gold, and wasting their playtime.
    If you want to experience the "fun" of wiping a hundred times because 1 person doesn't understand a simple mechanic, then you need to find like minded people and raid with them, that's really cool, and we all hope you have a lot of fun doing it, a lot of us used to also play this way.

Sadly a lot of us have work or kids nowadays and cant be wasting 2 hours for you to figure out that you have to pass an item or bite someone, you may not believe it, but we ARE having fun, our fun comes from the healer finishing with loads of mana and us having a nice clean fight.

Everyone is different, just find the people that are as different as you and enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    We're talking about random pugs here.
    That means we have two options:
    1. People have read about the fight and know what their role in the fight is or what to look out for.
    2. People learn from their mis-hahaha, no, I can't even type this out without laughing.

I pugged four bosses.
    We wiped a lot on most bosses.
    Why? Because people didn't know the fight and kept making the same stupid mistake over and over.
    I've explained the tanks how they should swap the Nightmare Dragons four times. They kept fucking it up every single time to the point where we barely killed them because I, the healer, outgeared normal raids.

If the average played is to dumb to learn from his mistakes, then I want him to know the fight so he doesn't make that mistake in the first place.
    Man your group was soo lucky you were there to carry them to loot!

My experience with PUG's is quiet different then some others on here i guess. So far i did 2 runs.
    - First run was on wednesday, noone had a clue what they were doing. We wiped 3/4 times per boss and got 3 (nearly 4) bosses down. It was soo much fun on Discord discussing the bosses and making up tactics on the fly Was a group with amazing spirit. Noone expected to clear the instance and that's perfectly 'ok' for a raid that just released.
    - Yesterday evening i joined a PUG to kill Xuvius (final boss) on normal. We ended up oneshotting him for some reason so continued on heroic. Ended up 1shotting the first boss (man he's easy!). Then we wiped for a long time on Ursoc. Noone was required to have achievements, but you were expected to know how to play your class and have the gear for it (840'ish - 845ilvl)
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time you do the raid you need to know exactly where to be and when or risk get kicked. You have to have done the fight before doing it for the first time.

for normal this shouldn't be required. I got a full pug. We did everything and learnt everything on the fly. Only a few knew 'kinda' what to do. We wiped 3 times on ilgynoth. 1 on ursoc and cenarius and 2 on xavius.(not really including 2 wipes on elereth since the boss bugged out). We even fucked up big sometimes but were still able to do it. Especially as a tank, this was a breeze.
    But yeah do a little research before going in. It works best.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Deleted
    my guild has a policy that people go into the fights blind at first so we can feel out a boss rather than rely on strats. Just because a strategy is written by one guild, doesn't mean it will work for everyone else. It is far more fun to work out your own pathway in WoW if you can get a group that would be up to do the same.

We only look up detailed strategies if we find ourselves beating our heads against the wall after a week. So far we are sitting on 5/7 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    The first time you do the raid you need to know exactly where to be and when or risk get kicked. You have to have done the fight before doing it for the first time.
    God you forbid you actually read a guide, watch a video or spend two seconds looking at the journal.

It's not like those runes/pots/flasks cost anything right?

I can sort of understand maybe not wanting to watch videos on fights to have the experience be fresh, but if you can't even be assed to read the Dungeon Journal, which is immensely helpful even by itself, I wouldn't really enjoy having you in my groups.

Well I downed all of normal EN without looking up videos or guides once and it wasn't too bad.
    Did pretty good on parsing too.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...101636/latest/