Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So Healers, happy now?

After the recent hotfix, we're right back where we started. Healers don't die. Fights drag on forever.

Played three games. Won two. Still didn't enjoy them one bit. Healers taunting me with emotes as I pointlessly try to have any lasting impact on their health or mana bars...egh. So quickly everything went back to crap.

Interesting, that's not my experience at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Interesting, that's not my experience at all.
    Really? It's like a night and day difference to me. Had a big brawl at the Lumber Mill where I just got bored, because nobody was dying on either side for minutes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    After the recent hotfix, we're right back where we started. Healers don't die. Fights drag on forever.

Played three games. Won two. Still didn't enjoy them one bit. Healers taunting me with emotes as I pointlessly try to have any lasting impact on their health or mana bars...egh. So quickly everything went back to crap.
    A solo DPS shouldn't be able to take down a healer, mostly because the chances of the healer wearing down said DPS is nil (Hard to keep yourself healed while trying to DPS someone down, you're bound to fall behind and die if you try typically), so healers would just always be a free kill for nearly anyone, then no one would heal.

Try not running around alone, and focusing healers with the group. That's really all you can do, because that's how they're meant to be taken down, you just overwhelm them. I haven't had any issues taking down healers this way. outside select situations like folks not interrupting and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    A solo DPS shouldn't be able to take down a healer, mostly because the chances of the healer wearing down said DPS is nil (Hard to keep yourself healed while trying to DPS someone down, you're bound to fall behind and die if you try typically), so healers would just always be a free kill for nearly anyone, then no one would heal.

Try not running around alone, and focusing healers with the group. That's really all you can do, because that's how they're meant to be taken down, you just overwhelm them. I haven't had any issues taking down healers this way. outside select situations like folks not interrupting and such.
    Yep, just quoting this here, this is the most important thing.

Personally I play kitty around ~2-2.1k rating at the moment and we have no issues killing healers (I am the healer on the team) but if both my melees connect something dies if they time their interupts/stuns properly.

Similarly, a single (melee) dps won't kill me (with the exception of sometimes DH or ww monk, both classes that are on the ''to nerf'' list) but if 2 dps connect on me without my team peeling for me I am still very mortal.

Really? My team still breaks healers like a sledgehammer on thin glass. They just last 4 seconds instead of 3 now.

Talking unrated BGs here, not Arena's. There's no coordination.

Unrated bg is like LFR, they dont balance after either.

The difference is not that big.

So healers should be able to be destroyed by 1 player because people are too stupid to target the healer? Ya, no that totally makes sense. Find a friend who's a melee class (really any melee at this point), go into BG's with him, both attack the healer, kill them in 5 seconds, collect honor.

How will Resto druids fare after these buffs go live? Harder to kill when trained by melee or still too squishy?

What are my massive buffs as Holy priest in pvp? Honest question!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    What are my massive buffs as Holy priest in pvp? Honest question!
    Apotheosis can no longer be dispelled.

annnnnnd thats it :|

Quote Originally Posted by Rykarr View Post
    How will Resto druids fare after these buffs go live? Harder to kill when trained by melee or still too squishy?
    Still too squishy most likely. The lifebloom buff will help a little bit against purge comps, but a heal that only goes off every 10 seconds otherwise isn't exactly gonna do a whole lot for our throughput.

The haste buff is definitely gonna be a welcome change, but with the crit nerf you can expect to see a lot of lost healing from living seed procs.

Overall.... meh

Quote Originally Posted by squeekinator View Post
    Apotheosis can no longer be dispelled.

annnnnnd thats it :|
    \o/ SUCCESS!! I'm INVINCIBLE AGAIN!!!!!11..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rykarr View Post
    Still dogshit. No burst heals, hots easily purged.

10+ Year Old Account

100% correct. And this is coming from a severely nerfed WW who can no longer 1v1 against a healer.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

If this is true I'm done PvPing forever.
    Healers being invincible is the worst imaginable PvP you can play.
    I really hope they didn't cater to healer crybabies wanting to be invincible tanks in pvp because that isn't fun for anyone. I don't understand why healers WANT this tbh, when I played a healer in WOD I was bored out of my mind because no one would die and I just sat there spamming heals with 0 contribution to the game....

Healers need to be weak for pvp to be fun, did they not learn anything from OW?

- - - Updated - - -

This an archaic opinion that doesn't actually make pvp fun or good. If I have to rely on someone else to come kill someone, then the other side of the fight(assuming 10vs10) is 8vs9 in the enemies favor - healers need to be soloable by a better played DPS. Healer vs DPS should be 100% reliant on the skill of the DPS and the healer, if the DPS is better, the healer should flop over.

Deleted

Played three games. Won two. Still didn't enjoy them one bit. Healers taunting me with emotes as I pointlessly try to have any lasting impact on their health or mana bars...egh.
    maybe youre just crap at pvp?

Just faced a team with only healers and hybrids (shadow priests, balance druids, elem shaman) in the dwarf version of WSG. That was fun......

.....NOT. Each of them packed like rats healing each other while camping mid / GY.

If you think that taking 2 people to kill a healer will make it 8v9, what do you think the other team is doing? Maybe also sending 2 people to kill a healer...I enjoy seeing a good round and topping dmg with lots of kills and low to no deaths ( that last part usually thanks to a healer(s). Why shouldn't healers occasionally get to feel the same way, or likely soon no one will want to play one. Maybe some people would like PvP with no healers but if that's the case, this probably isn't the game for you.