Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I totally missed the scene with Trenton and Mobley, where was it in the episode? I'm so confused.
    It was (after?) the commercial break. I think we would have missed it too, but we kept the recording running until the end.
    I was refilling a cocktail and my wife yells...its back on!

Basically they were sitting in front of a Fry's Electronics on a work break Mobley was saying they were safe, everything will be OK then the Dark Army dude from prison shows up.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tyrell and Elliot are the key. Its no coincidence Tyrell has been present at both major events in the show and the respective finales. Also white rose hinted Angela was in the middle of it earlier. Whatever it is, has to do with how E-corp killed her parents and the power struggle fall out that resulted in white rose killing the ex Ecorp CEO. Other than that I have no idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyways, I think the payoff with the Darlene at the FBI scene is her saying "You've got to be fucking kidding me." That implies to me that there's something on the board which confuses her, not that she's surprised with how much they know. What can that possibly be?
    My thinking as well. I don't know that its the Tyrell connection but she scanned over the info for a good chunk of time before that exclamation was made. Definitely seemed like there was something there that she wasn't aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    So I've been keeping up with the show and what not, just saw the S2 finale. I have but one question.

What the fuck is this show about? Seriously, I'm confused as to what the main driving force of the plot is. Things seem to get convoluted every time there's a new twist, and now it's hard to see what the main plot really is.

Or is it just my retarded ass that has this line of thinking on this show.
    i would say the main point of the show is a character trying to deal with/manage severe chronic depression and mental illness.

almost everything else in the show could be questioned on whether or not its even real

and then the subplot is about f society/dark army trying to delete the records of e corp which they assumed would rid millions of people of debt and give people a 2nd chance but as shown in season 2 it seems to have been a plot by china to gain leverage against america and didnt really work and may have done more harm than good.

tyrells plan at the end of season 2 was to burn all the paper records which would supposedly get rid of them forever and MIGHT do what they planned to do in the first place in season 1, but doing so would require them blowing up a building and killing hundreds of people which elliot didnt want to do and elliot was about to ruin their plans so tyrell shot him.

we still dont know exactly what chinas goals are in the end or how deep elliots involvement is because of his mental illness

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    My thinking as well. I don't know that its the Tyrell connection but she scanned over the info for a good chunk of time before that exclamation was made. Definitely seemed like there was something there that she wasn't aware of.
    it couldve just been the fact that they had literally everyone on there and before that darlene only thought they knew about tyrell
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it couldve just been the fact that they had literally everyone on there and before that darlene only thought they knew about tyrell
    Maybe. It was my initial thought but after watching it a couple times it just seems like she tracks to something while reviewing the wall and at that point she makes the exclamation. Just walking in the room and giving a quick glance its clear that the investigators had a tremendous amount of info on her team. Something specific seemed to trigger that reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I feel like the language would have been different, like, she would have said, "Oh, shit." or "Well, fuck me."

Instead, she said "You've got to be fucking kidding me," which can be taken as you said, or it can be that she learned something on the board that she didn't know before.

Especially when you consider the potential conversation with Santiago about him not wanting Darlene to see the board as foreshadowing, and the potential that Santiago may be working with the Dark Army, it seems plausible.

Also, going forward, who is going to be against the Dark Army? They've recruited Angela, I assume Angela will be there to pacify Eliot, they have Tyrell. The FBI and Dom seem too incompetent to figure it out.....they'll need someone like Darlene working for them.

P.S. Went back to the after credit scene - Leon is either killing those two, or recruiting them, man, the writing/acting is so good that you can't really tell which.

P.S. Went back to the after credit scene - Leon is either killing those two, or recruiting them, man, the writing/acting is so good that you can't really tell which.
    She was talking about "putting things back the way they were" so I'm assuming he was there to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    She was talking about "putting things back the way they were" so I'm assuming he was there to kill them.
    While this show is known for curveballs, Dark Army wouldn't have sent a killer for a friendly chat. Especially with the comment about "Do you have the time", it sounds like he was there to take care of loose threads.

Especially if these loose threads were capable of undoing the whole plan.

But I also feel like the Dark Army wouldn't waste time with a conversation either. In both instances we see them killing people this season (in China, in the diner), a guy or two just randomly walks up and starts spraying bullets.

But I also feel like the Dark Army wouldn't waste time with a conversation either. In both instances we see them killing people this season (in China, in the diner), a guy or two just randomly walks up and starts spraying bullets.
    It would be pretty dumb for the Dark Army to draw attention to two people at costco and say "HEY. FBI. We killed these guys exactly the same as the other people who were involved with us. Take a look at this evidence, these guys are important!"

Damn guys why are you bringing up old stuff. I thought someone posted new info about season 3 or something.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It would be pretty dumb for the Dark Army to draw attention to two people at costco and say "HEY. FBI. We killed these guys exactly the same as the other people who were involved with us. Take a look at this evidence, these guys are important!"

Damn guys why are you bringing up old stuff. I thought someone posted new info about season 3 or something.

Relax, s2 didnt end that long ago. People will still be catching up finishing off the season. And its way too early for s3 info anyway

Deleted
    I just started to watch first season, now Im on 3 episode. Will see will see.. There is a friends who told me that 2 season is a crap :/

10+ Year Old Account
    In just 54 minutes, season 3 has already managed to surpass the entirety of season 2.

I, like everyone else who watched it, instantly fell in love with Mr Robot season 1. It was one of the most finely constructed, brilliantly acted seasons of tv that have ever been produced. So needless to say, when season 2 arrived, I was HYPED.

That excitement lasted all of 2 episodes and started to sharply decline when I realised that something was deeply wrong. I have a theory as to why the quality declined so much in season 2... after the season 1 pilot aired, the worst thing possible happened to Mr Robot.

It was picked up for two further season.

This lead to season 2 becoming a somewhat plodding affair, which spent it's whole run wrapping up the events of season 1 and laying the groundwork for season 3. The end result was the whole thing feeling half formed, the season never really having an identity of its own... It was something of a gamble and one I honestly don't think Sam Esmail would have taken, if he'd not already secured a third season.

However, this gamble seems to have paid off and then some... because we're only one episode into season 3, and already it feels like we've been here for years, because in a way, we have.

The first episode is gripping, intense and deeply engaging. From almost the very first scene it grips you like a vice and refuses to let go until the credits roll. If the whole season can be this fantastic, it may even go as far as to surpass season one.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I was so fucking mad at this thread last night you guys don't even know. No one told me that S3 started, I was 14 minutes into South Park when a friend texts me "I should have rewatched the first two seasons" and he told me it was Mr. Robot, so I had to stay up from 1 to 2:07 (which means I slept at 3) to watch the reairing. (I had to wake up at 6.)

I kept meaning to re-bump the thread earlier in the week, totally forgot because for some reason I still play WoW and was raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    so I had to stay up from 1 to 2:07 (which means I slept at 3) to watch the reairing.
    Was fucking worth it though, right?

And I agree with your friend, if I'd thought this through, I would have rewatched season 1 and 2 before this season started.

Tbh, I kinda want to rewatch this episode, might marathon season 1 and 2 before episode 302 next week.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I kept meaning to re-bump the thread earlier in the week, totally forgot because for some reason I still play WoW and was raiding.
    You let me down. I was so mad that I was missing episode 1 and didn't even know about it. I was this || close to making a program to @Mention everyone and say fuck you to them who posted in this thread.

I'm very passionate, like a spanish woman whose husband cheats on her. I thought we were a community >:O.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Was fucking worth it though, right?
    I actually thought the episode was lackluster, until the last 15 minutes when it turns out that Angela was lying to Elliot and only asked him to stay because she was waiting for Mr. Robot to take over so they could do their evil plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    And I agree with your friend, if I'd thought this through, I would have rewatched season 1 and 2 before this season started.

Tbh, I kinda want to rewatch this episode, might marathon season 1 and 2 before episode 302 next week.
    I'm going to marathon all the episodes in the background while i do stuff for the next few days, and then rewatch 301 (since I missed some of the...easter eggs) and then yeah 302.

So, my thoughts on s2 and this episode.

I don't know what Sam's ideas for Mr. Robot are after this season, but s2 struck me as very similar to Act II of a 3 Act Play. First act, exposition. Second act, dealing with what we've found out, struggling against it. Act three - the resolution of the struggle that arose in Act 2.

It seemed very necessary to me that Elliot struggle with finding out that Mr. Robot was a part of himself. That's a traumatic thing, and the whole theme of the season was about who is in control.

This new, nascent season sees the protagonist (Eliot) and the antagonist (Mr. Robot) trying to achieve different ends. The unique part of the show, of course, is that these two people are housed in the same physical body. I'd be surprised if we see Rami and Slater in scenes together this season, I think Eliot is just going to have fugue states where he doesn't realize Mr. Robot is taking over.

An interesting opener, to be sure. As usual, BD Wong is fucking amazing.

@eschatological *gives you a dirty look and moves on*

I like the way Darlene has these panick attacks and Cisco died and Elliot is a bad brother and doesn't even attempt to comfort her.

White Rose suggested that Elliot's Dad dying wasn't a coincidence. Since he was unknowingly working on a project for them.

Still confused about Phase 2. Destroying E-Corp's paper records to completely wipe them out. Idk how that helps White Rose.

There was a subplot in s2 about White Rose being a Chinese Minister as well. Tanking E Corp (and the American economy) makes China more powerful.