Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bestial Wrath Buff

• Beast Mastery
    o Bestial Wrath damage bonus increased to 25%.

Dope... so now it'll do 60% bonus damage if I understand that right?

It was 20%, now 25%, you'll do 5% more.

This probably brings BM real close to Marks in raids with the nerf to barrage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Shouldn't be a ST nerf for MM though as Windburst was buffed.

It's... Really not a ton. BW had about 30-40% uptime depending on RNG, That's 5% more dmg, 30-40% of the time, or equal to little over 1.5% more damage. Considering MM wasn't nerfed singletarget, I doubt we'll see many BM hunters outside of specific tactics/jobs they HAVE to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's... Really not a ton. BW had about 30-40% uptime depending on RNG, That's 5% more dmg, 30-40% of the time, or equal to little over 1.5% more damage. Considering MM wasn't nerfed singletarget, I doubt we'll see many BM hunters outside of specific tactics/jobs they HAVE to do.
    This. It is a joke of a buff.

the current iteration of BM is an embarrassment, the spec requires very little player skill or attentiveness. a spec that promotes bad player habits such as laziness and lack of resource management or a rotation of any kind should never be anywhere near the term playable.

Deleted
    ^Assuming MM requires a mad amount of focus, concentration and awareness to perform? Its pretty silly this ongoing argument of difficulty to play. Neither is hard to play, just get over this whining of difficulty.

Deleted
    seems to me they ninja nerfed aimshot but maybe i am just paranoid

Would be slightly more because of pooling and spending. With Killer Cobra being the main portion of damage during BW and crows being used typically with BW.

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    Would be slightly more because of pooling and spending. With Killer Cobra being the main portion of damage during BW and crows being used typically with BW.
    You are nitpicking. The buff was fuck all. MM still dominant in raids. BM now even better in M+ thanks to Barrage nerf and BW buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You are nitpicking. The buff was fuck all. MM still dominant in raids. BM now even better in M+ thanks to Barrage nerf and BW buff.
    Agreed here. This will completely cement BM as the go-to spec in Mythic+ if it wasn't already, while MM will still probably perform better as ST damage wasn't nerfed and the damage to spread targets like Il'gynoth/Dragons is too efficient to pass up.

Deleted
    Well after i have done Nightmare raid can say that they need to buff the pet speed (especially hati who comes ages after my pet)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nRocket View Post
    Agreed here. This will completely cement BM as the go-to spec in Mythic+ if it wasn't already, while MM will still probably perform better as ST damage wasn't nerfed and the damage to spread targets like Il'gynoth/Dragons is too efficient to pass up.
    Don't really think so. Personally i am doing overall much higher dps vs trash and bosses with MM up to mythic 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    ^Assuming MM requires a mad amount of focus, concentration and awareness to perform? Its pretty silly this ongoing argument of difficulty to play. Neither is hard to play, just get over this whining of difficulty.
    Exactly this. People act like MM is a hard spec to play. Hunters have always been the "baby's first class" in the game. And there is some resource management with BM as you dont want to dump all of your focus away on CS and then not have enough for KC. Its a very simple and easy spec to play, probably the easiest, but all hunter specs usually are (I haven't touched much of Survival because I am not a huge fan of melee).

Quote Originally Posted by Deifi View Post
    It was 20%, now 25%, you'll do 5% more.
    Ahhhh yeahh I got too excited and read it wrong... I was really hoping for BM to be buffed more I guess... at least it's something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    the current iteration of BM is an embarrassment, the spec requires very little player skill or attentiveness. a spec that promotes bad player habits such as laziness and lack of resource management or a rotation of any kind should never be anywhere near the term playable.
    The same can be said for MM or many other class specs... The only hunter spec that requires a little bit of "skill" is Survival. Even then, once you know what you are doing it's easy from there.

Seems like Blizzard decided hunter should be the easy class. Probably because everyone and their mother has a hunter.
    Last edited by Alomega; 2016-09-24 at 07:14 AM.

Just want to say, no rotation is hard in Legion. Also, if you read the other class forums, every class is the worst in the game.

A 5% buff to BW, and a 20% nerf to Barrage, won't close the significant gap that exists between BM and MM currently. Which is about a 12.5% overall difference between the two. It's possible that gap couple be closed even further with different Artifact pathing for BM, by actually going for single target traits instead of all the cleave traits most guides focus on right now. But doing that hurts BM where it shines in Mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    The exact same thing can be said about MM, it is no more difficult to play than BM is. And no, not being able to move while casting Aimed or Windburst doesn't make it difficult. If anything I actually have to care about my resource management more as BM since Kill Command is cast 3 times as often as Barrage. So that's 3 times as many CDs of Kill Command that I need to make sure I have Focus for than I need to worry about having Focus for CDs of Barrage. BM also has to pay attention to not casting KC when BW is about to come off CD. Then there is pet management to add to all of that.

Not saying any of it is difficult, but all the raging I see against BM is completely misplaced as MM is no more difficult to play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    Just want to say, no rotation is hard in Legion. Also, if you read the other class forums, every class is the worst in the game.
    You just contributed nothing to this thread, try reading it again.

BM is fine but still behind ST.