Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The class balance team is just utterly inept.

They killed off 2h Frost because it was too hard to balance the two sub specs simultaneously and it wouldnt have worked with the artifact system.

So how exactly do they accomplish it? By making DW use the same exact rotation and stats that 2h did....

Frost is now worse off than it has EVER been before. Hell, the entire class is a massive fucking dumpster fire at this point.

Show me your motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    Go check out warcraftlogs and compare Frost DK to say Ret Pala. Now Rets moan they are in a bad state, but they havent seen Frost DK yet

Glad I rerolled!
    Well retri is in a better state then frost DK..but! Retri is the only pally dps specc..unlike DKs wich has 2...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWombat View Post
    Well retri is in a better state then frost DK..but! Retri is the only pally dps specc..unlike DKs wich has 2...
    Does it matter? Frost and Unholy have very different play styles (which is a good thing) so you might as well say paladins could go holy if their DPS spec sucks. Unholy just isnt enjoyable for some players so its not a viable alternative.

Its not only that some people doesnt enjoy Unholy, in Legion with the current artifact system specs NEED to be up to par, at least now that we dont have that much artifact research done. They made their own mess choosing this system, now they should deliver balance, but i seriously doubt they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Does it matter? Frost and Unholy have very different play styles (which is a good thing) so you might as well say paladins could go holy if their DPS spec sucks. Unholy just isnt enjoyable for some players so its not a viable alternative.
    Pretty sure holy can actually out damage ret at present. Not even joking but holy can do crazy damage if they don't have to heal.

I just started leveling as frost and I'm loving it. Did great in dungeon and 2 BGs, easily pulling 6-7 things questing... I'm still mostly in 710 pvp gear at 102 now. Are you people saying this doesn't stay this good?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I just started leveling as frost and I'm loving it. Did great in dungeon and 2 BGs, easily pulling 6-7 things questing... I'm still mostly in 710 pvp gear at 102 now. Are you people saying this doesn't stay this good?
    you will be well behind Unholy and most other DPS specs in dungeon and raid DPS

but it will probably still be ok in 5-man heroics and 5-man mythics 1-2 where AoE burst & SF burst should matter more .. not so in higher mythics and raids

but, theres a decent chance of buffs (or nerfs to top specs) next reset .. maybe

even in Heroes of the Storm, they fuck with Arthas, haha!

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by XScorpion2 View Post
    Honestly the damage of the logs from this first week will have frost dk's shunned for weeks / months to come. If you are grasping at straws now, you might want to change now. I'd suggest Enhancement Shaman or Outlaw Rogue if you are looking for something bursty and high dps.
    I read this last night and didn't think much about it. Then I read this again today and after seriously thinking about it, you're absolutely correct. the amount of buffs needed for a balance patch will be too high. I don't think they will even buff the spec much anyways. I started playing with unholy and I'm going to push my enhancement shaman to 110 now too....this way I can see what enhance is like in 'endgame' content from a fun perspective. If I enjoy t more than unholy than I am done with the dk class for good. I am really frustrated that they didn't do anything before the raids hit.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I read this last night and didn't think much about it. Then I read this again today and after seriously thinking about it, you're absolutely correct. the amount of buffs needed for a balance patch will be too high. I don't think they will even buff the spec much anyways. I started playing with unholy and I'm going to push my enhancement shaman to 110 now too....this way I can see what enhance is like in 'endgame' content from a fun perspective. If I enjoy t more than unholy than I am done with the dk class for good. I am really frustrated that they didn't do anything before the raids hit.
    God Speed Sir! Been playing nothing but DK since Wrath. I hate alts. So going to suffer through DK as Unholy this xpac as well, or maybe just quit in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    now your mixing 2 different roles, i said DPS not healing.holy is a healing specc set by blizzard sure they can do some damage but they are still a healing specc. doesnt change

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWombat View Post
    now your mixing 2 different roles, i said DPS not healing.holy is a healing specc set by blizzard sure they can do some damage but they are still a healing specc. doesnt change
    Not our problem that they chose a class with one DPS spec. There's a reason I don't play paladin or priest as a main...and it's simply because they don't have options when it comes to DPS.

First actual tuning pass of this expansion is Monday or Tuesday so all bitching about Frost in PvE and how Blizzard doesn't do anything is just fucking stupid up until that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    For PvP frost is superior to unholy (chill streak is stupidly strong, and frost burst is just better and not reliant on pets which are easily negated by snares/frost nova/aoe fear). PvE the other way around, since pets work as advertised and sustained damage is more important than the immediate short window burst needs of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    First actual tuning pass of this expansion is Monday or Tuesday so all bitching about Frost in PvE and how Blizzard doesn't do anything is just fucking stupid up until that happens.
    You seem to be under the impression they'll do something about it full stop.

hotfixes are in holy shit.

Death Knight

• Frost
    o Remorseless Winter damage increased by 50%.
    o Obliterate damage increased by 19%.
    o Frost Strike damage increased by 12%.
    o Howling Blast damage increased by 10%.
    o Frostscythe (Talent) damage increased by 13%.
    o Frozen Pulse (Talent) damage increased by 11%.
    o Breath of Sindragosa (Talent) damage increased by 17%.

I love life

Now does this only apply in PvE? Or in pvp too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    Death Knight

• Frost
    o Remorseless Winter damage increased by 50%.
    o Obliterate damage increased by 19%.
    o Frost Strike damage increased by 12%.
    o Howling Blast damage increased by 10%.
    o Frostscythe (Talent) damage increased by 13%.
    o Frozen Pulse (Talent) damage increased by 11%.
    o Breath of Sindragosa (Talent) damage increased by 17%.

I love life

Now does this only apply in PvE? Or in pvp too?
    If its didnt apply to PVP it would be mentioned.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Dks just went from above avg in AoE to possibly the best AoE spec in the game, and from bottom of the list in single target to probably top 10. Also i believe that bumps RW into a single target ability as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    This does not fix frost. Do not kid yourself.

Crystalline Swords terrible damage and proc rate is still un-addressed.

Sindy is still on her obnoxiously long cooldown and a slight damage bonus will not fix her, she needs to be lowered to 2 mins at least to be viable for trash and add phases on bosses like everyone else.

Obliterate still does not scale at all and a mere 19% damage increase isn't fixing it in the slightest when everyone else scales heavily with gear.

That howling blast buff is a joke, it's still a fraction of what it did in WoD.

And we still have a 1.5 sec GCD that forces us to prioritize Haste as a stat more than we ever should.

Don't even be fooled. These buffs do not fix or address the major issues with our class and we will STILL be the bottom of the meter