Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DH Changes Discussion Thread

Nerfs pretty much across the board

Havoc

Throw Glaive damage reduced by 30%.
    Fel Mastery (Talent) damage bonus to Fel Rush reduced to 30%.
    Bloodlet (Talent) now deals 100% of initial Throw Glaive damage.
    Fury of the Illidari (Artifact Ability) damage reduced by 20%.
    Note: See below for for additional PvP tuning adjustments to Fury of the Illidari.
    Balanced Blades (Artifact Trait) damage bonus to Blade Dance reduced to 3% per target.

Vengeance

Mastery now provides 50% less damage reduction per point.
    Demon Spikes damage reduction increased to 20%.
    Note: Gearing heavily for Mastery was allowing Vengeance Demon Hunters to reach excessively high levels of Physical damage reduction. We’re reducing the top-end potential of this effect somewhat, and bringing up the baseline. This should also cause the value of Mastery to be more in line with other stats.
    personally slightly concerned about my raid spot, seeing as DH ST wasn't amazing, and now my cleave/aoe damage is pretty much gone too

With these changes, I wonder if Blind Fury is going to be good now.

Also does this make Felblade come out on top with bloodlet being cut in half?

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    With these changes, I wonder if Blind Fury is going to be good now.

Also does this make Felblade come out on top with bloodlet being cut in half?
    I was thinking the same, but I don't think we'll know until we run Sims with the changes.

I dug up one of the top DH single target parses on Nythendra. Some quick napkin math showed that it's about a 15% single target DPS nerf, assuming you were using Bloodlet and Fel Mastery. In that parse, throw glaive + bloodlet did 18m damage, with the change it'll be about 8.4m.

Wow.. are you fucking kidding me... they are nerfing vengeance and not nerfing ignore pain.. it's seriously like they don't play at all.. vengeance needed buffed not nerfed.. I'm glad I don't stack mastery but God damn.. our priority was vers>mastery=haste>crit now for sure it's vers>haste>mastery>crit. I take about 50% more damage than a warrior and I heal (absorb) like 1/3 of the ammount.. but don't nerf ignore pain or buff us.. that's cool..
    Last edited by aikanaro; 2016-09-24 at 03:05 AM.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Don't play havoc but those are some rather large nerfs.

For the Vengeance changes, at 5k mastery currently that'd be a 4-5% nerf which I'm not too worried about. Just makes me value Versatility and haste even more now

Deleted
    i'd say havoc was overperforming sure. But by that much? They want to make changes that dont affect playstyle, but completely gut bloodlet?

Meanwhile fire mages..

well it was a good run boys but its over. Time to pack up and go hunter

Deleted
    Thanks for all the gold spent into vers/mastery BoEs!

And that's blizzard way to nerf things. They did the same to monks during highmal opening during wod.

Guess that bloodlet is pretty much a dead talent now? And btw, as weeks go by our damage would pretty much fall in line, remember that vers is our SECOND best stat, also the raid trinkets suck pretty hard, now we will be pretty much in the same spot frost dks are now after everyone gets their heroic/mythic gear.

But nah, blizzard listens too much to QQ. Seems like the old saying that classes with only 1 dps spec are not meant for dps still goes strong.
    Last edited by Nezia; 2016-09-24 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Wow.. are you fucking kidding me... they are nerfing vengeance and not nerfing ignore pain.. it's seriously like they don't play at all.. vengeance needed buffed not nerfed.. I'm glad I don't stack mastery but God damn.. our priority was vers>mastery=haste>crit now for sure it's vers>haste>mastery>crit. I take about 50% more damage than a warrior and I heal (absorb) like 1/3 of the ammount.. but don't nerf ignore pain or buff us.. that's cool..
    Learn to read. Prot warr's rage generation got severely nerfed. That shit will hurt IP. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by circ View Post
    personally slightly concerned about my raid spot, seeing as DH ST wasn't amazing, and now my cleave/aoe damage is pretty much gone too
    Same here. Our single target dps felt very appropriate, although there was no way I could beat a well played marksman hunter, for example. Bloodlet was our top dps source not only on AOE, but single target as well. It doing half the damage based off an ability that got nerfed by another 30% is a serious blow to the spec.

What happened to the Blizzard's "don't nerf the strong, buff the weak" philosophy?

If i am forced to go felblade spec im also prob gonna run demon blades, which i would think would put haste over vers in terms of our second best stat would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    And that's blizzard way to nerf things. They did the same to monks during highmal opening during wod

But nah, blizzard listens too much to QQ. Seems like the old saying that classes with only 1 dps spec are not meant for dps still goes strong.
    Knew I'd get nerfed, but I mean.. ugh. Definitely Blizzard's MO

Next Simcraft Havoc ll be the last of the list, rip class.

Deleted
    I like the nerf to Bloodlet, because I never much liked it as a talent. Demon Hunters have very few buttons to press and with almost all the passives being the strongest, it just felt boring. That said, I feel like the additional 30% nerf to Throw Glaive is a bit over the top. I also feel like the Vengeance nerfs coupled with the recent AoE reduction is a bit over the top. I never felt that myself or any other Vengeance tanks I encountered were overperforming, quite the opposite I always experience them as taking a lot more damage than any other tank.

I must say I'm really surprised to see Havoc nerfed while Marksmanship remains unchanged though.

Even if the rage regen will lower IP, that doesn't change the fact that vengeance needed a buff in some way not a nerf. We may be a little strong for dungeons but in raids we have some problems.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

So they don't want Vengeance to favor mastery as much...and their solution is to make us value haste as much, all the while there being next to no haste/vers gear...

Kay.

Personally I didn't like Throw Glaive being a rotational ability. I love Felblade and would like First Blood to be viable too.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Even if the rage regen will lower IP, that doesn't change the fact that vengeance needed a buff in some way not a nerf. We may be a little strong for dungeons but in raids we have some problems.
    I actually stack mastery and it is literally 2% lower on my DS after the change. It's not a big deal at all, and fixes what was going to be a massive problem later in the expansion when you had dumb amounts of haste and mastery. Also allows them to later buff vengeance if deemed necessary after Mythic numbers come out without having to take that into account.

Right now, it barely effects anything, and if you don't have 7500+ mastery you likely see no change or will actually have a STRONGER DS as of right now.