Thread: Shadow Nerfs

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Shadow Nerfs

Yeah..

-Mind Sear damage and Insanity generation increased by 50%.

-Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion and Void Torrent are active.
    Note: These abilities prevent Insanity drain from increasing while active, which effectively reduces the Insanity drain for the entire remainder the current Voidform. This was proving to be too powerful, so we’re now making sure that the damage bonus and Insanity drain from Voidform remain in sync.

-The benefit of Mass Hysteria (Artifact Trait) is now capped at 100%.
    Note: We want it to be rewarding when you’re able to maintain Surrender to Madness for an extremely long time, but the amount of damage this trait was contributing in those circumstances was excessive.
    Last edited by pkusa; 2016-09-24 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    Huge nerf to mass hysteria + dispersion + VT, cant do triple VT + double disperion anymore

Its ok because mind seer not does from 9k dmg, 13.5k dmg/tick

THAT IS SO HUGE NERF TO MASS HYSTERIA. 100 seconds in s2m you would be on 200% bonus damage on VT + ST, now MAX IS 100% ROFL
    Last edited by mmoc0c661e3882; 2016-09-24 at 02:51 AM.

LMAO wow. So mind sear with now hit for 15k instead of 10k, thanks a lot blizz...

And those nerfs are probably warranted for later down the line in the xpac, but right now i think they should have left it as is. (ive seen fire mages do 400k on ursoc, shadow is not even close to that from what ive seen).

All part of Blizzard's campaign to invalidate Shadow Priest's raid spots before the raid even begins.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    All part of Blizzard's campaign to invalidate Shadow Priest's raid spots before the raid even begins.
    Here is the thing, when i first read the mass hysteria tooltip i couldnt believe they didnt put a cap on it so i saw that coming but its wayyyy to early to do these nerfs shadow does not have enough haste yet to get those crazy stacks.

So in the meantime we get to be mid pack single target DPS and still have no aoe to speak of (i actually guessed mind sear would get a 100% buff but blizzard in their infinite wisdom thinks 50% is enough LOLOLOLOL)

Deleted
    Also, fire mage/feral untouched, moonkin/locks/ele buffed massively

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Here is the thing, when i first read the mass hysteria tooltip i couldnt believe they didnt put a cap on it so i saw that coming but its wayyyy to early to do these nerfs shadow does not have enough haste yet to get those crazy stacks.

So in the meantime we get to be mid pack single target DPS and still have no aoe to speak of (i actually guessed mind sear would get a 100% buff but blizzard in their infinite wisdom thinks 50% is enough LOLOLOLOL)
    They did. It was capped at 100 Stacks - tied to Voidform.

The change to MH is huge - Blizzard should have also tied it to LI stacks. Make both VF and LI increase dot damage by 2%/stack (capping at 100%), or 1%/stack (capping at 100 stacks).

Mind Flay (for me) is 95k + 8 insanity over 2.3s (41.3k + 3.5 insanity / second) vs Mind Sear at 60.5k + 6 insanity over 3.9s (15.5k + 1.5 insanity/sec). The patch will take this to 90k + 9 insanity over 3.9s (23k + 2.25 insanity/sec). So at 2 targets MS is stronger. Bit of a nerf to the MF golden trait as well, since it's power is not enough to warrant using Mind Flay over Sear when there are 2 targets, previously you wouldn't sear until 5+. I don't mind this, but it won't really solve anything since comparatively, Mind Sear STILL hits like a wet noodle. (15k dps/target AoE, lmfao).

Dispersion not ticking up VF stacks is fine IMO. Use it during movement delaying degen for the time. VoiT doing the same is NOT OK.
    Last edited by Rumstein; 2016-09-24 at 03:13 AM.

"without dramatically changing anyone’s playstyle or causing them to feel as though the spec they chose to focus on became the “wrong choice.” Sure glad they kept to this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddow View Post
    "without dramatically changing anyone’s playstyle or causing them to feel as though the spec they chose to focus on became the “wrong choice.” Sure glad they kept to this.
    Yes i also found this quite amusing.

At least its not worth swapping spec to holy to aoe trash now. Oh wait, still is. Wp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

Honestly if it was buffed by 100% it'd still be bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    Yes i also found this quite amusing.

At least its not worth swapping spec to holy to aoe trash now. Oh wait, still is. Wp.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly if it was buffed by 100% it'd still be bollocks.
    True enough lol. I just dont get why they refuse to change mechanics of aoe, let it apply SwP that wouldnt be OP at all merely make us competitive. Shit it could apply VT as well and we would still lose to a number of specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can they honestly say:

The overall goal of these changes is to buff up some underperforming specs while also reining in a couple of over-performers, without dramatically changing anyone's playstyle or causing them to feel as though the spec they chose to focus on became the “wrong choice.”
    While gutting Shadow, buffing Arcane, Frost, Balance, Afflic, Destro, Demonology and leaving Fire and Feral as is?

This patch is literally buffs to everyone except nerfs to Shadow.

It's abundantly clear that shadow is the wrong choice.

Deleted
    Whep, I guess my shadow artifact will have a special place in the bank now. But I'm glad that now my AoE trash dps will be 110k, instead of 75k.

Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    Also, fire mage/feral untouched, moonkin/locks/ele buffed massively
    Shadow and arms basically got shat on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Shadow and arms basically got shat on.
    Yeah, what really annoys me is that arms and shadow are basically useless as an offspec. They both heavily rely on having a lot of AP to do (barely in case of shadow) competitive dps, and this change only increased the gap.

Shadow will still remain the strongest caster in raids. Nerf was to not make them such a massive outlier, which they still will be.

Xavius Heroic last phase Boss damage:

Total damage in last phase:

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Shadow will still remain the strongest caster in raids. Nerf was to not make them such a massive outlier, which they still will be.

they overnerfed though

honestly I was fine with the S2M nerf, it makes the talent seem far less mandatory

not gaining stacks during dispersion, YAY... I now have a defensive CD again

... but we should still gain stacks during VT imo

Xavius is special since you can pop S2M twice tho. Outside of this fight and maybe Dragons of Nightmare, we are competitive but not that much. Now we will only be on par on Xavius and Dragons, and behind on the others.

Except Fire mage is the strongest caster in raids.

are you seriously using xavius as an example of why the nerfs are fair? lol...

Right. On a fight where we can use S2M TWICE, we do exceptionally well. Why not add something to S2M preventing it from being used twice in the fight then? That would have been a much wiser decision.