Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    So you are saying or at least implying that black people are just inherently inferior human beings, am i getting that right?
    It looks like that's what you're saying if that's what you conclude from the statistical observation that blacks commit more violent crimes than other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    2 (glaring) problems with the OPs post.

#1, Blacks are only 12% of the US population, so adjusted for that Blacks are 3.5 times more likely than Whites to be shot by police. That's what people have been saying all along, that Blacks are far more likely to be shot than Whites, which is exactly what the data shows. The people that do this comparison leave out the more likely part. If more Blacks were shot than Whites being only a minority of the population, that would really be insane.

#2 it doesn't account for the suspicious deaths of Blacks that are not by shooting. The death of Sandra Bland while in police custody by hanging when she had no suicidal signs (after mouthing off to a sheriff with a racist history) was one high profile example. Freddie Grey in Baltimore who somehow died in the back of a police van by blunt force trauma was also highly questionable. There are a lot of these cases that are lower profile. And it raises a lot of questions that Blacks in particular tend to kill themselves while in police custody. If a cop doesn't like you for whatever reason, when you are in police custody and totally in their control it opens the door to all kinds of shady things happening. I know a cop who openly said that if there was someone in custody they didn't like (especially child/woman abusers) that they would sometimes "accidentally" fall down the jail stairs. And he's not racist at all. So you can imagine the things that would happen in some towns where they are.
    You are also ignoring or misrepresenting the problems of your own post, specifically in #1.

If you are 12% of the population, yet adjusting for population, you are more than likely to get shot and killed by the police (if you accept this to be true). Then you must also then accept the simple fact that 75% of these kills were in active threat responses. Or in other words, shit was going down and police responded. Then you must also answer the question that in 870 of those 990 kills, basically almost 90%, there was a deadly weapon involved, whether that be gun, knife, or vehicle. Thus you must also then be over represented in those catagories as well. Thus incriminating black people in being more prone to crime than other cultures/races.

My opinion is that 93 need to be made an example of: fired and jailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    If more Blacks were shot than Whites being only a minority of the population, that would really be insane.
    Almost as insane as there being more black murderers than white murderers, which really is insane when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Might sound weird but 990 per year out of 320 000 000 just doesn't seem like a big deal. Or you can compare it to vehicle deaths per year:

2011 32,479
    2012 33,561
    2013 32,719
    2014 32,675
    Those 990 are just the number of people killed by the police.. the total number is higher, around the same numbers as you wrote, which is so sick it hurts...

Criminals get shot. Boohoo.
    Unarmed doesn't mean they were not resisting arrest.
    Unarmed doesn't mean they were listening to the instructions (reaching to the pocket while they are being told to put hands in the air, and such).
    If a cop is aiming at you, you fucking listen to what he says. They know why they are doing it. One mistake and they are killed by the very criminals you're protecting.
    I would rather have 100 criminals dead than one police officer killed.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Perhaps you could tell this to the Americans when they spend billions fighting "terrorism" which is also a statistically insignificant form of mortality.
    I would agree with that but good thing that has nothing to do with this in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkew View Post
    Criminals get shot. Boohoo.
    Unarmed doesn't mean they were not resisting arrest.
    Unarmed doesn't mean they were listening to the instructions (reaching to the pocket while they are being told to put hands in the air, and such).
    If a cop is aiming at you, you fucking listen to what he says. They know why they are doing it. One mistake and they are killed by the very criminals you're protecting.
    I would rather have 100 criminals dead than one police officer killed.
    Being a cop is not very dangerous.

Can we have thread titled "Peopled Stabbed to Death in the EU!" please?

Seriously this is the big intellectual joke of our time. 1000 people killed by cops last year and a very good majority of them were justified and only a tiny fraction were not. 1 million people die every year from mosquito deaths but I don't think that's going to make the news any time soon.

The media has completely fucked with people's mental priorities of fear and danger to make them scared of everything and oblivious to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    You are also ignoring or misrepresenting the problems of your own post, specifically in #1.

If you are 12% of the population, yet adjusting for population, you are more than likely to get shot and killed by the police (if you accept this to be true). Then you must also then accept the simple fact that 75% of these kills were in active threat responses. Or in other words, shit was going down and police responded. Then you must also answer the question that in 870 of those 990 kills, basically almost 90%, there was a deadly weapon involved, whether that be gun, knife, or vehicle. Thus you must also then be over represented in those catagories as well. Thus incriminating black people in being more prone to crime than other cultures/races.
    If we are talking percentages we can further drill down to 6%. As that is the percentage of black males.

#1, Blacks are only 12% of the US population, so adjusted for that Blacks are 3.5 times more likely than Whites to be shot by police. That's what people have been saying all along, that Blacks are far more likely to be shot than Whites, which is exactly what the data shows. The people that do this comparison leave out the more likely part. If more Blacks were shot than Whites being only a minority of the population, that would really be insane.
    Yet blacks commit more of the crimes, are responsible for more of the shootings. When you factor in racial statistics with the shot by police statistics you get to see a picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Seriously this is the big intellectual joke of our time. 1000 people killed by cops last year and a very good majority of them were justified and only a tiny fraction were not. 1 million people die every year from mosquito deaths but I don't think that's going to make the news any time soon.

The media has completely fucked with people's mental priorities of fear and danger to make them scared of everything and oblivious to reality.
    If they dont do that then they cant cover the race riots they incite.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post

That is because the Democrats have the media in their back pocket. And they want that minority vote. And the way to control the minority vote is to make them think that Conservatives (cops) are out to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What is your opinion on the actual number of people shot dead by the police in the US last year?
    These are the numbers on a population of nearly 320 million people.

I personally find the statistics interesting because I often get a completely different picture from different news/media reportings.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ice-shootings/
    because the left LOVES to spin something that isn't actually a problem. More blacks have killed each other in Chicago alone then soldiers/Marines were killed in 2 years of fighting in Iraq. It isn't a police problem it is a culture problem....but that's none of my business....

Also police get killed in the line of duty too by guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If they dont do that then they cant cover the race riots they incite.
    It's all such a joke. I'm a libertarian so I consider myself opposed to authority generally, which would mean I'm usually not going to side with the cops but this whole thing is just so chock-full of bullshit that I really can't help but be pissed off by how much coverage it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    That is because the Democrats have the media in their back pocket. And they want that minority vote. And the way to control the minority vote is to make them think that Conservatives (cops) are out to get them.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This 100% Now you all know the truth....but the left wing media controlled by the DNC doesn't want you to know the truth even if all you have to do is look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    because the left LOVES to spin something that isn't actually a problem. More blacks have killed each other in Chicago alone then soldiers/Marines were killed in 2 years of fighting in Iraq. It isn't a police problem it is a culture problem....but that's none of my business....

Wasting your energy. You won't change people's mindset. Libs don't believe in stats.
    Good luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Linandra, you should ignore the suicide numbers. People can kill themselves with just about anything, guns are simply seen as a very quick and painless method to do so. Chances are extremely high they would've killed themselves whether they had guns or not. Only the homicides and accidental deaths matter in this context.
    Actually, there was a dramatic drop in suicide rates after Australia banned guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post

Nope, it is a police problem.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What is your opinion on the actual number of people shot dead by the police in the US last year?
    These are the numbers on a population of nearly 320 million people.

I personally find the statistics interesting because I often get a completely different picture from different news/media reportings.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ice-shootings/
    I think the stats themselves are interesting, but I would like to see them integrated more. For instance, in the race category, how many of the black people shot were armed in some way. Same with white.

Oh - it's a dynamic interface. Interesting. Brb.

Ok, very cool. Turns out almost the same number of Black and White men were shot either unarmed or unknown (an interesting and must-be catchall category).

That is very telling.
    Last edited by cubby; 2016-09-24 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Actually, there was a dramatic drop in suicide rates after Australia banned guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, it is a police problem.

Oh...
    It's a police problem that over 3000 people have been killed since Obama's reign has started. And he has not addressed the issue and it is his hometown.
    It also police issue when police actually try to defend themselves against criminals that attack them?