10+ Year Old Account

New patch on PTR September 22

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20294485

I like the controller changes, though it will get some getting used to. I don't think the Rip Tire change will help, since it dies so fast anyway.

I agree Rip Tire needs a buff, but I don't think making the speed it deploys slightly faster is going to do the trick. In my opinion it is the weakest of all the defensive heroes ults, and offense heroes for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ana changes are probably necessary. The Junkrat activation time isn't about making it easier to sneak it in, it's about making Junkrat less vulnerable when he's near the front line and activates it. It's still really good if the enemy team doesn't kill it, so it's not a power issue, it's that it generally either means Junkrat is way behind his line when he fires it off, or he's dead when it explodes because of how long the setup took.

Deleted
    So happy about Ana grenade. She's such a cool hero to play with and it was really annoying to sometimes miss targets by literally an inch because the radius is so super smile.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm most interested in the widowmaker buff personally, she's been kind of a no show in competitive because she just doesn't have the kit to deal with flankers very effectively - she's too immobile. This should help her keep to a more run-n-gun playstyle, but when she sees a shot, swap to it - rather than standing around scoped in just waiting to get flanked.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    So happy about Ana grenade. She's such a cool hero to play with and it was really annoying to sometimes miss targets by literally an inch because the radius is so super smile.
    I think it bears mentioning that it's an AoE increase measured in radius, so it's a much bigger buff than it appears. Current grenade is about 28 square meters, at a 3m radius. At 4m, it's just over 50 square meters, so almost double the area covered.

Really no symmetra changes?

I don't understand how they are satisfied with her and their only justification is that players haven't "figured out her potential yet"

well can you fucking show us? Cause right now she's extremely neeche. Offensive she can work if set up right but if you can't set up than you are a waste of a spot.

Her entire kit needs to change imo. Teleporter needs to go because it's hindering any improvements she can get.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Really no symmetra changes?

I don't understand how they are satisfied with her and their only justification is that players haven't "figured out her potential yet"

well can you fucking show us? Cause right now she's extremely neeche. Offensive she can work if set up right but if you can't set up than you are a waste of a spot.

Her entire kit needs to change imo. Teleporter needs to go because it's hindering any improvements she can get.
    She's in a weird place at the moment. She's a lot of fun to play in quickplay and very niche situations in competitive...but usually it's much, much more efficient to play someone else. She can do a lot of damage if she's able to build up her primary fire long enough but at the same time she needs to be in very close range and lacks any escape tools.

Her teleporter can be very useful but...it also gets destroyed very quickly - much like her turrets - and seasoned players typically know where to look or proactively get rid of them whilst flanking.

I'm honestly surprised that they decided to nerf her damage - especially when they let other heroes have some pretty powerful attacks on a relatively short cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Rip Tire thing still bothers me. To my knowledge, he's the only character who is completely useless during his ult. Even with the increased activation speed, you still have to hide somewhere and hope you're not found while you use it. he's the only character whose ult is destructible. And it's not hard to kill. Its range is pretty low if you do get it off, which means you have to be even closer to get it off, meaning they have even more time to shoot it.

It's a step in the right direction, but I still feel like it's one of the weakest offensive ults. And it makes you super vulnerable.

The activation speed is welcome. Also when did they change it so you can still steer the tire after being shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I agree Rip Tire needs a buff, but I don't think making the speed it deploys slightly faster is going to do the trick. In my opinion it is the weakest of all the defensive heroes ults, and offense heroes for that matter.
    I'd take it any day over McCree's, personally :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is Sombra......?

Someone needs to look in the patch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'd take it any day over McCree's, personally :P
    Really, most of the offense ults are "LOOK AT ME, KILL ME FAST" ults. McCree is a giant glowing guy saying "I'M GONNA KILL A BUNCH OF YOU IN A COUPLE SECONDS, JUST LET ME CHARGE THIS UP AND STAND IN THE OPEN PLEASE. Soldier 76 becomes a target for everyone, and has to be in range to be shot to be able to use it. Pharah's rain of justice ends with her dying WAY more often than she survives it, IME.

Reaper gets a pass because his AoE murder spree kills people so quickly that he can often survive it, Genji's mobility during his keeps him going (and he can deflect), and Tracer's never sticking around after she sticks you. But a lot of the offense ults are just begging to get their hero killed.

Junkrat's arguably way more "safe", and the effectiveness is fine, IMO. I think people who see it get killed every time are playing against Junkrats who drive that thing right down the middle of the hallway straight at the enemy team. It's a small, fast-moving target, and it's mobility is close to Genji's; get SNEAKY. When I play Junkrat (admittedly, not all that often any more), I'm always climbing on top of buildings with the wheel, or sneaking around behind the enemy team with it, or climbing up to their positions, or something, I NEVER take a straight route. The duration on it's pretty generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When I play Junkrat (admittedly, not all that often any more), I'm always climbing on top of buildings with the wheel, or sneaking around behind the enemy team with it, or climbing up to their positions, or something, I NEVER take a straight route. The duration on it's pretty generous.
    Run in into a wall where the enemies can't see it, but close to them still.
    They'll hear it, and be unable to judge exactly when it's coming since it sounds like it's right near them.

Also, this buff just makes the last ditch Junkrat attempts even better, of hopping onto the cart to ult while hoping the team is too distracted to notice you.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-09-24 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Run in into a wall where the enemies can't see it, but close to them still.
    They'll hear it, and be unable to judge exactly when it's coming since it sounds like it's right near them.
    That's one reason I find circling around behind usually confuses them. Take Anubis; you've got three routes into the final point, really; the main gate, and the side paths to the left and right. They're almost never covering all three, as defense, because it splits them up and offense is usually hunkered down on the point, not out chasing them. So if I'm paying attention as Junkrat, I can figure out which of the three they aren't using, and that's the path my tire takes. And then I run into them from behind. The distance it has to cover at those point is short enough they can't easily take it out, and the sound isn't easy to pick out, either. I can also use the tire's climb to switch routes in a second if I see anything hinky; if they start to push the main gate, I can climb over the wall from the left path and drop right into them.

People see the tire as a slow missile, where they just drive it at their target and hope they make it. Treat it like you're a mini-Reaper trying to get your ult off on the enemy. Running right at them ain't gonna work.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Really, most of the offense ults are "LOOK AT ME, KILL ME FAST" ults. McCree is a giant glowing guy saying "I'M GONNA KILL A BUNCH OF YOU IN A COUPLE SECONDS, JUST LET ME CHARGE THIS UP AND STAND IN THE OPEN PLEASE. Soldier 76 becomes a target for everyone, and has to be in range to be shot to be able to use it. Pharah's rain of justice ends with her dying WAY more often than she survives it, IME.

Reaper gets a pass because his AoE murder spree kills people so quickly that he can often survive it, Genji's mobility during his keeps him going (and he can deflect), and Tracer's never sticking around after she sticks you. But a lot of the offense ults are just begging to get their hero killed.

Junkrat's arguably way more "safe", and the effectiveness is fine, IMO. I think people who see it get killed every time are playing against Junkrats who drive that thing right down the middle of the hallway straight at the enemy team. It's a small, fast-moving target, and it's mobility is close to Genji's; get SNEAKY. When I play Junkrat (admittedly, not all that often any more), I'm always climbing on top of buildings with the wheel, or sneaking around behind the enemy team with it, or climbing up to their positions, or something, I NEVER take a straight route. The duration on it's pretty generous.
    Having said that I've been murdered during Riptire a hell of a lot lately :P

P.S. Genji should lose his deflect ability during ulti IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.