Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is PvP actually more of a grind than PvE now?

After finally hitting 110, you have to:

- Grind the honor system
    - Grind RNG gear
    - Grind rating / wins
    - Grind World quests for gear / AP
    - Grind Dungeons / mythics for your artifact

And after that you still end up with a character that mostly only functions in instanced pvp and can hardly hold his own in world pvp.

In previous expansions you could simply ding max level, gear up in a weekend and you would be ready to go.
    For me, it's a bit much and it also seems to have killed any enthousiasm in ym guild about pvping.

What do you think?

Yes.

The only grind for PVP in the past was obtaining conquest gear but everyone could eventually reach that level and there was a catchup mechanism in place.

Currently there is no catchup mechanism (artifact knowledge is a joke and gated by garrisons 3.0) and the disparity between players that have grinded and those that have not is larger than any time in the history of WoW. Even larger than Vanilla PVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    After finally hitting 110, you have to:

- Grind the honor system
    - Grind RNG gear
    - Grind rating / wins

And after that you still end up with a character that mostly only functions in instanced pvp and can hardly hold his own in world pvp.

In previous expansions you could simply ding max level, gear up in a weekend and you would be ready to go.
    For me, it's a bit much and it also seems to have killed any enthousiasm in ym guild about pvping.

What do you think?
    Do you think leveling up and being "ready to go" after a couple of days is considered fun?
    Expansions linger for around 18 months..

Damn, so many people that does not seem to know the concept of a MMO, it baffels me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HASELHOOF View Post
    Do you think leveling up and being "ready to go" after a couple of days is considered fun?

Damn, so many people that does not seem to know the concept of a MMO, it baffels me.
    I don't think the main issue is that you HAVE to gear up.. The issue is Blizzards conflicting statements.. or well, not conflicting to be honest, just those of a poltician..

Let me explain. Blizzard stated that with the new system gear shouldn't matter as much in PvP, comparisons were made that 100 ilvl increase with the new system would equal a 10 ilvl increase with the old for pvp. Which most people thought was fine.

What they didn't say, was that instead, you'd have to farm a ton of Artifact Power.. Is it a must to farm Arti Power? No, but if you don't, you'll always be behind those with more playtime.

I think what has people annoyed is the first statement from Blizzard, which led people that enjoy rated pvp that they could focus on the aspect they enjoy, and still stay competitive. Instead we have the worst PvE grindfest to gear up for PvP since Vanilla..

I think there would be a lot less whine if PvP was actually a valid way of gearing up and getting AP..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HASELHOOF View Post

The PvP aspect was never really part of that experience, nor should it be imo. That's what the large pve part of the game is for.

And what is the concept of a MMO according to you? It just means multiple people can play together in an online enviroment. It has zeor to do with what they do within that concept.

Not only you are lacking the (lets say alt or offspec) traits in your weapon but have you guys noticed how much of a hp disadvantage you get from not having enough points in your weapon ?
    My main is a brewmaster and i wanted to try MW a bit for the lols since tanks are shit in pvp to be honest. I decided to throw in some 5-10 traits in there and couldn't explain why i had around 1.75-1.8 mil hp why everyone else had 2-2.2 mil. Those 0.75% stamina points per traid (not the mention the SKILLS) quickly add up! Kind of made alts gated as fuck!

also i hope sv hunter gets a buff to mobility :/, it seems poor to me atm

15+ Year Old Account
    - Grind the honor system
    - Grind RNG gear
    - Grind rating / wins
    I don't think so.

A lot of the things you listed happen concurrently, or in fact you listed the same things twice.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think?
    Alright, now this bit.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but did the old PvP Gear allow you to hold your own against PvE players in WPvP?

Your example of "gearing up in a weekend", you're talking about getting the blue gear, right? And then after that grind, immediately start the Conquest grind to eventually get your 4 set, then weapon then rings/necks/etc?

That. That was a bit much.

This is much faster and a lot of it came incidentally from doing my WQs and dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post

Alright, now this bit.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but did the old PvP Gear allow you to hold your own against PvE players in WPvP?

Your example of "gearing up in a weekend", you're talking about getting the blue gear, right? And then after that grind, immediately start the Conquest grind to eventually get your 4 set, then weapon then rings/necks/etc?

That. That was a bit much.

This is much faster and a lot of it came incidentally from doing my WQs and dungeons.
    You could get full conquest gear with catchup in ~4-5h playtime arenas.

You could easily play 4-5 characters with little effort. Now even keeping one character takes more time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you suggesting they make an Honour catch up? Not a terrible idea, but definitely not a Season 1 thing. It does make Prestige less of a feat though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always felt like PvP was a grind but that's just me. At least gearing up

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I've always felt like PvP was a grind but that's just me. At least gearing up
    As someone who plays almost exclusively Healers (and towards the end of an expansion, tanks), I find Questing the worst part. Everything after is absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by casperj View Post
    also i hope sv hunter gets a buff to mobility :/, it seems poor to me atm
    Speaking of which, I haven't seen any at 110 when there was plenty in prepatch. Every hunter I see is either a BM or a MM. Mine is BM but has always be BM since BC. Is it that bad for sv atm?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's probably because those who first made a Hunter didn't choose it to play a melee character.

Now that it looks like they're putting the final axe in the PvP towers on Tuesday, I'd say PvP is more so, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Now that it looks like they're putting the final axe in the PvP towers on Tuesday, I'd say PvP is more so, yes.
    They are doing this on purpose in the hopes of boosting PVP participation in randoms and rated but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Only the class changes are coming next week. The rest are in now. EU is only getting 150 per tower now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Only the class changes are coming next week. The rest are in now. EU is only getting 150 per tower now.
    Erm, not quite..

'Warden Tower World Quests now appear three times per day, and each quest is available for 24 hours.'

Meaning the 150 per tower has been in for several days, this one makes it so there will only be 3 towers per day, instead of the 3 sets of 3 we have now. That turns it from 3x3x150=1350 honor per day from towers, to 3x1x150=450 honor per day from towers. Unless I'm completely mistaken, which is possible.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-24 at 03:46 PM.

MMORPG's are all about grind. Not sure if they told you that already.

But.. I am a rogue.

It's an MMO if you don't want to grind why are you here? This is literally the genre you play FOR grinding.

If you just want a competitive game without the grind and persistence then there's dozens upon dozens out there.