Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How big are the frost mage buffs?

Frostbolt damage increased by 8%.
    Ice Lance damage increased by 13%.
    Flurry damage increased by 38%.
    Blizzard damage increased by 36%, and mana cost reduced by 50%.
    Splitting Ice (Talent) now causes 80% of normal damage (up from 50%).
    Ice Nova (Talent) damage increased by 13%.
    Ray of Frost (Talent) damage increased by 28%.
    Glacial Spike (Talent) damage increased by 15%.

How much will this improve our standings in raids and whats it gonna mean for talents?

Probably not enough for Mythics, for anything else it didn't really matter to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Probably not enough for Mythics, for anything else it didn't really matter to begin with.
    Wait for the sims to come out before you claim they're not good enough for Mythics.

maybe the arcane will be more viable with those change not sure if the frost change will make him that strong to mythic

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Wait for the sims to come out before you claim they're not good enough for Mythics.
    sims have been historically wrong for any real world situation.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    sims have been historically wrong for any real world situation.
    say it all you want, sim monkies will never believe you

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    If your frost's artifact is at aprox. 22-23 rank it'll be on par with fire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverixx View Post
    If your frost's artifact is at aprox. 22-23 rank it'll be on par with fire
    Where are you getting this from?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Where are you getting this from?
    Right now? Common sense. Buffing lances on 13% means increase of it's overall by aprox. 20% And so do the rest of abilities. SI buff means we already on par with fire on 2-target encounter, the rest we'll see in sims. And I really think prepatch-style frost is back. We can return to RoF\RoP\GS combo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverixx View Post
    Right now? Common sense.

AKA complete guesswork.

I assume these are new simulations with the buffs blizzard will be releasing.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

There is about 7,000 difference between Frost and Fire on single target. Obviously Fire will still be better on multi-target fights because of ignite.

Aaaaay lmao sims.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I assume these are new simulations with the buffs blizzard will be releasing.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

There is about 7,000 difference between Frost and Fire on single target. Obviously Fire will still be better on multi-target fights because of ignite.
    FrostDK still bottom after their huge buffs, and Havoc 2nd from the bottom, really? LOL, don't know what game they simulate, but it's definitely not WoW.

Deleted
    If you look at the "current hotfix"-Tab you'll see only Warrior, Mage, Demon Hunter and Warlock changes are implemented for now. It will take some time until all profiles are updated.

Deleted
    After some quick math/sims I came to the conclusion, that Frost will be the top dog among the mage specs for ST with maxed out Artifact and talents distributed as
    1X22X11
    Simple reason being that it has the highest scaling factors with crit and haste. Of course it will be beaten to shit by fire/arcane in AoE situations or Myth+ mass pullls, but for 2 Target Cleaves it'll be unbelievably strong.

On a side note: Arcane with 5xAE into Barrage (never AB or AM. Sounds stupid, huh?!) and the occasional MoA is equivalent to fire`s AoE potential, which makes Fire somewhat redundant with higher itemlevels.
    Like all of you I`m going to cry about my fire artifact points and carry on.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Beckster View Post
    Simple reason being that it has the highest scaling factors with crit and haste.
    From what I remember Frost was 10% behind Fire on scaling, so.. This brings them closer, but Fire is still ahead.

Deleted
    what i dont get is that in those sims its always chilled to the bone and no rof, rof combined with icy veins, arti trait cttc, and time warp does some serious dmg (in 845ilvl set im getting 240k ticks or 480k crits now after you reach stack 10) heck during that rof uptime even baton procs always 3+ times
    Last edited by mmoc311035d86b; 2016-09-24 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstrike View Post
    what i dont get is that in those sims its always chilled to the bone and no rof, rof combined with icy veins, arti trait cttc, and time warp does some serious dmg (in 845ilvl set im getting 240k ticks or 480k crits now after you reach stack 10) heck during that rof uptime even baton procs always 3+ times
    I stated, that max dps is with #1 at the lvl-15-talent, which happens to be RoF

@mrgreenthum: Try creating stat weights with maxed out artifacts (the 20/20 can be left out, since it's the same for all specs and rather unrealistic the next couple of weeks). You'll find that int plus the best two stats (crit/haste for frost and crit/vers for fire) will result in a 10% better scaling for frost with low itemlevel and even more so after crit value for fire drops when you can easily reach 70% or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    FrostDK still bottom after their huge buffs, and Havoc 2nd from the bottom, really? LOL, don't know what game they simulate, but it's definitely not WoW.
    dunno what youre smoking but the havoc changes are absolutely massive. theyll be pretty much trash tier in single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    According to early sims they are basically the bottom of the list at 840 ilvl.
    I dont trust sims as theyre usually dead wrong and terrible in real world situations, but really, its basic math. with the current nerfs coming up, a DH that was doing 225k single target would be doing about 190k with the same build. and none of the other worse talents are getting buffed to make up for it. its just bad.

i am excited for the arcane buffs though. glad ive been keeping up in my artifact power for aluneth. hopefully it proves to be great single target as i do find it more fun than fire.