Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Thumbs down Who else is pissed about the nerfs to prot?

These changes piss me off so much. Completely unnecessary and incredibly short sighted. Reducing Shield Slam and Intercept rage are just going to leave us even MORE rage starved in low damage or off tanking situations, and reducing vengeance is just retarded, as it now has almost 0 mitigation value and is purely a dps talent now, effectively destroying the one talent that made the otherwise braindead prot warrior tolerable. Of course, now it's too late to level an alt in time for raiding, so I'm stuck playing with this shit for a while.

I would have much preferred a straight up 15% nerf to IP, which would leave us top dog for now, but more in line with the other tanks.

Edit: For those unclear, Vengeance is a pure dps talent now because the mitigation value of it was that it saved you rage. Every cycle of vengeance saved you a net of 15 rage, meaning that every 2 cycles, you saved enough for another full value ignore pain. Now, a full cycle of vengeance costs us 58.5 rage, meaning that it takes 26 cycles of vengeance to get a single extra Ignore Pain. The only thing it offers is all the extra Focused Rage now.
    Last edited by Herogamer555; 2016-09-24 at 03:58 AM.

People were expecting IP nerfs, they got them. And then some. Indirectly.

Not sure how reducing vengeance by 15% makes it a "purely dps talent now" because it definitely isn't. That being said, I'm not happy with the way they approached nerfing IP. It absolutely needed a nerf, but nerfing rage generation from abilities was not the way to go about it

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    People were expecting IP nerfs, they got them. And then some. Indirectly.
    This is the part that irks me. Instead of just lowering the absorb/absorb amount, the journey towards IP has just been made less interesting. Zzzzzz, great.

Nerfs were going to happen with the amount of crying there were on the forums about Warrior tanks that "need zero heals", and honestly I was expecting the nerfs to be much worse than that. However if they slap an additional IP nerf on top of the current nerfs in a later patch then I will be quite pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Volinor7 View Post
    Not sure how reducing vengeance by 15% makes it a "purely dps talent now" because it definitely isn't. That being said, I'm not happy with the way they approached nerfing IP. It absolutely needed a nerf, but nerfing rage generation from abilities was not the way to go about it
    Because it is now a loss of rage to use most of the time. It mechanically required 50% to have value. .5 +.5 is 1, or a free use of the ability. We no longer use Focused Rage unless you've taken the talent that allows an occasional free use of Focused Rage or are somehow swimming in rage.

On its own, the talent has absolutely no value now besides DPS. It only has value if Focused Rage is procced free.

If your ignore pains will not spend at least like 45 rage every single time, you're better off just using a second ignore pain and not Focused Rage now.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2016-09-24 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    Nerfs were going to happen with the amount of crying there were on the forums about Warrior tanks that "need zero heals", and honestly I was expecting the nerfs to be much worse than that. However if they slap an additional IP nerf on top of the current nerfs in a later patch then I will be quite pissed.
    The IP nerf is still inc they already said it was, but haven't released it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    The IP nerf is still inc they already said it was, but haven't released it yet.
    Did they actually confirm that there is going to be a separated IP nerf, or is that just speculation based on that one forum post by Ornyx?

I'd might stop playing. First time I had a raiding guild at expansion launch since vanilla, ranked top 10 in prot warriors on the two fights my guild could down in heroic (nyth/ursoc). Was enjoying the spec. But the vengeance change will make the class boring. The rage generation nerfs are 'ok' though will make low damage/not tanking situations a little dull and I like the intercept nerf because it normalizes our effectiveness between instances where we can intercept on CD and the ones where we can't.

But the vengeance nerf will make the spec incredibly boring to play. With current vengeance, you get DIFFERENT benefits if you are pulling 10 rage IP or 30 rage IP. You need to plan ahead because if you want to focus your rage into damage, then you need to burn the reduced cost IP at 10 rage, which means you can't get a big IP until you generate 45 more rage.

Post patch, it's just going to be to do your easy rotation and spam IP since it doesn't affect your survivability if you pop em large or small but you want them small to keep refreshing the duration and the 10% damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    Did they actually confirm that there is going to be a separated IP nerf, or is that just speculation based on that one forum post by Ornyx?
    Was in the prot thread you can look there for more information on the exact quote etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Was in the prot thread you can look there for more information on the exact quote etc.
    Not sure how hard it is to understand that this IS a nerf to IP...just because they didn't directly nerf it I guess people don't get it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I could ever get 'pissed' over class balancing.

Woo, Prot was already the lowest damage tank. Now we can go ahead and not be able to use our main form of defense too!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Woo, Prot was already the lowest damage tank. Now we can go ahead and not be able to use our main form of defense too!
    Except we have the strongest single-target dps among tanks right now

Quote Originally Posted by Skerh View Post
    Except we have the strongest single-target dps among tanks right now
    Here are ranks from single target fights, show me where we are #1

Nythendra: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...anks&boss=1853

Ursoc: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...anks&boss=1841

We are competitive with some whoring, but not 1# on any boss.

Deleted
    So how the fuck am i supposed to play now? 2 gcds for enough rage for shieldblock. As i wasn't fucking rage starved enough. This is basicly a huge fuckin unneccesary nerf for every prot who hasn't the extra-rage generating legendary?? Getting 10 rage on ss would have been ok, 5 just seems punishment for them overtuning us a bit in the first place. Also, the new rotation will be clunky. Many IP's will fade. Really hate the way they changed this. We are superreliant on broken scales proc now, which waiting for is a pipedream on hardhitting bosses and tauntrotating will be a nightmare.
    Last edited by mmoc961a6aa380; 2016-09-24 at 07:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    Getting 10 rage on ss would have been ok, 5 just seems punishment for them overtuning us a bit in the first place.
    Shield Slam Rage generation reduced to 10.

You were too good, and now you actually get to make choices. Do you gear haste for more rage, to focus on active tanking, or do you use IP for what it was intended for, a big damage burst (and not a permanent 2m shield). Don't cry because you can no longer just mindlessly hit ignore pain whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Not sure how hard it is to understand that this IS a nerf to IP...just because they didn't directly nerf it I guess people don't get it.
    Yep, people will cry till they see these exact words in balance notes: ignore pain absorb reduced by %??.
    I mean what do you expect of people who bring "1m absorb shield in 5mans" argument to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Davaeorn View Post
    You were too good, and now you actually get to make choices. Do you gear haste for more rage, to focus on active tanking, or do you use IP for what it was intended for, a big damage burst (and not a permanent 2m shield). Don't cry because you can no longer just mindlessly hit ignore pain whenever.
    And here is the mindlessness that lead to the nerf. People always cry about other classes just because they got out performed without knowing what they are talking about.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.