Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    1. destruction warlock. outright, full on, fel power. it's the most capable of wreaking absolute havoc.

2. arcane mage. capable of affecting time and unleashing horrible devastation, the only reason it's second to destruction is because fel can undo the tricks of arcane, like time dilation. i also don't believe that arcane just has the outright destructive capability of fel.
    pretty much this

lock (destro) + mage (arcane)

With the direction the story is going, priests and paladins will be the most powerful classes. Nothing is stronger than the light and the void.
    this might/will actually turn out true, but Priests/Shadow Priests dont have any exampls of this magnitude yet unless you count a Void Lord or a Void Titan as a SP

although maybe A'dal/Prime Naaru as a Holy Priest .. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    this might/will actually turn out true, but Priests/Shadow Priests dont have any exampls of this magnitude yet unless you count a Void Lord or a Void Titan as a SP

although maybe A'dal/Prime Naaru as a Holy Priest .. ?
    i think the problem with it is that a shadow mage or void priest just can't delve deep enough while staying sane. i don't count losing your sanity as a boon, so therefore it forces you to not reach the max of your potential, so it will never be as strong as a warlock or mage who can just reach out and grab as much as they want of their power.

the naaru either show extreme weakness or super power. k'ara wipes out hundreds of iron horde soldiers and like 4 ships all at once, but the naaru in the exodar can't do anything against rakeesh. their power is entirely inconsistent and seems to be plot based instead of based in any lore, so we can't really know how strong naaru are. it would make sense that the light and void are the strongest, but the light seems fickle on how it gives power, and the void can't be accessed to any safe degree past a certain point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    but can someone use the axe better than Brox?
    Brox wasn't that exceptional of a warrior. He was chosen to investigate the strange magic because he was more meditative.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Brox wasn't that exceptional of a warrior. He was chosen to investigate the strange magic because he was more meditative.
    Give the axe to Grom, and watch magic happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know Saurfang is the greatest warrior. He would have flat out severed Sargeras' leg with a pair of nail clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    We all know Saurfang is the greatest warrior. He would have flat out severed Sargeras' leg with a pair of nail clippers.
    Quoting For Truth!

And yet the axe was tailor made for brox
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    And yet the axe was tailor made for brox
    That just gave it its shape, it's not what made the Axe powerful. It's just a shitty wooden axe without the power imbued into it by Cenarius.

10+ Year Old Account
    That just gave it its shape, it's not what made the Axe powerful. It's just a shitty wooden axe without the power imbued into it by Cenarius.
    Even if you look at it that way, Cenarius has the power to even indirectly wound Sargeras. Which means that the guy really doesn't have much other than physical size. Just makes him a bigger target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you look at it that way, Cenarius has the power to even indirectly wound Sargeras. Which means that the guy really doesn't have much other than physical size. Just makes him a bigger target.
    ...using the power of Kalimdor. Azeroth is supposed to have more potential than Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Control to me suggest far more than mages can accomplish in WoW. Slightly influence would be more appropriate and the ability to teleport anywhere they want is also a bit of a stretch given they can't do that either in game or in the first few books I read. In game they can at least go to capital cities but a hearthstone seems just as capable and it is a rock.
    Just have to agree to disagree, I think. "Control Time" to me doesn't suggest complete mastery.

In-lore, mages teleport where ever they please. Players are often brought to places where no portals have been officially established, and mages tend to just pop up anywhere, both in WoW and WC3. Khadgar even opens a portal from Draenor to Azeroth, which means moving through both time and space. There's no big ritual, either, the dude just throws it up.

The only caveat is that it's "illegal" to establish a portal without permission from the mages at large. IIRC it doesn't specify the "Kirin Tor", just says something about a mage collective. This does mean that mages can open portals to and from anywhere, though. It also doesn't make much sense to me lore-wise that blink would literally only work 15 yards forward, but that's an assumption.

On a related note, are Hearthstones even canon? Does anybody ever use or mention them in the story? I always thought they were purely a gameplay convenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    The only caveat is that it's "illegal" to establish a portal without permission from the mages at large. IIRC it doesn't specify the "Kirin Tor", just says something about a mage collective. This does mean that mages can open portals to and from anywhere, though. It also doesn't make much sense to me lore-wise that blink would literally only work 15 yards forward, but that's an assumption.

There's also: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Thinking_wi...r_Portal_Usage

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    On a related note, are Hearthstones even canon? Does anybody ever use or mention them in the story? I always thought they were purely a gameplay convenience.
    They are, but rare.

Shamans.

Thrall was strong enough to step in for the aspect of earth.
    It's never outright stated, but troughout the order champaign for shamans, you're treated as if you're the strongest shaman who has lived for millenia.

Player character shaman > Thrall >= aspect of earth

Me > deathwing
    I've no idea what to write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I think I can sort this into tiers.

1. Arcane Mage, Destruction Warlock
    Both have valid arguments to be the strongest. Controling the Arcane is to control the very reality we live in. Warlocks are willing to use any means to eliminate anything in front of them.

2. Shaman (in general), Monks (in general).
    The Shaman are as powerful as the elements let them to be. Some Shaman loyal to more powerful Elementals like Ragnaros have near world-shaping power. Whats scary is that Azeroth's elementals aren't even the strongest out there. Monk's power is theoretically limitless as well, but still theoretical.

3. Shadow Priests, Retribution Paladins.
    Light and Shadow's purist champions. Their strength is that of the Light and Shadow. The Void has devoured entire worlds, the Light has saved them. Two sides of the same coin.

4. Everything else

5. Outlaw Rogues, Warriors (in general).
    The only guys who don't use some kind of magic. Sorry =(

10+ Year Old Account
    If you broaden the definition of power, I'm going to say paladins.

No one else is capable of inspiring armies to rise up and fight for the greater good like a paladin. I'd like to see a how a warlock fares against the forces of justice, oh wait, we will.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2016-09-23 at 05:10 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Like others have already said, it's the destruction warlock. Rest of the warlock specs and arcane mage are next.

Still he managed to slaughter the entire Pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Still he managed to slaughter the entire Pantheon.
    he not only killed the entire panteon, but their power was enough to kill stars. that's plural, as in multiple stars.

if the great dark is as vast as said, then it must be comparable to our real universe. do you know how far apart most stars are irl? multiple multiple lightyears apart. their power killed stars across multiple lightyears of distance.

so, they need to either retcon that event away. or they need to say that azeroth put some of her power into it as well, her spiritual energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he not only killed the entire panteon, but their power was enough to kill stars. that's plural, as in multiple stars.

if the great dark is as vast as said, then it must be comparable to our real universe. do you know how far apart most stars are irl? multiple multiple lightyears apart. their power killed stars across multiple lightyears of distance.

so, they need to either retcon that event away. or they need to say that azeroth put some of her power into it as well, her spiritual energy.
    Or maybe at this point we have mortals with Dragon Ball-like power. We do manage to kill some pretty big things, and when you think about it we could take hits from Deathwing. We resisted the power of the Elemental Lords, even Murmur. We defeated TONS of beings with world shaping power. Surely Cenarius and Brox were at that level as well. Azeroth's heroes might not even need any tricks to take on Sargeras. Maybe it just takes 10 or 25 of us throwing spells up at him in order to slay him.

Deleted
    When do you think we will reach this level of stupidity in WoW Dragon Ball reached in the last years?