Got a few mythic+ questions if you will.

Stuff is confusing to me, so:

1. Does loot drop on mythic+ no matter what, and is this a one time thing? Say i miss the timer i still get loot, can i run it over again for more loot?
    2. How much gear can i get next week from the cache? Can i just keep running them with other peoples keystones and get that loot as well?
    3. When should i stop lol?

I am just wondering what i should do this week to get the best gear i can for next week (i assume just look in grp finder for the highest mythic+ i can find?)

Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Stuff is confusing to me, so:

1. Does loot drop on mythic+ no matter what, and is this a one time thing? Say i miss the timer i still get loot, can i run it over again for more loot?
    2. How much gear can i get next week from the cache? Can i just keep running them with other peoples keystones and get that loot as well?

I am just wondering what i should do this week to get the best gear i can for next week (i assume just look in grp finder for the highest mythic+ i can find?)

Thanks.
    1: Yes loot drops, but only after you are done with the entire dungeon. If you miss the timer, you will still get loot, but your keystone will not level anymore that week and you will not be able to get more gear through it.
    2: You proberly get 1 piece of loot from the cache each week. It will not increase by the number of dungeons you run. You can keep running Mythic+ dungeons for loot, aslong as you are using an active keystone= a keystone, where the holder has not failed a timerun.
    3: You should stop when you are not getting upgrades from the standard gear When you have that, you should really only strive for 1 single high mythic+ dungeon and just wait for the weekly cache

Edit for number 1: The amount of "gear" which drops from the dungeon is determined on how fast you are. Depending on the time, there can be 1-3 chests at the end.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    1: Yes loot drops, but only after you are done with the entire dungeon. If you miss the timer, you will still get loot, but your keystone will not level anymore that week and you will not be able to get more gear through it.
    2: You proberly get 1 piece of loot from the cache each week. It will not increase by the number of dungeons you run. You can keep running Mythic+ dungeons for loot, aslong as you are using an active keystone= a keystone, where the holder has not failed a timerun.
    3: You should stop when you are not getting upgrades from the standard gear When you have that, you should really only strive for 1 single high mythic+ dungeon and just wait for the weekly cache

Edit for number 1: The amount of "gear" which drops from the dungeon is determined on how fast you are. Depending on the time, there can be 1-3 chests at the end.
    Thanks for that. My only lone other question would be this, i have the keystone for court of stars but ive been told this is one of the worst ones to have. Should i just ignore my key for this week and join someone elses group? (ive been told maw is the easiest to beat at higher + levels). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

If you're going to answer questions, atleast know what you're talking about.

1. If you miss the timer, you still get loot BUT your keystone becomes depleted. You can run the same dungeon again using the depleted keystone. If you successfully complete the dungeon this time around, your keystone recharges.

2. Loot is personal. 2 pieces at the end of a run, in a chest, which is decided by personal loot. We all crashed when looting the chest, so gear was mailed to characters and was not tradeable.

Dont run anything higher than a +3 for just gear this week. All loot this week from M+ are capped at 850 base. Next week the cap is removed and you can really go nuts on gear.

Where the hell did you get that from? Its 1 chest with 2 items. Period.

Off the front page:
    *Keystones are upgraded when you complete a Mythic+ dungeon, with the amount of the upgrade determined by how much you beat the timer by.
    *If you don't beat the timer, your keystone will be depleted.
    *Depleted keystones can still be used to start additional runs, but those runs won't give a loot chest at the end.
    *If you do beat the timer on a depleted keystone run, your keystone will be upgraded and empowered again, so you can attempt the next difficulty level for loot.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2016-09-24 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Originally, there was a system where if you completed the run fast enough, you could skip M+ levels... beating Mythic 2 fast enough could give you a Mythic 4 or Mythic 5 keystone, for instance. When that happened, you got extra loot for the levels you skipped over, so that you aren't penalized for doing well.

I don't know if that actually went live or not, but that's what he was referring to.... so technically, you still only get 2 pieces of loot per level of M+, you just might get credit for multiple levels at once

That's incorrect, I did maw of souls lvl 3 in 14 mins 12 seconds and got 3 chests.

If you're going to answer questions, atleast know what you're talking about.

Don't be a dick, especially when you are wrong. We did +3 neth tonight and at the end had two chests and the keystone went from 3 to 5. So we had a chest for 3 and a chest for 4.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Originally, there was a system where if you completed the run fast enough, you could skip M+ levels... beating Mythic 2 fast enough could give you a Mythic 4 or Mythic 5 keystone, for instance. When that happened, you got extra loot for the levels you skipped over, so that you aren't penalized for doing well.

I don't know if that actually went live or not, but that's what he was referring to.... so technically, you still only get 2 pieces of loot per level of M+, you just might get credit for multiple levels at once
    This does seem to be in place, finished a +2 Neltharion's Lair in 15mins, 3 chests at the end and next keystone was a +5 Halls of Valor.

Players receive a chest at the end of the Mythic+ Dungeon for completing the dungeon and another chest for beating the timer. Players will receive a third chest at the end of the week (after weekly reset) with the gear determined by the best Mythic+ run you did that week. The number of items in the chest (not just gear pieces but also Artifact Power items) is determined by the level of Mythic+ ran (for example, Mythic+3 chests drop three pieces of loot). The loot awarded from chests is personal.

You can get loot from Mythic+ Dungeons by using another player's keystone. All players in the group receive loot for being part of the Mythic+ run no matter who used the keystone.

When you want to.

Dont run anything higher than a +3 for just gear this week. All loot this week from M+ are capped at 850 base. Next week the cap is removed and you can really go nuts on gear.
    Its not all loot that is capped at 850 either, if you clear M10 this week you will get 880s from the class hall chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangdraxx View Post
    This does seem to be in place, finished a +2 Neltharion's Lair in 15mins, 3 chests at the end and next keystone was a +5 Halls of Valor.
    Excellent, good to know! (My current schedule sees me playing mostly on Sunday/Monday, so that's when I'll be pushing those hard.)

Iirc the timers for extra chests are 60% for 3 and 80% for 2 of the time. i.e. if you have an overall timer of 35 mins if you finish the run at sub 21 mins(60%) you get 3 chests and your keystone gets upgraded by 3. Can reccomend the addon gotta go fast for accurate timers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNight at MMOC View Post
    The loot awarded from chests is personal.

You can get loot from Mythic+ Dungeons by using another player's keystone. All players in the group receive loot for being part of the Mythic+ run no matter who used the keystone.
    From a guild perspective, its a great way to gear people up, if you're willing/able to take on the handicap of having a less geared participant.

Since even the "lowlevel" gear from rank2/3 keystones are still useful upgrades in most cases, you can stack 1 or 2 armor classes in your group, finish the run at silver/gold, and then trade the pieces to whoever in the group wants/needs them most.

I don't see much of an upside (this week) towards doing higher rank keystones, except to explore the challenge. And of course the friendly competition with guildies on the rankings. =)