Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    because those rankings account for damage done to bosses AND trash, not just boss encounters.
    Yea see thats what I thought as well. That would make sense as again our AOE was insane and needed tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Hopefully OP is being sarcastic. You are finally in line with other classes and not a faceroll class anymore, you should be happy that you have to have skill to be good now.
    Yep, now that Demon Blades is actually a thing, much skill, such gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    because those rankings account for damage done to bosses AND trash, not just boss encounters.
    Incorrect!!!

That is not trash damage that is ADD damage. Huge difference! HUGE!!

Add damage is usually more important than boss damage and at higher difficulty levels it is ALWAYS more important.

The nerfs seem heavy handed but arguing DH was not OP is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Incorrect!!!

That is not trash damage that is ADD damage. Huge difference! [SIZE=]HUGE!![/SIZE]

Add damage is usually more important than boss damage and at higher difficulty levels it is ALWAYS more important.

No one's saying Havoc didn't need a nerf.

It's AoE burst was strong. Really strong. That needed to be brought more in line with other classes.

The problem isn't that the AoE was nerfed... the problem was that it was also a pretty heavy nerf to Havoc's single-target DPS, which was already average at best. Barely keeping up with most of the other specs that also happened to just get buffed.

Havoc is going to be one of the lowest single-target DPS specs in the game now, and it's only going to have "okay" AoE to compensate. These nerfs were WAY too huge.

these are negligible dh nerfs, its just a slight cutback on our free aoe for nothing, class will still be great
    edit: glaive toss does a little less yes. blood let was asinine and retarded, this will open up other playstyle options
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    No one's saying Havoc didn't need a nerf.

It's AoE burst was strong. Really strong. That needed to be brought more in line with other classes.

The problem isn't that the AoE was nerfed... the problem was that it was also a pretty heavy nerf to Havoc's single-target DPS, which was already average at best. Barely keeping up with most of the other specs that also happened to just get buffed.

Havoc is going to be one of the lowest single-target DPS specs in the game now, and it's only going to have "okay" AoE to compensate. These nerfs were WAY too huge.
    As I said they seemed too much but I do not know the breakdown of DH damage or care enough to look it up. But someone could easily pull up the percentages from warcraftlogs and math it out if they felt it proved their point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Vamp View Post
    these are negligible dh nerfs, its just a slight cutback on our free aoe for nothing, class will still be great
    edit: glaive toss does a little less yes. blood let was asinine and retarded, this will open up other playstyle options
    Uh no. Bloodlet/throw glaive was the main source of our st dps outside of meta. So no, dh is not fine. Dh is dead.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They may be nerfed, but I'm so not keen on giving up my Demon Hunter. First, I've progressed so far since Legion launched. Second, who'd wanna give up double jumping and pseudo-flying!? Not me!

10+ Year Old Account
    With those changes i feel like i am double jumping to the gound on the meters and pseudo-landing on it instead of flying

lol xD

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Hopefully OP is being sarcastic. You are finally in line with other classes and not a faceroll class anymore, you should be happy that you have to have skill to be good now.
    no thanks.

i prefer ease and speed.

Deleted
    I like how Havoc got so nerfed, but nothing about Fire mage? Fire mage's aoe is just the same as Havoc's, seen mages do 2-4mil DPS on big packs, holy shit we got rekt !

Cry me a river DHs. you are being brought in line with everyone else. QQ more.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Yup. Being brought from high AoE and average single-target to average AoE and garbage single-target... in the same patch that "everyone else" is also being buffed?

Gonna be so balanced. Can't wait.

Don't know whats worse. The nerf or this cancerous drivel.

Looking at them overall, DHs were hit the hardest, which is no suprise. Im pretty sure they werent doing that amazing single target but now theyre definitely not.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be worse.

Could be Frost Death Knights.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Could be worse.

Actually i think dh will be lower than dk frost is right now and dk frost could even be were we are right now, just speculating thou, but im nowhere near happy with these nerfs at all, with these nerfs blizz is just confirming me how stupid they are, its kinda sad, such a good expansion and such shitty class tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Could be worse.

You mean the spec that got sweeping buffs to them bringing them further up the line of classes in dps?

I couldn't care less about having overpowered AoE. There's no fight in EN where that matters, only trash. Il'gynoth is the only one I've seen where we can, and that's on Ichors. It literally does not matter at all. I'm very frustrated that our mediocre single target DPS is being gutted, and what's worse is that people who have no idea how to play a DH are showing their ignorance and claiming it was deserved.

This is entirely Blizzard's fault. They made the majority of our abilities deal AoE damage, and made them good on single target but without any diminishing returns. Make it so the first target hit takes the brunt of the damage and suddenly it's a lot less of a problem on AoE, and we do better single target to boot. Broad nerfs only hurt us and it shows Blizzard doesn't understand how Havoc works.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Incorrect!!!

That is not trash damage that is ADD damage. Huge difference! HUGE!!

Your concept of OP is fkn hilarious considering we're within 5% damage of Outlaw, Fire, Arcane, Feral, Arms, Marks, Shadow and Windwalker across ALL BOSSES. Better? Sure. Apparently by 0.4% of the nearest spec. WHOOOOAAAAAA THAT'S INSANE!!!! OP!!!!!!

I agree we could have done with a reduction in our AOE (predominantly the burst aspect). But they barely even touched that and instead play with Throw Glaive. By your own admission you dont know shit about this class, what are you doing here arguing about this? But hey, let's ignore the fact that on single target fights, BEFORE THIS NERF, we were the ~12th ranked ST spec on Ursoc and complain about more because we dont know shit about the game!

Let me try.... NERF FROST MAGES!!!!