Quote Originally Posted by Uaeko View Post
    Shield Block and Vers are our friends at that point I assume.
    This is true, but if the IP amount is being chewed through in a single GCD I don't think block and versatility will make up for it

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    Is anyone else concerned that IP is not going to hold up in Mythic EN?

I know everything thus far has been trivial including Heroic EN. My concern right now is that IP is not really going to scale enough with the damage jump we will see in Mythic. Once IP starts getting eaten on the gcd, which it most definitely will, warrior is left pretty exposed.

I dunno, maybe I'm just paranoid.
    For sure, but DK is in that boat and so is DH. So either the tuning won't be that brutal or the gear will scale otherwise you are looking at Pallys and Maybe Druids being the only viable Mythic tanks, which I don't think will be the case. Haste Vers and SB and hope for procs and just keep that IP up. I don't think it is going to be as bad as folks think, but it won't be lol ezmode like a lot thought it would be.

Deleted
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...ore-mechanics/

Well the nerf is not going to help it being useful in Mythic

Deleted
    -Vengeance (Talent) Rage cost reduction reduced to 35%.
    -Intercept Rage generation reduced to 10.
    -Shield Slam Rage generation reduced to 10.

well they didn't touch ignore pain, but even less rage from rotation is kinda sucky when doing easy stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...ore-mechanics/

Well the nerf is not going to help it being useful in Mythic
    Man, I hope they just nerf the "stacking" capability. I don't need 5 million IP shields in Mythic dungeons. But if they nerf the amount that's gonna be bad news in the harder content. Stacking does not work on fights like HC Ursoc where your ~1million shields disappear as soon as you make them.

This worries me. I'm still traumatized by the first half of WOD where warriors were nerfed so hard from beta that they were seen as a liability tank. Remember trade chat? "Looking for tank CM gold no warriors".

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

well they didn't touch ignore pain, but even less rage from rotation is kinda sucky when doing easy stuff.
    So with vengeance, IP/FR will now cost 20 rage instead of 15. Along with 10 less rage for shield slam and intercept. That sounds pretty bad.
    Last edited by mmocfc1af170a3; 2016-09-24 at 02:58 AM.

IP is still getting nerfed, they said it earlier today. We're fucked.
    twitch.tv/heavenscalamity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenscalamity View Post
    IP is still getting nerfed, they said it earlier today. We're fucked.
    the note on top of the hotfix notes seems to imply to me that this is the nerf they were referring too.

nerf the spell itself or how often you can use it, result is the same.

the note on top of the hotfix notes seems to imply to me that this is the nerf they were referring too.

nerf the spell itself or how often you can use it, result is the same.
    "It does look as though Ignore Pain is currently performing stronger than we'd like, so I would expect to see it come down a bit soon.

Be on the lookout for a balance change on Ignore Pain in an upcoming hotfix.

Thanks for all the feedback here!"

Specifically references a direct change to IP, not an indirect one via resources. It's still coming.

Deleted
    "It does look as though Ignore Pain is currently performing stronger than we'd like, so I would expect to see it come down a bit soon.

Thanks for all the feedback here!"

Specifically references a direct change to IP, not an indirect one via resources. It's still coming.
    well if you want to get into semantics, it referneces a change to "ignore pains performance", not "ignore pain". and "change on [performance]" instead of "change to [spell]".
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-09-24 at 03:02 AM.

well if you want to get into semantics, it referneces a change to "ignore pains performance", not "ignore pain".

????

extra rage gen goes directly to ignore pain... There could be more, but this does affect ignore pain. I would rather have had them nerf rage from damage taken instead of shieldslam though...

This pisses me off.

Not only do they not touch the boring ability that is IP, but they lower the importance of properly managing our CDs & rotation to maximize that boring ability. Any nerf directly to IP, I probably could deal with, regardless of what the numbers say... But this? This is making a dumb class even dumber.

Just give us the WoD playstyle back.

Question: Will our stat priority change, based on the new hotfix? Opinions/numbers?

I can understand and IP nerf but why the rage nerf? Especially with and inc IP nerf seems like a chainsaw instead of a scalpel still.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    This pisses me off.

Not only do they not touch the boring ability that is IP, but they lower the importance of properly managing our CDs & rotation to maximize that boring ability. Any nerf directly to IP, I probably could deal with, regardless of what the numbers say... But this? This is making a dumb class even dumber.

Just give us the WoD playstyle back.
    So this probably pushes us into Into the Fray or Booming Voice, and we become a braindead spec that just bashes 3 buttons on GCD for our rotation and 2 buttons off GCD (Shield block/ IP) since you want the smallest rage IP possible for maximum uptime on renewed fury.

I'm sure warriors will still be viable. It will just be boring as hell.

These nerfs, together, are actually huge.
    So, before, Vengeance allowed us to change IP from 20-60 to 10-30. Focused Rage was 15 instead of 30. So, we could get a max IP with 45 rage. With the 35% change to Vengeance, we're now looking at IP cost of 13-39, with Focused rage costing 19.5. So a full IP will cost 58.5 rage, instead of 45. Without the rage nerf, I'd say this is okay. But consider this. Assuming you're using a raging Furystone, you're starting a pull with 25 rage + 15 SS. 40 Rage to start. Now, we're looking at 12.5+ 10, 22.5 rage. You're barely going to be getting off a minimum value IP, let alone Shield Block. In addition, it's going to be nearly impossible to keep your IP stacks in between pulls with Intercept's rage generation being so low. I know we needed a hit, but I feel so squishy without IP up, I feel like this was not the way to go. Maybe one or the other, or lower IP's maximum amount by 20%, or only block 85 or 80% instead of 90. I hate these changes.

????
    this IS the hotfix - they chose to nerf rage regen which indirectly nerfs IP usage...as in, you can't spam it as much - got it?

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    this IS the hotfix - they chose to nerf rage regen which indirectly nerfs IP usage...as in, you can't spam it as much - got it?
    Yes, I'm aware of how an indirect nerf is a nerf. The verbiage they used in the blue post pointed towards a DIRECT nerf, learn to fucking read people.

Yes, I'm aware of how an indirect nerf is a nerf. The verbiage they used in the blue post pointed towards a DIRECT nerf, learn to fucking read people.
    I think you need to A) calm down and B) realize that he didn't know what the changes were going to be for IP as he is a CM (aka the messenger) not a Developer (aka the person(s) making the changes)...this is the IP change. Instead of making IP flat out weaker, they chose to nerf the ability to use IP more often which is actually worse than just nerfing the absorb amount by X% as that would have been preferable - this effects more than just IP.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2016-09-24 at 06:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Especially with and inc IP nerf
    Why do people keep trying.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog