Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    I'm also curious as to why these screeches also start while boomy / resto though. Since I didn't read anything from beta, are we positive this is for the actual feral skin? I realize it does say a 'feral' screech, just don't understand why it's not showing just for ferals.
    It seems hidden artifact appearances are not spec-restricted, since the method is different for each spec's hidden appearance, it's not like you are going to have loot conflicts. Some people have reported looting the guardian hidden appearance item from Ursoc while in other specs/loot specs, so it probably doesn't matter for feral or any other spec.

Deleted
    You just need to have the artifact to be able to get the appearance. Friend of mine got resto shaman hidden artifact whilst playing elemental for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    RNGesus why do you hate me so 4th day no screech. Has anyone tried looking around on the ground after the buff goes away? Maybe the creature that darts away drops a clue to what to do next? or maybe the time of day plays into it? has anyone done it at night time? I doubt this would effect it but it is a Moon Spirit right?

Also, when you click on the stone, does it disappear at that moment? Can you do anything more with it? The other stones in the Protectors quest, we had to do something near them. Maybe we have a 20 second window to do something more with the stone.
    Last edited by Razari; 2016-09-24 at 02:02 AM.

Well, might not be related, or not the next step at all, but I keep noticing the first boss in dark thicket(I think it's called? the one with Shade of Xavus at the end.) well the first boss always mention the presence of a powerful druid(I'm guessing me), and I'm sure he mentioned the fang at least once to me. I can't help but think he plays a part in the hidden skin somehow.

As for the stones, Well it's obviously a daily thing right? So that would mean chasing the ghost for the day somehow. or use the power. The quest dumps stuff is probably to make the stone spawn(screech in x zone true) and make it not respawn(touched = true). It could be as an indication for the next step too, but I'd say it's more of a "single attempt" thing.
    Last edited by Jawstrock; 2016-09-24 at 02:21 AM.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    Well, might not be related, or not the next step at all, but I keep noticing the first boss in dark thicket(I think it's called? the one with Shade of Xavus at the end.) well the first boss always mention the presence of a powerful druid(I'm guessing me), and I'm sure he mentioned the fang at least once to me. I can't help but think he plays a part in the hidden skin somehow.
    He says something for all druids regarding their spec/artifact. I don't think they are connected.

I started receiving the screeches two days ago, and they seemed to trigger on me hitting revered with all the broken isle factions.

Things I have completed:
    - Rank 4 Artifact knowledge
    - Revered with all the broken isle factions
    - Cleared Emerald Nightmare on normal difficulty (I don't believe this is a requirement, but after completing the raid I did a world quest in Val'sharah the pushed me to revered. So it may have relevance.)

Things I don't believe trigger the screeches:
    - Your current specialization (was in balance spec when I got my first screech)
    - Having a specific pet (I did not have a pet out, nor do I own any of the pets that people believe have relevance)
    - Combat companion (I have Narlex as my companion, but he doesn't seem to have any relevance/effect on the screeches)

I have gone through two separate portals after receiving the screeches from them and clicked on the stones in each zone. Got the usual buff followed by the emote of something darting away from behind and then silence. Attempted to stealth immediately looking for something to follow, looked for minimap markers after turning on track beasts, and looked for other items in the zone without any luck so far.

Speculations:
    It seems the screeches are from unique portals. Since the screeches have been noted to come from three separate portals, and the screeches I received were from two different portals. So I'm starting to think that you have to click on the stones from all three before another event is triggered. I won't know for sure until I complete the third portal tomorrow, but I will report back on my findings.
    Last edited by theshaft; 2016-09-24 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    The only thing that triggers the screeches is reaching AK4, I got my first the very day I picked the 4th AK and had nothing else specific happening that day, and other people even reported getting screeches while only honored with dreamweavers.

Deleted
    What does not take effect when used before or after touching the stone:
    - death,
    - Skagglydrynk,
    - Moonfeather Statue (revered Dreamweavers toy),
    - all emotes,
    - running around (searching),
    - beast tracking,
    - all druid forms,
    - stampeding roar/dash/displacer beast
    - "Flap" while in Moonkin form,
    - running to Dreamway before buff runs out,
    - stealth,
    - Owlkitten pet

Buffs ("Mark of the Moonspirit") have three different IDs:
    226156 - Duskwood
    226157 - Feralas
    226158 - Hinterlands

Stones disappear when not clicked, after approx 24 hours (maybe a bit more/less).

Deleted
    More helpfull info, date : 24-Sep-2016.

- I hear the strange feral screech from Feralas gateway, as soon as I use the druid spell Dreamwalk and the screen loads.

http://imgur.com/a/a3f5A

- I enter the portal and start searching around the portal as I assumed it would be not too close but not too far from it.

http://imgur.com/a/X5JIi

- I test the value of the quest with the following script:

/dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44327)

http://imgur.com/a/Exw1k

- I keep searching for it, in the end I found it exactly at this point, and this happened:

http://imgur.com/a/DQhKb Point found.

http://imgur.com/a/N3tWb That emote happened.

Hope all this info was usefull, I will keep you all updated if something else happens. Keep in mind I did this as Guardian druid, so it is not bound to happen only for ferals!

If you want to support me in any way, follow my stream where I do this things live while playing. https://www.twitch.tv/mrslimlite

Got my second screech today, in Hinterlands again. Haven't found the stone yet and the /dump quest active tracker shows "false", so I'm confused.
    Last edited by Daan; 2016-09-24 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    Had it in hinterlands yesterday, got the buff, got it in hinterlands again today, tried leaving an offering of dead deer, tried running back to moonglades, nothing but maybe it's to do more with hyjal? I remember reading somewhere thats where the wild gods hung out a lot, so perhaps it's lurking in hyjal or maybe even try wearing hyjal's tabbard. Also has anyone tried potion of detect invisibility?

Ok guys so here is some info. The only "famous" owlcats are Yowlon, who is in Suramar, and a Wild God Ela'Lothen, location unknown. She is probably the one who will give us the appearance, but my theory is it is through Yowlon we meet her. Something i've been thinking about is if there is any way to get to Yowlon in Suramar before the 20sec buff expires. I haven't gotten screech since thinking of this so haven't had a chance to try it but I don't know if there is any way to get from the stone to Yowlon in 20 sec. One idea I had was running back to portal and using Dreamwalk to tp to him but after Dreamwalk you end up a bit away from him so it seems impossible to run from stone to portal and then dreamwalk and then run to him in 20 seconds. If anyone have any idea on how this could be possible let's discuss!

Just had a screech today, iv had 2x Feralas tho.... so no idea if that counts to the 2nd or iv just done the same one twice with no real reason. AK4 and 11.k5/12k honored.

Next day without a screech T_T. I hate my luck.

Anyway, we're likely supposed to do something within the duration of the buff. Did anyone actually test, if returning to the dreamway with the buff does anything (e.g. maybe it's about enabling all stones within a day, and the buff allows you to get a second/third roll for the screech per day?)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could ask for a warlock summon?

Quote Originally Posted by Iraniboy View Post
    Ok guys so here is some info. The only "famous" owlcats are Yowlon, who is in Suramar, and a Wild God Ela'Lothen, location unknown. She is probably the one who will give us the appearance, but my theory is it is through Yowlon we meet her. Something i've been thinking about is if there is any way to get to Yowlon in Suramar before the 20sec buff expires. I haven't gotten screech since thinking of this so haven't had a chance to try it but I don't know if there is any way to get from the stone to Yowlon in 20 sec. One idea I had was running back to portal and using Dreamwalk to tp to him but after Dreamwalk you end up a bit away from him so it seems impossible to run from stone to portal and then dreamwalk and then run to him in 20 seconds. If anyone have any idea on how this could be possible let's discuss!
    My theory and explanation:

One day one of us will be able to see something when we touch the stones that might move us closer to getting the appearance. My reasoning is based on the fact that touching the stones resets everyday. If we were meant to collect all 3 stones, we'd be able to track all 3 every day, but people can only get "true" when they run the script on today's stone. Unless there's another way they're tracking how many stones we've collected. It's possible that when we go higher on Artifact Knowledge more stones will activate, however the spells database only has 3 recorded so far.

Sounds like it's going to be as RNG as the resto and guardian appearances. The 20 second buff theory is interesting, and people are getting creative with it, dying, teleporting, shapeshifting, etc, but it sounds like a distraction.

I enjoy the creative thinking pouring from the community, but the cynical in me doubts that Blizzard was able to find a creative way to obtain the skin and it will all be down to RNG luck.

Having said that, with the thousands of users out there looking for this, one of us must've already seen something else spawn... unless the spawn is gated behind Artifact Knowledge (just like the screeches were).

Aaaaah, such fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the feral screech text when I dreamwalked back to emerald dreamway after killing heroic xavius.
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2016-09-24 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    I just got the feralas emote today, I'm maining Guardian and my Feral artifact is still level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivram View Post
    My theory and explanation:

One day one of us will be able to see something when we touch the stones that might move us closer to getting the appearance. My reasoning is based on the fact that touching the stones resets everyday. If we were meant to collect all 3 stones, we'd be able to track all 3 every day, but people can only get "true" when they run the script on today's stone. Unless there's another way they're tracking how many stones we've collected. It's possible that when we go higher on Artifact Knowledge more stones will activate, however the spells database only has 3 recorded so far.

Sounds like it's going to be as RNG as the resto and guardian appearances. The 20 second buff theory is interesting, and people are getting creative with it, dying, teleporting, shapeshifting, etc, but it sounds like a distraction.

I enjoy the creative thinking pouring from the community, but the cynical in me doubts that Blizzard was able to find a creative way to obtain the skin and it will all be down to RNG luck.

Having said that, with the thousands of users out there looking for this, one of us must've already seen something else spawn... unless the spawn is gated behind Artifact Knowledge (just like the screeches were).

Aaaaah, such fun!

I agree with you. If it were attainable by ordinary means someone would have gotten it by now.

It's either stupid RNG (remember the pink hippogryph!) or a severe case of gating behind rep/AK/number of stones clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Got my second screech today, in Hinterlands again. Haven't found the stone yet and the /dump quest active tracker shows "false", so I'm confused.
    I got 2 screech in hinterlands aswell, I never found the second stone and it was 2 days ago. Haven't received a screech since.

I got my first screeching today. For Duskwood. I also found and touched the stone there - after that nothing occured.

I'm at rank 4 for artifact power (didn't occur the same day I hit 4.). I am NOT revered with all the Legion factions.

The scrips confirmed true for:

* Dreamway event

* Duskwood trigger

* Duskwood touched

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |