Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard: "well only do small nurfs to not unbalance classes to much"

Well there goes that blizzard philosophy, 30% on core single target abilities that effect AoE, YA okay AoE was strong but our AoE is also single target damage.

On top of the 30% glaive toss reduction the talent goes from 200% to 100% bleed, THATS HUGE. definitely going to destroy my rotation/build.

According to WoW logs the class itself isnt even destroying everyone else FeelsBadMan

But as a warlock main prior, been through many nurfs before. Just another case of dust of the shoulders from the nurf hammer and get back to dpsing right fellow DHs?

Is this how it feels to get nerfed to the ground? I mained healers so nerfs were infrequent if any at all. Man this feeling sucks!

Gonna have a fun time being a bench warmer for mythics on tuesday FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Akachan View Post
    Is this how it feels to get nerfed to the ground? I mained healers so nerfs were infrequent if any at all. Man this feeling sucks!
    This is how Blizzard balances. Any time youre on a DPS you will dread hotfix notes every night.

Hands down the worst balancing in the entire game industry.

It's not Blizzard's fault you aren't performing as well as top demon hunters.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    How long have you been playing? What Blizztard says and what Blizztard do are separate things. So much so that the people who do "balancing" probs live in a different solar system from the team who "communicates" with us.

Not a demon hunter btw :P

They literally gave DHs the early WoD WW treatment. Bring cleave/aoe to other peoples' level, and completely gut single target. Not home atm but we'll probably need to change our talents to make up for throw glaive nerf, while still being under what we were, which wasn't really fabulous ST anyway.

When they realise they've overnerfed DHs badly, it'll be a while before they actually implement buffs to the spec in some form. If it's the same as what WWs in WoD got, they'll be back to what they were pre nerf, just months later in the next raid.
    C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient nímporte qui.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizan12 View Post
    But as a warlock main prior, been through many nurfs before. Just another case of dust of the shoulders from the nurf hammer and get back to dpsing right fellow DHs?
    Well I would like to believe that my experiences from being a WW at the beginning of WoD tell me that it's far more efficient to level and start gearing out one of the mid pack now then to wait for past nighthold for blizzard to remember havoc needs to do ST damage as well.

Im a hunter, and i got 20% barrage nerf -.- Not happy by the changes either ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munklemonk View Post
    They literally gave DHs the early WoD WW treatment. Bring cleave/aoe to other peoples' level, and completely gut single target. Not home atm but we'll probably need to change our talents to make up for throw glaive nerf, while still being under what we were, which wasn't really fabulous ST anyway.

When they realise they've overnerfed DHs badly, it'll be a while before they actually implement buffs to the spec in some form. If it's the same as what WWs in WoD got, they'll be back to what they were pre nerf, just months later in the next raid.
    Too many DH's. Had to spread the population back out, lol.

I think it's lame, but that's been their pattern forever. Except DK's...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I don't understand. Throw glave is part of the havoc rotation. This is just going to destroy them. While they were over-performing in aoe, the ability was used single target too. Why do this? It's not like Havoc is the top spec on boss fights, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    It's not Blizzard's fault you aren't performing as well as top demon hunters.
    I'm not going to claim I perform anywhere near the best DH, but honestly, these nerfs hit our ST pretty hard and that's already mediocre. The bosses that DH do very well on are AoE-based and the nerfs to our AoE there are pretty understandable.

But if we're nerfing specs with a hammer based on their performance in certain boss fights (and, honestly, Havoc is more niche than something like Fire), then why aren't we doing it for other specs? They're doing it for Shadow, sure. Also making Arms a lot more RNG dependent. But what about Fire, like I mentioned before? It also does a LOT of damage on both single and multi, and yet... it's not being touched.

I don't believe blizzard at all said that they would only do small nerfs to during class balance, i believe they said that would consider each class role within the Class when buffing / nerfing so that for example if you are a mage and play Fire and Fire would do 30% more damage than Frost and Arcane, they would see that as a problem. But due to the fact that most mages will have picked fire, during a balance round they said that if this should occur, they would make sure that fire would still be the top role, but with a smaller margin, so that Fire mages would not have put all or most AP in their Fire Artifact and then be forced to for example Frost if that spec would come out on top after balancing. So if it was 30% difference before, after balancing Fire should still be ahead but alot less.

Now with DH's they don't need to have that consideration, because DH doesn't have competing DPS specs within the Class. So Havoc DH will always be the best DH DPS spec, no matter wat tuning. So no DPS DH should have the feeling that they wasted AP on a wrong artifact, unless ofc the player choose DH out of FOTM Pew Pew reasons and now intends to reroll to the next top dog (if the nerfs are indeed going to play out to be substantial and make DH a "bad" class, which i don't except directly, sure DH will loose value out of not being by miles the best Mythic+ class anymore, but i also don't think DH will become bottom of the barrel instantly), instead of the actual class.
    Last edited by chronia; 2016-09-24 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    So no DPS DH should have the feeling that they wasted AP on a wrong artifact, unless ofc the player choose DH out of FOTM Pew Pew reasons, instead of the actual class.
    I mean if serious raiding guilds are benching Havoc players because they simply cannot do the DPS necessary to justify their raid spot and don't bring any utility either, then people who love their DH may still have to reroll just to keep raiding with that guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    Im a hunter, and i got 20% barrage nerf -.- Not happy by the changes either ;p
    Kinda needed though man. I mean the AOE damage is kind of absurd...

No offense but you're the top dps in aoe and single target, demon hunters right now are fucking retarded and need a big nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Too many DH's. Had to spread the population back out, lol.

I think it's lame, but that's been their pattern forever. Except DK's...
    It's not even too many DHs. Looking at logs, there are always more MM hunters and fire mages ALONE at every percentile. Granted, there's not much of the rest (apart from BM) but they still outnumber DHs. I don't see them getting this kind of nerf though. Then again, Blizz has always been too kind to those two.
    C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient nímporte qui.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    No offense but you're the top dps in aoe and single target, demon hunters right now are fucking retarded and need a big nerf.
    We're not the top DPS in single target. With cleave/AoE? Yeah, sure, hence why it got nerfed. But our single target rotation is almost identical to our AoE and is pretty much identical to our cleave. So nerfing those hits our single target, which was not top DPS.

The single target parses seem to favour Arms/Shadow (on the two fights they can abuse S2M with extreme skill) and Fire. Also, Marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizan12 View Post
    Well there goes that blizzard philosophy, 30% on core single target abilities that effect AoE, YA okay AoE was strong but our AoE is also single target damage.

On top of the 30% glaive toss reduction the talent goes from 200% to 100% bleed, THATS HUGE. definitely going to destroy my rotation/build.

According to WoW logs the class itself isnt even destroying everyone else FeelsBadMan

ye its retarded what they did - atm whole builds and rotation people learned can be tossed to garbage - they have fun class and just tossed it into trash - its just proving blizzard balance team is compeltly incompetent and they should be all fired on spot.

with those nerfs DH are dead both in raids and mythic + gg blizz.

guess they didnt wnt warlocks to feel bad for being benched now it will be locks and dh declined to eveyrthing.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-24 at 07:33 AM.

Deleted
    We were still not the best aoe class in raids, not even in Mythic+, Fire mages do even more AOE DPS than DH, unless you've played with shit mages seen mages do over 5-6m+ on big packs in Mythic Dungeons, they never touched em and if you check RAIDS, we're not only seeing DH @ Top, theres plenty of other classes, some bosses we're not even top 10 which has some cleave, so Havoc wasn't that OP, but yes we were a bit op same with mages they're also too op in my opinion when it comes to aoe, so I do hope they nerf fire mages aswell just sucks they fucked up the single target dps, but who knows maybe they will change their minds about this or they will just leave it But I guess it will be hard getting a spot in a good raiding guild at this point.