Thread: Warden Tower WQ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Again? Why are they nerfing the shit out of these? Or why did they include them in the first place? Fuck you blizz i'm still not doing BGS or trashcan
    I'm guessing the nerf is to get more people into bgs to farm honor instead of the wq for honor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm guessing the nerf is to get more people into bgs to farm honor instead of the wq for honor.
    That's completely fair enough. I would however like to see an increase to BG rewards, which seems to be on the cards.

I'm also finding that the queue times for BGs aren't that great. I'm hoping this change will, uh, change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    That's completely fair enough. I would however like to see an increase to BG rewards, which seems to be on the cards.

I'm also finding that the queue times for BGs aren't that great. I'm hoping this change will, uh, change that.
    Yeah I wouldn't mind that. I do think that pvp should be the best way to get honor, though I don't want the towers to be useless either. But bgs and arena imo should be better honor sources.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree completely. I feel that BGs require more effort and, on occasion time, than Heroic Dungeons. I would like to at least see them equal in terms of chance of gear, and more importantly Artifact Power. Mythics should be on par with Arena [insert rating > xxxx]. I'm not sure how I feel about RBGs -vs- Raids.

It's nice to know that it's punishing for the casual player. Rewards destroyed cause they want people in BG's.

But then BG's provide the worst honor. Always have, always will. A simple fix of honor X time spend in BG would help. 30min in a BG? I had better be getting 1000+ honor then. And it's pvp, so killing players should grant like 2-4 honor a kill as well.

Raise battleground/arena/skirmish rewards and put towers back to normal. Let the pvpers be rewarded for pvp and let the pver's work on their artifact skin. Cause that's the only reason I'm wanting to prestige is for transmog. PVP is fucked enough otherwise and the grind for AP already takes up enough time.

Yup, its nurfed to 150 honor in EU aswell

Just tested 2 towers.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Looking at the recent patch notes they just put up, towers might be getting yet another nerf. They say tower quests will appear 3 times a day, with a 24 hour timer, but there's not enough towers for there to be 9 up at a time, meaning if I'm reading right, we went from 3 towers every 3 hours for 300 honor, to 3 towers every 6 hours for 300 honor, to 3 towers every 6 hours for 150 honor, to 3 towers every 24 hours for 150 honor.. That makes the totals *(If my numbers are right):

Launch: 6,300 honor a day
    Nerf 1: 2,700 honor a day
    Nerf 2: 1,350 honor a day
    Nerf 3: 450 honor a day
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-24 at 02:52 AM.

450 + 500 (brawl) x 3.

Even then the towers arent worth doing unless it has an AP/gear reward imo. if its just garrison resources/gold that time is better spent playing 3-4 skirmishes per tower. Free for all quest is always worth though, 500 quick honor.

Quote Originally Posted by MintChocCip View Post
    450 + 500 (brawl) x 3.

Even then the towers arent worth doing unless it has an AP/gear reward imo. if its just garrison resources/gold that time is better spent playing 3-4 skirmishes per tower. Free for all quest is always worth though, 500 quick honor.
    Yea, if that's the way of it the towers are not really worth the time any more if you can only do 3 a day for 150 honor. Half the honor of a BG win. I just.. don't even, I can't understand Blizz's mentality on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Yea, if that's the way of it the towers are not really worth the time any more if you can only do 3 a day for 150 honor. Half the honor of a BG win. I just.. don't even, I can't understand Blizz's mentality on this.
    If I had to guess, trying to get the WQs to be a small bit of bonus honor for PvE players, and a PvE objective for PvPers to do to get some AP/Gold/Resources in addition to the honor.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm doing them for honor when I can, but I'm not going to go be devastated if I can't prestige up through these. The bits of these quests I've done that have involved PvP have confirmed a few things for me:

1) PvP in WoW is still not fun (healer ally killed during stunlock, < 5 seconds from full to dead, being the biggest standout in memory, but even when it went well it was an annoyance, not something enjoyable)
    2) The majority of people seeking out PvP outside of instances are still jerks (I would use much stronger language, but for the sake of decorum I will refrain).

Not that any of that is particularly surprising to me, but it's nice to be reminded sometimes. If their goal is to get more people interested in PvP, all it's done for me is confirm that it is both unfun and filled with the types of people I do my absolute best to avoid as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    If I had to guess, trying to get the WQs to be a small bit of bonus honor for PvE players, and a PvE objective for PvPers to do to get some AP/Gold/Resources in addition to the honor.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm doing them for honor when I can, but I'm not going to go be devastated if I can't prestige up through these. The bits of these quests I've done that have involved PvP have confirmed a few things for me:

1) PvP in WoW is still not fun (healer ally killed during stunlock, < 5 seconds from full to dead, being the biggest standout in memory, but even when it went well it was an annoyance, not something enjoyable)
    2) The majority of people seeking out PvP outside of instances are still jerks (I would use much stronger language, but for the sake of decorum I will refrain).

Not that any of that is particularly surprising to me, but it's nice to be reminded sometimes. If their goal is to get more people interested in PvP, all it's done for me is confirm that it is both unfun and filled with the types of people I do my absolute best to avoid as much as possible.
    At least the towers allowed for people not super into PvP to get some of the rewards slower than pure PvPers, it feels like they're trying to completely reverse that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Again? Why are they nerfing the shit out of these? Or why did they include them in the first place? Fuck you blizz i'm still not doing BGS or trashcan
    That is the point. They are trying to force players into Trashcan/ random BG's/ rated play.

This is as desperate as it can be.

- - - Updated - - -

BG's honor payout is peanuts and players are going to still avoid BG's.

They saw that rated and random queues were increasing so they panicked and nerfed the towers to the ground without looking at how poor honor gains are in rated and unrated instanced PVP

I think a better way to achieve that would have been by buffing BG rewards tbh. Right now you can have a super close battle (1500-1490 for example) but the winning team is still gonna end up with way more honor than the losing one, even though it was anyones game. You'll still get more honor in a close loss than in a stomp ofcourse. That's not bringing up the fact that right now I have 6+ minutes que and a BG can easily last 15 minutes.

That aside, nerfing the tower this heavily also makes it so they just fucked the people who arrived late to the party. A lot of people are probably prestige 2+, largely because they took 20-30 minutes to kill some PvP NPCs. Everyone else is gonna be farming it at a pace that's significantly slower. On the other hand, early prestigers got fucked out of a ton of AP because of the buff to "Glory of the Melee", so I guess we're even. >.>

I'd say the fastest way to farm honor is probably gonna be 2v2 now, maybe that means the bracket'll actually see some love.

One thing's for sure, there's no way in hell I'm gonna prestige again before 7.1.

Also, fuck the AV blacklist bug!

Don't know if anyone talked about this but it seems that Glory of the Melee's AP gain was up a lot, just got one at rank 12 and it gives me 1k2 (with Artifact Knowledge 4) pretty sure it was giving a LOT less.

I think if it takes more time (for people only doing WQ) but award more, it is worth it.
    People doing a very high amount of PvP will also get those huge boost in AP very fast.

Edit : Yeah didn't see it was in Hotfixes, I think it's overall a good change.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-09-24 at 07:56 AM.

The hotfix mega nerf is a real joke. Most of the time they weren't even worth doing as 95% of the time it rewarded gold or resources, now you can't even gamble waiting it out for something else. Calling it those places are going to be ghost towns unless it's a piece of gear and even then...I doubt the ilvl will climb with your rating like arenas and rbgs do...oh well. At least now we can point something they messed up bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I think a better way to achieve that would have been by buffing BG rewards tbh. Right now you can have a super close battle (1500-1490 for example) but the winning team is still gonna end up with way more honor than the losing one, even though it was anyones game. You'll still get more honor in a close loss than in a stomp ofcourse. That's not bringing up the fact that right now I have 6+ minutes que and a BG can easily last 15 minutes.

That aside, nerfing the tower this heavily also makes it so they just fucked the people who arrived late to the party. A lot of people are probably prestige 2+, largely because they took 20-30 minutes to kill some PvP NPCs. Everyone else is gonna be farming it at a pace that's significantly slower. On the other hand, early prestigers got fucked out of a ton of AP because of the buff to "Glory of the Melee", so I guess we're even. >.>

I'd say the fastest way to farm honor is probably gonna be 2v2 now, maybe that means the bracket'll actually see some love.

One thing's for sure, there's no way in hell I'm gonna prestige again before 7.1.

Also, fuck the AV blacklist bug!
    I agree, I'd love to have more honor from bgs, I just think that was blizzard's reasoning behind it. But it's just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    The quests could barely be considered PvP anyway. The amount of Honour they gave when even on Locked/High population servers nobody was actually PvE'ing in them was absurd.

Next they need to remove the 840+ gear that all the Dragonslayers rush to get every day.
    Removing reward is just what PvP content needs right now, amirite?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

don't forget boys another reason to do BGs over lets say arena skrimish or WQ, yes BGs give less honor but they also drop legendaries and cosmetic elite pvp sets (not sure if the latter is intended or a bug, but several people posted that they got 805ilvl "elite" pvp gear that matches cosmetics of the elite set for Legion S1.

But the chance for legendaries is way smaller than on doing WQ for chests, is it?

Anyone else warden tower quests on 23 hour timers now? If they nerfed them again, I'm quitting. How do you go from 3 hour resets to 20+ hour resets?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?????