Page 45 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolja View Post
    Seems like the build won't change either. I was secretly hoping that maybe we could use these nerfes to diversify the build a little. Even with the nerfs I have Bloodlet still simming ~25k higher than Felblade. I'm pretty disappointed. Lord knows Demon Reborn/Unleashed Power are still never going to see the light of day. I really have to wonder what goes on in those offices sometimes.
    How big of a % damage loss is it to our single target? I'm thinking about 15% total loss which would put us literally where Affliction was pre-buff ...

Well guess i'm benched now lol. Was nice raiding for a week

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    First lets wait until someone come with the numbers showing us how bad these nerfs are, then we can grab our torches and pitchforks and go to the blizz and rogue/mage foruns.
    With simple math, I'll be losing 46k dps on Ursoc fight, based on dps I pulled on our kill.

Quote Originally Posted by orgulas View Post
    With simple math, I'll be losing 46k dps on Ursoc fight, based on dps I pulled on our kill.
    For fucks sake that's insane. I mean, I understand the AoE issue but our single target is literally garbage tier now. I just don't get it. Maybe they forgot to add in the 20% buff to Demon's Bite and 20% buff to Chaos Blade? Right? It's all okay since they forgot it... lalalalala

This spec isn't worth playing now. Other classes bring more to the table and more dps. gg, Blizz.

the changes are already live?

15+ Year Old Account
    Changes prob go live after restart

Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    the changes are already live?
    Read the changes again. Says scheduled maintenance.

On a side note, I know everybody is doom and gloom and they're not small nerfs by any means, but I think their goal was to yes, nerf our aoe because we were destroying it to an incredible amount, but it gives us different talent options.

If I'm understanding the change to intial throw glaive damage by 100% for bloodlet, that means that bloodlet won't snapshot damage via momentum? If that's true not only does that make bloodlet less valuable vs the other two but momentum loses it's value too since most of the reason we took it was to help bloodlet, resulting in one of our highest damage abilities.

While I'm not a mythic raider, so I will admit my spot is not in jeopardy by any means, but it might be too early to doomsay just yet. I know single target we're not the highest, but I don't think I've ever seen myself the lowest either, not by a long shot.

I am sad about the fury of the illidari nerf though. I felt like that was in a good place for AoE and single target.

Deleted
    Bloodlet munching was a nice throwback to the past, and to be honest it made or broke DH dps, especially st.

AoE looks dire. The AoE traits + the Fel Barrage proc fix + FotI nerf means bad news, but at the very least Eye Beam is unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Bloodlet munching was a nice throwback to the past, and to be honest it made or broke DH dps, especially st.

AoE looks dire. The AoE traits + the Fel Barrage proc fix + FotI nerf means bad news, but at the very least Eye Beam is unchanged.
    Fel Barrage proc fix? When was that and what did they do? I must have missed it.

They changed the rate at which Fel Barrage generates charges. It's not nearly as sporadic as it used to be, and it's very rare for you to get 5 charges while using 5 charges anymore. They seem to be a little more consecutive than just 0 to 5 BAM.

Got told by my guild to reroll for this tier. Rip

Question about Tirathon's Betrayel, just got a nice one from Mythic+, wondering, should I just macro it into Chaos Strike? Or is it better to macro with something else, or just use it, not on a macro?

"There has only ever been, only ever will be... one Azshara."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nring/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Nalistar View Post
    Thanks a lot fo your reply

Do you mean putting the 850 over the 840 with a defensive trait since the 835 with Chaos Strike should actually be considered as a 845? (So +1 weapon ilvl with Chaos Strike > +4 weapon ilvl with a defensive trait?)

What do you mean "if you trust your tanks"?

And btw would then make any sense going for Demon Rage 3/3 for the immediate dps increase to push progression and then going for ID (postponing Contained Fury)? Because going straight for ID would mean waiting for any dps bonus for quite some more days. Or is Demon Rage not worth it? I'm just asking since I remember you saying ID is not a very strong trait and was wondering if it's worth the wait.
    And no, I'm not going Demonic (only for elite WQ).
    Thanks again

Yes, you'd put the one that has the highest "total" ilvl over straight ilvl. Just a weird thing that doesn't much matter if you're raiding EN, as you have three solid choices.

You trust your tanks not to move, basically. That's the biggest problem with ID - tank moves, it misses because it doesn't move with you.

Demon rage is fairly trash, if you were going to do that you'd go CF. As I've said though, it reallllyyyy depends on your tank & situation & further nerfs.

@ everyone else (skimmed rather quickly)

I'll try to move the changelog.. probably sunday or monday, have to work early tomorrow then raid. on the subject of changes, will be looking over them probably the sae days (perhaps tonight, depending how late I stay up). Should have things updated within a few days.

Are there any guesses which build is the best single target after the nerf? Are we still sticking to Glaive Master, Momentum and Prepared? Or are Fel and Demon Blade now the better options?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiya View Post
    Are there any guesses which build is the best single target after the nerf? Are we still sticking to Glaive Master, Momentum and Prepared? Or are Fel and Demon Blade now the better options?
    If I'm reading things right the changes essentially make Bloodlet useless. In which case I'd probably change from MOTG to Demon Reborn for the Blur reset in Meta, if it was timed right it could probably lead to a DPS increase (assuming we never use Throw Glaive ever again.) With that in mind, Bloodlet was good filler when synergized with the distance that Prepared created, and while it would still be a DPS increase to use Throw Glaive while forced outside of melee range, I'm pretty sure just going Demon Blades synergized with Felblade (or First Blood, whatever turns out to be more DPS.) would be better, especially since Demon Blades pulls ahead with the Anger of the Half-Giants ring, though not running Prepared would reduce Momentum uptime. The really depressing thing is with the push towards Felblade, Chaos Blades and Demon Blades - we're just becoming a really mediocre ST spec, it feels like.

I haven't done any math, and I'm sure sims will reveal THE WAY - but if I had to speculate, ^.

Deleted
    I want to stick with Bloodlet and Throw Glaive anyway. How much it will be now a DPS loss picking it instead of other talents row?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    I want to stick with Bloodlet and Throw Glaive anyway. How much it will be now a DPS loss picking it instead of other talents row?
    1/4th the damage of picking either talent. Literally trash.

Updated OP with bloodlet changes (RIP my sleep)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post

so bloodlet has gone from top to utter garbage lol ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post

That's just gross. I find Bloodlet far more interesting than the other two. I suppose Feblade will be okay as it makes getting back to the target sometimes less painful, but... ergh.