Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No mentions of resto shaman? I've found us to be quite good healers for Mythic+. I have more than enough CDs to pop if things are going bad and if the group needs to group up at any point I'm usually easily able to keep us alive. Even spread out I don't find it too hard to keep people alive. If someone gets low usually a quick heal or two (thank you Deep Healing) brings them back into the green.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
    Could you explain why you think these are the best?
    Warrior tank: Because Ignore pain is broken.

Hpally: Strong ST heals, Can cheese a lot of mechanics with BoP. It's less of a Hpallys are OP and more of a the other healers aren't that great in mythic+ imo. Although a disc priest/rsham could be easily exchanged/might be better.

Fire mage: Great AoE, Great ST, pre standard pick for mythic+

DH: Demon hunter for obv reasons

Boomkin: Boomkin mainly for solar beam, AoE silence on a 45s CD is really nice for a lot of trash packs that have to be constantly inturrupted (Arcway,BRH,etc).

Warlock: If spec'd right they do comparable dmg to the other "top" specs with the exception of DH's (and even more then them on higher levels of mythic). The main reason to bring a WL is for banish though, banished ads don't get bolstering which can really trivialize a lot of the harder trash pulls.

Being honest though comp really doesn't matter as long as you have the basics (BL, 2-3 inturrupts, decent AoE). With a few exceptions you can easily get to +8 with pretty much any comp.
    Last edited by icecoldsir; 2016-09-24 at 10:24 AM. Reason: meant to add Rsham in my posterino

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    No mentions of resto shaman? I've found us to be quite good healers for Mythic+. I have more than enough CDs to pop if things are going bad and if the group needs to group up at any point I'm usually easily able to keep us alive. Even spread out I don't find it too hard to keep people alive. If someone gets low usually a quick heal or two (thank you Deep Healing) brings them back into the green.
    I keep hearing people saying shamans are good, but without a single exception every time a healer has struggled in my groups it has been a shaman. Are people just playing them wrong or something?

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post

Hpally: Strong ST heals, Can cheese a lot of mechanics with BoP. It's less of a Hpallys are OP and more of a the other healers aren't that great in mythic+ imo. Although a disc priest could be easily exchanged/might be better.
    Dude, you are just soo wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Dude, you are just soo wrong!
    Make a case for why a Rdruid or MW would be bought over the other 3 then?

Rdruid has just as strong St healing, better aoe healing, defensive cd on 1.5/1 min cd, combat res, stealth...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I keep hearing people saying shamans are good, but without a single exception every time a healer has struggled in my groups it has been a shaman. Are people just playing them wrong or something?
    I dunno, literally my only struggles so far are Arcway on the last boss. I have JUST enough to get us through that run alive usually.

I don't know any disadvantages of a Rdruid and why it would be less viable than the others. Im not saying Hpally and such are "bad". All I'm saying is that u are wrong with "the other healers arent that great".

So Rduid (as I play it) has all that it takes. Great ST heal with good CDs on that too. Best group heal with CDs on that too. Tranquility mass CD. Combat res. Great mobility - healing while moving.
    With the right talents, Rduid sure is one of the best healers for 5man.
    I haven't been further than +4, so I cant tell how it is up there as Resto. However, so far I havent had any issues with healing.

The same reason you wouldn't bring a prot warrior, damage.

With the massive DH nerfs mythics+ will get harder, literally every group had one abusing their insane AoE

10+ Year Old Account
    I know as a MW, healing Mythic+ is not bad. We have strong tank/single target heals as well as strong 3 person heals in Vivify. We have one of the best DPS in terms of healer DPS (I think we're #2 behind Discs) and have great mobility (roll = insta out of fire while bringing in minimal down time for healing) and OSHIT mechanics.

Our Artifact healing trait is the best out of all the healers in terms of emergency heals. With 12 stacks, it heals for over 1.2M, which is enough to bring a dying tank back up to the safe spot or full heal any DPS. (Technically, it's better than Life Cocoon which only absorbs about 900k damage).

We have great heal CDs as well in Chi-Ji and Life Cocoon. Revival is definitely underwhelming for 5 mans though, but I can still use it to mass dispel everyone. They need to give it the Tranquility treatment and make it heal for 100% more when not in a raid IMO.

We are also one of 2 classes that can bring a 5s AoE stun which makes certain trash fights trivial.

Paralyze is the best CC in the game IMO. Instant cast ranged sap. I used it MANY times in Mythics and it has saved many a wipe. Also useful in boss fights like the first boss of Eye of Azshara to CC the add you want to keep for spear.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-09-24 at 03:27 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Everything besides Warlocks.

QQ

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Everything besides Warlocks.

QQ
    Destro Warlocks are really good now. You can start with instant Rain of Fire + Cataclysm, you will easily do 1M+ dps on trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I know as a MW, healing Mythic+ is not bad. We have strong tank/single target heals as well as strong 3 person heals in Vivify. We have one of the best DPS in terms of healer DPS (I think we're #2 behind Discs) and have great mobility (roll = insta out of fire while bringing in minimal down time for healing) and OSHIT mechanics.

Our Artifact healing trait is the best out of all the healers in terms of emergency heals. With 12 stacks, it heals for over 1.2M, which is enough to bring a dying tank back up to the safe spot or full heal any DPS. (Technically, it's better than Life Cocoon which only absorbs about 900k damage).

We have great heal CDs as well in Chi-Ji and Life Cocoon. Revival is definitely underwhelming for 5 mans though, but I can still use it to mass dispel everyone. They need to give it the Tranquility treatment and make it heal for 100% more when not in a raid IMO.

We are also one of 2 classes that can bring a 5s AoE stun which makes certain trash fights trivial.

Paralyze is the best CC in the game IMO. Instant cast ranged sap. I used it MANY times in Mythics and it has saved many a wipe. Also useful in boss fights like the first boss of Eye of Azshara to CC the add you want to keep for spear.
    As a MW I've heard a lot that we're #2 behind how good Druid mastery healing is. We have the lowest healer representation which skews things, but ultimately all of the healers are extremely close in ability aside from Disco priest.

Ironbark is also a better cooldown than our Lay on Hands [Life Cocoon]. The only downside I would say Mistweaver has is emergency tank healing, contrary to what you're saying. Our spells have extremely high efficiency, but are all very heavy heals outside of Renewing Mist, and Effuse is a noob trap. We lack a medium, semi-efficient heal, or an easy way to start casting soothing on someone. So if someone is taking absurd damage you're going to be spamming Vivify and ooming yourself. Keeping the raid up on normal damage is incredibly easy, but if your tank is getting smashed you're going to be reaching a little. Our artifact ability is free healing, but if you don't anticipate the tank's problem moment the 2 second cast is really hard to call an emergency heal.

Looking at dh incoming nerfs do you reckon I'd be happy playing as fire mage and havoc/vengeance for mythic+?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    As a MW I've heard a lot that we're #2 behind how good Druid mastery healing is. We have the lowest healer representation which skews things, but ultimately all of the healers are extremely close in ability aside from Disco priest.

Ironbark is also a better cooldown than our Lay on Hands [Life Cocoon]. The only downside I would say Mistweaver has is emergency tank healing, contrary to what you're saying. Our spells have extremely high efficiency, but are all very heavy heals outside of Renewing Mist, and Effuse is a noob trap. We lack a medium, semi-efficient heal, or an easy way to start casting soothing on someone. So if someone is taking absurd damage you're going to be spamming Vivify and ooming yourself. Keeping the raid up on normal damage is incredibly easy, but if your tank is getting smashed you're going to be reaching a little. Our artifact ability is free healing, but if you don't anticipate the tank's problem moment the 2 second cast is really hard to call an emergency heal.
    Effuse with mastery gear is actually pretty good. I tried it out and it was healing for like 150k a pop with our 80k mastery bonus heal tacked on to it and crit for about 300k. It was enough to keep the tank healed (along with EM/ReM ticking) on burst situations. Not bad for 22k mana spell. I would say Effuse is our medium damage heal spell assuming you have enough Mastery. For raiding, Effuse is pretty useless though I'll admit. No point into ever using it when there are always 3+ people in need of healing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Arcane is gonna be one of the most coveted dps for Mythic+ next week, their AOE is already formidable if pulls are big enough.

Deleted
    Druid or DK tank, ww monk, outlaw rogue, fire mage or MM hunter + any healer (i like paladins)

Quote Originally Posted by Alorithin View Post
    Tanks right now all have positives and negatives. Warriors don't need healing before +7 but damage output is low. Blood, vengeance, prot pally put out good aoe but have spike issues that keep healers from rotating CDs. Bears are in between those two.
    I think you forgot someone. And really, Warriors don't have any negatives; they're not even the lowest damage tank.

Holy paladins, able to keep druid/warrior tanks up at 5+ (need to throw heals at 8) with just passive spells and hots/hammer thing, while doing +180k dps.
    Warrior or druid tank
    Rogue, bm, fury, fire mage, mm hunter, ww. People are saying unholy are good, haven't seen a single one tho so dunno.