Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    This is fucking epic in my opinion. I currently melt faces in Emerald Nightmare and being on top of the meters every pug I join.
    Stopped there...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Demo will be more than viable with these buffs and pretty damn good even.
    lel GL playing demo on any fight requiring movement even with these buffs. Demo didn't even need numbers buffs, it needed changes mechanically to make movement more forgiving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizuk View Post
    Sorry we don't all get a legendary belt like you.
    I need to compete for my spot with mages and hunters, being viable is being close to them and worse or better depending on the situation.

Isn't being worse 100% of the time the meaning of viable for me.
    Yes if you suck you won't be viable.

These buffs are MORE powerful than my belt and I compete with my mages/hunters/whatever just fine. If you can't handle it after these buffs, it's on you, buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    lel GL playing demo on any fight requiring movement even with these buffs. Demo didn't even need numbers buffs, it needed changes mechanically to make movement more forgiving.
    Want a bet? I assure you that in the end Demo will actually be MORE powerful than Destruction in EN. How about that?

Cenarius and Xavius both have very unforgiving last phase which is all about pushing single target and killing them before raid wipes. Demo will be brilliant there with these buffs, especially Doomguard one - smart ones will pick Grimoire of Supremacy and will literally shit on everyone single target there, except for maybe Arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvondria View Post
    Well, we got buffed but all other classes got buffed too... It means Warlock still cant do same damage as other classes? Its an overall buff to all classes which has the same dmg compared to other classes :/
    No, other classes specs got buffed. The top performers did not, no buffs for fire mages for example. I expected Frost to get a buff, it is clearly the mage underdog

Warlock is the only class to get pretyt much across the board buffs, almost every ability in every spec

Deleted

These buffs are MORE powerful than my belt and I compete with my mages/hunters/whatever just fine. If you can't handle it after these buffs, it's on you, buddy.

- - - Updated - - -
    Well first you gear is top notch across, the board you have a pure haste ring, a naraxas and 850 haste trinket + legendary belt.
    Most logs are private this week , but you did well in your raid group.

Nynthendra you were 3rd in your guild with 245k dps , your dps at 4:51 my kill time was 260k dps that would still put you at 9th at my guild , beaten by all hunters and mages is a given if they are skilled.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Logs if you want to check. Warlocks are fine, other classes are better so if you press your keys better than them, good for you.

Deleted
    Well first you gear is top notch across, the board you have a pure haste ring, a naraxas and 850 haste trinket + legendary belt.

Nynthendra you were 3rd in your guild with 245k dps , your dps at 4:51 my kill time was 260k dps that would still put you at 9th at my guild , beaten by all hunters and mages is a given if they are skilled.

Logs if you want to check. Warlocks are fine, other classes are better so if you press your keys better than them, good for you.
    Thank you so much for this. Maybe this will finally open Gaidax' eyes.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care very much about other stuff, I'm happy we got the buffs we did. I expect very little in all things so when something nice happens its a good feeling.

The change to rain of fire shocked me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Thank you so much for this. Maybe this will finally open Gaidax' eyes.
    Probably not. From reading his posts I gather that he really just seems to enjoy playing warlock and making the best of things without rerolling while trying to convince other people things aren't as deathly dire as they would think. Looking at data gathered from raid parses it is clear that warlocks dps tends to average toward low tier, being at the top for one fight. We got quite a few buffs to our damage numbers, not to say it will fix every issues with the class but its a welcome start.
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2016-09-24 at 08:31 AM.

These buffs are MORE powerful than my belt and I compete with my mages/hunters/whatever just fine.

- - - Updated - - -
    Think its more so that the other dps in your grp aren't that great tbh.

Want a bet? I assure you that in the end Demo will actually be MORE powerful than Destruction in EN. How about that?

The end being what? Once stuff is on farm, end of tier? Outside of a few fights I don't see demo beating out destro during progression with comparable gear , esp on mythic.
    Last edited by icecoldsir; 2016-09-24 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    What about shadowburn?
    Nice for Rain of Fire though!

10+ Year Old Account

Add to that current buff and I would be 4th... or better yet - use actually Demo and be around 2nd pretty easily even without legendary.

Not that hard to figure out that after this buff Warlock would be just fine there and besides, your guys there are just as geared to the teeth if not more - everyone at top uses Darkmoon trinkets and craftables to boot as well.

So hurr?

Heck, you yourself could have done much better... "haste ring" - that thing costs 30k in AH, lel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    The end being what? Once stuff is on farm, end of tier? Outside of a few fights I don't see demo beating out destro during progression with comparable gear , esp on mythic.
    Let's see how Mythic goes, I am pretty sure quite a few guilds will be slotting Demo there on progression just for that.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-24 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    If only 10% was the issue.

That said, ROF being instant is more than I expected, so that's something.
    Here goes their "we can't make mechanic changes in hotfixes". It changed to "we can make mechanic changes in hotfixes but only to the specs that are in our good graces".

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Really confused by the 15% affliction seed buff - AOE was the area it was bafflingly strong in considering it's a historic weakness of the spec, ST was where it needed the help. I guess AOE is afflictions Class Fantasy now.
    Yeah, that's just weird. ST-wise their spells with exception of spender tied to RNG upon RNG and Haunt that no one picks they buffed Aff's ST either the same or less than Demo and Destro. So no one is going to play it anyway. Great minds at work.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-24 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Instant RoF, Glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Stopped there...
    Well maybe you just suck and don't know how to play. I've checked World of logs and I am not far away from the top.
    Let's see.
    Nythendra: Top dps is a rogue with 299k dps. I did 240k dps on that fight.
    Elerethe Renferal: This is a fight I am not good at yet so I only did 210k dps compared to fire mage 340k. We killed it in two tries and also sometimes you have to accept that you can't do god dps on every fight.
    Il'gynoth, The Heart of Corruption: 210K dps consistently, I would be second on world of logs if I felt like it on this fight.
    Ursoc: 340k top dps, 250k here.
    Dragons of Nightmare: 370k top dps, I did 340k with mistakes.
    Extra note: My gear isn't optimised to be the best it can be. I just pick random pieces and the highest ilvl drops from mythic dungeons.
    I have 849 ilvl, no legendary. Destruction warlock with RB, Eradication, Entropy, GoServ, Burning Rush, Soul conduit and Demon Skin. While I may not have beaten any of the top logs, I am quite close to them even though some might have legendaries or perfectly optimised crafted gear.

Now what are you going to tell me? That WoL is not a credible source, or that I am lying? You are just a butthurt kid who picked lock during MoP and wants to go back to the top by spamming incinerate and chaos bolt. Well guess what, dpsing as a warlock requires more effort now. And tbh there is just something wrong with warlocks, I've joined hundreds of pugs since the beginning of legion and I've only seen one playing properly.

Finally, did you feel special saying 'I didn't read after this'?

Deleted
    Add to that current buff and I would be 4th... or better yet - use actually Demo and be around 2nd pretty easily even without legendary.

Not that hard to figure out that after this buff Warlock would be just fine there and besides, your guys there are just as geared to the teeth if not more - everyone at top uses Darkmoon trinkets and craftables to boot as well.

So hurr?

Heck, you yourself could have done much better... "haste ring" - that thing costs 30k in AH, lel.
    First they are not all with crafted gear and darkmoon.
    Second you should sim your char, you gear is way higher than any of us. Second you don't even realize the boost of your legendary, you saw that you got 22 soul shards from it?
    There is no ring with socket at the AH sorry .

We going off-topic here, if the class is so good keep us posted.
    Show us your results as demo next week, we will be waiting .

Deleted
    First they are not all with crafted gear and darkmoon.
    Second you should sim your char, you gear is way higher than any of us. Second you don't even realize the boost of your legendary, you saw that you got 22 soul shards from it?
    There is no ring with socket at the AH sorry .

We going off-topic here, if the class is so good keep us posted.
    Show us your results as demo next week, we will be waiting .
    I don't think he is wrong about demo :P I do think that demo needs two specific legendaries before it really takes off though. And it is probably going to be really difficult to pull it off, and only for certain fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    I think you should concentrate more on yourself than on me, tbh. I'd start with gearing up, like buying that ring would be a good start for you, socket or not. Plenty with sockets as well if you would bother to scan AH, not that it matters THAT much.

This is pretty awesome!

People were expecting mechanical changes in a hotfix? Or any time soon for this matter. If you dislike lock it is probably far less disappointing to reroll.

Deleted
    I think you should concentrate more on yourself than on me, tbh. I'd start with gearing up, like buying that ring would be a good start for you, socket or not. Plenty with sockets as well if you would bother to scan AH, not that it matters THAT much.
    Sorry but coming here and saying:

If you won't manage to do well with these buffs then you are a lost cause, plain and simple.
    I won't repeat myself about the ranged spot situation, just wait for next week and check the representation on Mythic for the class.

Other people already here showed you the low perfomance of your teamates, the situation will be more complicated for us.

Deleted

haha you are awesome, thank you very much for the best post since release

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Affliction, our weakest spec, was also least buffed? Or am a missing something?