Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm a little surprised by the removal of buffs - I can't see much left to encourage class diversity. Seems like top guilds should be filling all their melee spots with demon hunters right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    I'm a little surprised by the removal of buffs - I can't see much left to encourage class diversity. Seems like top guilds should be filling all their melee spots with demon hunters right now.
    I'll preface this by saying that I miss buffs, but the reality is that buffs only gave the illusion of class diversity. In order for Blizzard to balance around a full coverage of buffs, they had to make sure that even smaller raids could cover all of them. In order to do this, they had to give the same buffs to a lot of classes.

People have been arguing "I'm not unique, so my spot is going to go [X class]" since forever and it's never really happened. Classes should definitely be unique thematically but that has to be balanced to ensure they're not so unique that they are obligatory in group content or that groups without them are crippled.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Sure, they had to make sure that you could cover the buffs with only half a dozen classes. Now, though, you could literally pick the best melee class and the best ranged class and bring only those, except where a fight mechanic is trivialised by a certain class ability, and I haven't seen any of that in EN so far (though I've not read up on many Mythic bosses yet).

Where have you been?

They are almost completely gone; I don't really miss them. As with most everything in WoW these days, if there were class buffs, it would be just another thing to optimize, giving groups less flexibility rather than more. Although there are arguments in favor of both options, I don't think that either option is preferable. *shrug* basically.

I can't believe anyone misses buffs. Unless you're all melee classes saying you miss them? Or maybe you're all classes that had good, powerful buffs. I remember having to beg and plead as a shadow priest, repeatedly over and over all the damn time for spell power, all day long. I was crippled without it and I just couldn't get the other casters to apply it for the life of me. It was especially insulting that Warlocks could double up on MY buff (stam via Dark Intent) and still choose to deny me the single buff I cared about most. It also meant I was screwed in a small raid or a 5-man without another caster to give me spell power. Ugh.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i told blizzard why don't they just give each other player 5% extra stats permanantly? so we don't have to keep clicking 1 spell which wastes 1 slot on our action bar
    so they removed most of them and then they changed the ones ret paladin had
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Haven't played in a while before Legion. But one thing that just hit me is, like no one is buffing or asking for buffs in raids/groups.

Did they like, remove buffs from the game? Or did they just like completely change it?
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Its more along the lines of they are automatically applied if you are grouped with a class that can provide a given buff.
    They did remove them basically, we get them auto applied but that's not the same thing, basically the reason Is their newest template for WoW since Cataclysm which Is: Casual, Casual, Casual. Players too dumb to know they have buffs? Give them automaticly! Surely they don't remember they have Blessing of Might to use on their raid, lets just apply that automaticly.. even though paladins seem to be the few classes to still have those buffs, yet only able to apply 3 buffs total not to a whole group/raid.

Casual casual casual... Blizzard's newest dream about WoW, too many spells? We now got barely 2 pages of spells cause they think we're that stupid to not use them all, stats? There's only a few now, dumbed down stats that won't trouble our casual minds.

You're getting the idea, right? It feels nice to buff someone, or be wanted for that particular thing. Besides the excuse that "Well we don't have that class In the raid, so no buff I guess" Is again, for casuals. Hardcore players, aka those playing for years and years would have alts a plenty surely, and besides you don't -need- every single buff, It's okay... gee, buffs only give you so much.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    "class fantasy"
    so much fantasy clickin a button every hour/wipe
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    They did remove them basically, we get them auto applied but that's not the same thing, basically the reason Is their newest template for WoW since Cataclysm which Is: Casual, Casual, Casual. Players too dumb to know they have buffs? Give them automaticly! Surely they don't remember they have Blessing of Might to use on their raid, lets just apply that automaticly.. even though paladins seem to be the few classes to still have those buffs, yet only able to apply 3 buffs total not to a whole group/raid.

Casual casual casual... Blizzard's newest dream about WoW, too many spells? We now got barely 2 pages of spells cause they think we're that stupid to not use them all, stats? There's only a few now, dumbed down stats that won't trouble our casual minds.

You're getting the idea, right? It feels nice to buff someone, or be wanted for that particular thing. Besides the excuse that "Well we don't have that class In the raid, so no buff I guess" Is again, for casuals. Hardcore players, aka those playing for years and years would have alts a plenty surely, and besides you don't -need- every single buff, It's okay... gee, buffs only give you so much.
    How in any way did removing them have anything to do with casual? It was to balance raids period. But keep using the causal buzz word to blame on everything. Sure in real life you blame everything on liberals right?

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    They removed them because they became just trivial and pointless when they homogeneized them, they became just an incentive to bring some class diversity to raids
    Why wasnt a bad thing. Removing things are boring. This pruning obsession is too much.

Oh, I miss it. I just don't miss having to buff myself/group once an hour.

I hope they bring back something meaningfully useful to cast that signals "hi, good vibes" out in the world.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Deleted
    Far too complicated for today's WoW player - had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Why wasnt a bad thing. Removing things are boring. This pruning obsession is too much.
    But this was actually a good prune it lead to some classes say a hunter who could give every buff wanted more than say a rouge who gave next to no buffs. This actually allows players to bring the player versus the class which blizz has been claiming for years.
    Now taking stuff like my traps, scatter shot, tranquilizing shot away is an example of bad pruning. Man I miss my versitility as a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    I hope they bring back something meaningfully useful to cast that signals "hi, good vibes" out in the world.
    You mean that "Might n00b" feeling?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they're not a thing, brezzing someone and rebuffing them was a PITA. It did feel weird the first couple of days though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    You mean that "Might n00b" feeling?
    Is that the feeling when you cast Blessing of Might on a Mage or Warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Is that the feeling when you cast Blessing of Might on a Mage or Warlock?
    It's one of those things a n00b does the reaction to which keeps new subscriptions from happening.