Thread: Shadow Nerfs

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddow View Post
    "without dramatically changing anyone’s playstyle or causing them to feel as though the spec they chose to focus on became the “wrong choice.” Sure glad they kept to this.
    I'm 99% sure that comment is referring to classes with multiple dps specs; not comparing 2 different classes. E.g., keep fire mage best mage spec.

In no way am I saying this heavy of a nerf was justified, but that philosophy being held onto I'm pretty sure is basically only for pures. (Main swapping in the past was ALWAYS a tough job even if it is harder now. Spec swapping in Legion is infinitely harder than any other time previously)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I just have no words to describe what I feel about Blizzard... not only they nerf our output in only one fucking viable playstyle, but they also doublenerf us by buffing everyone else? Seriously?? I have no words.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-09-24 at 06:46 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    I am actually extremely triggered and surprised over these nerfs. Shadow priests are in no way overperforming any other class? This nerf is actually a big bitch slap to the face. I can live with the drain och Void Form increasing while in Dispersion and VT but the mass hysteria buff, WTF is that!? That's just plain stupid, hope blizzard realizes that they pretty much just made shadow priest one of the bottom tier range in the game. GG my friends, GG

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the buff to Mind Sear like "Alright, probably still be weaker than we expect but this is going in the right direction" straight into disappointment
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

I want to meet whoever is spec designer for SP and shake his neck.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

The benefit of Mass Hysteria (Artifact Trait) is now capped at 100%.
    Note: We want it to be rewarding when you’re able to maintain Surrender to Madness for an extremely long time, but the amount of damage this trait was contributing in those circumstances was excessive.

So we got nerfed at least 50% of the trait. From 200% dmg we got from 100 stacks, now reaching 50 stacks is 100% dmg CAP. And the good part is 50% to mindsear? is this a joke or what...

i have no words. this is retarded
    Last edited by Grv; 2016-09-24 at 07:15 AM.

Idk what to say. Fucking rip. I can honestly say I've never ever felt more like stopping, it's just too heartbreaking trying to make it work when this is what we're served. Sigh.

Demon hunters are also on the chopping block, but they didnt touch fire mages.....wtf blizz.

Yeah of course this happens after i get my legendary . rip

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'm 99% sure that comment is referring to classes with multiple dps specs; not comparing 2 different classes. E.g., keep fire mage best mage spec.

In no way am I saying this heavy of a nerf was justified, but that philosophy being held onto I'm pretty sure is basically only for pures. (Main swapping in the past was ALWAYS a tough job even if it is harder now. Spec swapping in Legion is infinitely harder than any other time previously)
    Honestly it's way worse if they intended it for classes with multiple DPS specs only. "We won't nerf a dps spec too heavily and force you to level another artifact of the same class, but if you play a hybrid then lol start healing."

meanwhile fire mage

http: //mqltv(dot)com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/jean-750x390.jpg
    Last edited by Grv; 2016-09-24 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grv View Post
    meanwhile fire mage

http: //mqltv(dot)com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/jean-750x390.jpg
    That took more effort to see than usual

They'll nerf areas we don't need to be nerfed in, or at least not yet, but don't touch the two almost useless lvl 100 talents are the slew of other underperforming/useless talents we have. Yay for Mind Sear not being complete shit though, but come on, you don't nerf us by 50% because we do fantastic on ONE fight while we are still only doing moderately well elsewhere.

I'm somewhat okay with Dispersion not halting insanity decreasing, but why take it away from VT? At this rate we'll only be able to take our insanity to upper 20's to low 30's without StM.

So glad they are focusing on us in all the wrong ways while fire mages still rule the world.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Good Job shadow priest in Beta who gave blizzard feedback S2M is so cool and there are no worrys with balancing. Everyone should have protested to blizzard that this talent is garbage as you cant blance properly with expotential grwoth in power. It´s a nighmare to balance. I hate surrender to Madness it makes to much trouble!!!

I need to cool down i play my fire mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    are you seriously using xavius as an example of why the nerfs are fair? lol...
    No he didn't, it's much worse than that.

He took the last phase of Xavius as an example, that is to say fully in our execute phase. So he took the phase where we more than double our dps compared to the other 66% of the fight, where to it's an incredibly advantageous fight for SP as we can use our 10 minutes two times with some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    Right. On a fight where we can use S2M TWICE, we do exceptionally well. Why not add something to S2M preventing it from being used twice in the fight then? That would have been a much wiser decision.
    The images are time stamped from P3. So 2 StM usages do not show up. This is purely to show the execute damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    The images are time stamped from P3. So 2 StM usages do not show up. This is purely to show the execute damage.
    But that's what shadowpriests are good at. Try and look at pull damage and you'll see things completely reversed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Right, which is one of those S2M phases. SPriest has godly execute with S2M, and parthetic damage everywhere else.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the "good side" of Mass Hysteria nerf is that it takes care of crazy S2M scaling. It was bound to happen anyway and it might open Shadow to some actual balancing, instead of relying on one broken talent to carry it through bosses.

'Course, this requires more changes. Maybe we'll see them this reset, maybe later. They can't possibly be thinking "problem solved", especially with that Mind Sear change. There's already +50% dmg talent. No one uses it, because it's worthless.

Edit: Either way, the person in charge of Shadow Priests needs to realize that Surrender to Madness is a talent. It's supposed to be a choice, with the other two being viable options in certain cases, and not "barely changes anything" and "only useful because S2M is almost useless in dungeons".
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-09-24 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    hellow everyone, what is the exact dps cycle when we use S2M please?
    at what point should we use the dispersion or VT second time and PI ? thx a lot