Thread: Shadow Nerfs

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    But that's what shadowpriests are good at. Try and look at pull damage and you'll see things completely reversed there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    Right, which is one of those S2M phases. SPriest has godly execute with S2M, and parthetic damage everywhere else.
    And that's the point. On progress the damage what matters the most is 30%->0% damage. Remember literally EVERY end boss(or like 70% of other bosses)? They are massive burn races in the last phase to kill him before it kills you.

That's what Shadow Priests are insane at. That's why they are brought to raids in the world first guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    And that's the point. On progress the damage what matters the most is 30%->0% damage. Remember literally EVERY end boss(or like 70% of other bosses)? They are massive burn races in the last phase to kill him before it kills you.

That's what Shadow Priests are insane at. That's why they are brought to raids in the world first guilds.
    Problem is now with the nerf we won't be much ahead of other classes even during execute, while being garbage for the rest of the fight. Outside of Xavius I can't see anyone bringing a shadowpriest. on the top of my head the only fight I can think of other than xavius where the last 30% are much harder is Ursoc, but that's also a dps race fight where just killing him faster in general is more important than just execute damage.

S2M needed a nerf but not the way it was done. Dispersion not giving stacks I can live with, but void torrent is already a pretty crappy ass artifact talent compared to many of the other DPS ones, and this makes it even worse. The damage was gutted back in beta precisely because of this, and now they did this on top of it without restoring the damage. You are going to notice this is a trend by the way.

MH being capped is cool, it needs it since S2M is a stupid talent they refuse to rework. What I don't like about MH being capped is that the skill ceiling has been lowered with this change. We essentially reach most of our potential in S2M once we hit 50 stacks, which any brain dead spriest can hit, and anything past that isn't going to nearly affect your DPS as much as it currently does. This means that what once made S2M a high skill cap talent essentially got gutted because S2M now is simply just get to 80 stacks and you won't do as bad as the guy who got to 100+10. This change is horrible, they should have added a cap but made it so that the cap reached a 100 stacks, with lower damage per stack count compared to now. They are afraid to do this because this would nerf our damage outside of S2M as well, namely our AoE - and they already refuse to fix this since all they did is give us a stupid mind sear buff that doesn't change anything about how we will aoe still. Also, remember the trend I was talking about? They lowered S2M insanity generation to 150% from 200% in beta because of S2M + MH interaction, made sense back then, but now? No, it doesn't. They should have restored it to 200% after these nerfs, but nope, Blizzard

So to summarize, IMHO, these changes are lazy because they essentially just destroyed the skill cap of spriest and made our artifact special ability even weaker than it already is. Numbers be damned, I'm mad they are making shadow even easier to play because they can't be damned to think of proper nerfs and fixes to us.

Not like we didn't mention this shit a thousand times in beta or anything. Wait till mythic raids to screw over people though because damn you needed raid data to decide something the community has been telling you about for ages. Good one, Blizzard.

Oh how could I also forget, THEY STILL DIDN'T FIX OUR OTHER TWO LEVEL 100 TALENTS FROM BEING COMPLETE TRASH.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-09-24 at 10:15 AM.

Buff dps overall so shadow isnt garbage for 80% of the fight and balance out StM with the other talents. Shouldnt be reliant on one cd to make a class playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Problem is now with the nerf we won't be much ahead of other classes even during execute, while being garbage for the rest of the fight. Outside of Xavius I can't see anyone bringing a shadowpriest. on the top of my head the only fight I can think of other than xavius where the last 30% are much harder is Ursoc, but that's also a dps race fight where just killing him faster in general is more important than just execute damage.
    But that's the strength of a Shadow priest. You take the DPS meter of any DPS and flip it around, meaning your "on-pull burst" happens at the end of the fight rather than at the start, which makes Shadow look bad on meter, simply because you have no burst or reliable way to start in Voidform.

You are really a doomsday person. But any RL will still cream themselves when they think of a Shadow Priest on a boss which has a frenzy phase at 30%.

But that's the strength of a Shadow priest. You take the DPS meter of any DPS and flip it around, meaning your "on-pull burst" happens at the end of the fight rather than at the start, which makes Shadow look bad on meter, simply because you have no burst or reliable way to start in Voidform.

You are really a doomsday person. But any RL will still cream themselves when they think of a Shadow Priest on a boss which has a frenzy phase at 30%.
    You realize how much damage we lose from Mass Hysteria being capped at 50 stacks of voidform right? Our dot damage (which is a little under half our total damage) got cut by 30-50% with this one change.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Why don't u show the numbers for the full fight rather then cutting out the rest so u can make facts and numbers up... I'm sorry but nothing u have said has any valued point or facts, u cherry picked a end fight rather then showed a full fight so u can gimp the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You realize how much damage we lose from Mass Hysteria being capped at 50 stacks of voidform right? Our dot damage (which is a little under half our total damage) got cut by 30-50% with this one change.
    he doesn't play priest, don't even try lmao (he plays MM hunter)

Homophobia is so gay.

Yes, that's how the case was before the nerf, now It's unlikely the difference will be big enough to warrant bringing a shadowpriest, having to carry them through to enrage for them to only be slightly ahead of others. We will see how it turns out, but so far it's not looking good, especially with a lot of other specs either being untouched or buffed.

I don't know about you but I'd rather not get sat out on everything but Xavius.

Not to mention he's using xavius, where a shadowpriest is going to be dotting all the tentacles, and there's a buff you can get as well that increases your damage by 150% etc, so without seeing the log, it's not saying much.

Not that I don't disagree shadow was super strong on that fight, and that S2M + MH needed a nerf, but I don't think he realizes the extent of which S2M + MH is getting gutted in, all while being weak at every other aspect of the game BECAUSE of said talent. Leaving us shitty in every other content while nerfing the only thing worth bringing us to a raid for, is not proper class tuning.

I'm sure all you care about is raiding hunter guy, but please, there's more issues to a spriest than you getting your ass beat by your spriest guildy on xavius and coming to our class forums to cry about it.

S2M came with a high skill cap to reach amazing damage potential, it wasn't a talent every blow joe spriest was going to take and able to perform with. Now that's gone and spriests are going to perform at roughly the same level no matter, all while not excelling at the thing we are brought for anymore - execute damage. I guarantee you fire mages are going to match us in execute damage now, and even if we do beat them, it won't be huge enough to justify bringing an spriest solely just for execute range, whereas with a fire mage you get multiple things (hero, good aoe/cleave, good single and burst). So if we blow at every content, and that's not negated by our performance in raids, why even play an spriest besides you just liking the class?
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-09-24 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    They did. It was capped at 100 Stacks - tied to Voidform.
    No, it wasn't.
    The hysteria stacks keep going after you reach 100 Insanity stacks (at least they did).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Guildmates asked me why I was bailing on SP. Told them it was garbage for everything but single target raid damage and that it probably wasn't going to be over the top there, either. They told me I was crazy. That SPs were going to dominate the meters, especially later with more gear. I said ok, just watch and see.

So, so, so glad I bailed on this spec. Our one SP in raid is doing middling damage on every fight and now he's going to be even worse off. Dude is definitely looking at getting cut when it comes around time to pare down the raid for mythics. I feel bad for him.

This is predictable by Blizzard, though. Certain classes are only allowed one legit spec. If you're a Shaman you best be Resto. If you're a Paladin you best be Prot. If you're a Priest? You best be healing. Blizzard is too dumb and lazy to actually flesh out the hybrid classes and make sure all the specs are working right. Throw in their natural biases towards certain classes (see: Mage) and you're gonna have a bad time if you want to DPS and not do it as one of the pure damage dealing classes. I lived with this nonsense with Enhancement for years. Because you could give yourself a crappy heal that meant you'd never match up with the Rogues, Mages, etc.

It's just such a shame because Shadow can be really fun and it's cool being an "evil" priest. I hope the rest of you did like I did and immediately started grinding out an alt and its artifact power after getting your Priest to 110. Best decision I ever made in this game.

Deleted
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

this should be the new SIM with the class balancing of next week

Most people on these forums have severe levels of autism. I had relatively no difficulty clearing mythic+ 10's while not lagging behind the other dps in the group (comprised of demon hunters and rogues). Honestly can't even fathom how people don't think the mass hysteria nerf is justified. If you want proof, i'm not allowed to post links on new accounts so you'll have to deal with copy paste. puu(dot)sh/rm5kU/a6b206b181(dot)jpg

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-09-24 at 03:07 PM.

Why did they only buff mind dear by50%? It was the worst aoe in the game and now still is

I find it funny they nerfed stm and not buff mind spike. Mind spike was behind purely number wise and they left it unchanged

Another expansion where priests ate screwed over because nobody at blizzard plays a priests
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Mages already doing 1 mil + openers. And they nerf shadow ... Blizzard rly..

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    Mages already doing 1 mil + openers. And they nerf shadow ... Blizzard rly..
    This too

If we were number 1 at the charts sure, but we are not. Fire mages get untouched and our ST damage gets nerfed with the only viable level 100 talent which could only be obtained in PvE and it didn't even push our numbers that high.

Again nobody mains a priest at blizzard.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    This too

If we were number 1 at the charts sure, but we are not. Fire mages get untouched and our ST damage gets nerfed with the only viable level 100 talent which could only be obtained in PvE and it didn't even push our numbers that high.

Again nobody mains a priest at blizzard.
    Well atleast they fixed our AOE.

- - - Updated - - -

On short fights yes, on a 8/10 minute fight, one STM will not be enough to make up for the absolute crap damage the rest of the fight.

Deleted
    I was finally starting to feel positiv about it. I was doing decent in NHC but with those changes ... I fear I'll just go back to LFR again. This is a disapointment and I'm really feeling bad about it. Especially for "lower" skilled shadow priests like me those nerfes are probably going to be even worse than for those really good ones which most likely triggered the nerfs.

Would Warcraft Logs be a good source to get a feeling? If it is, it looks like Shadow is already just "above the average" except for the really, really good players (99th precentile and up ... hard to go further up, isn't it)?

Quote Originally Posted by kms View Post
    Most people on these forums have severe levels of autism. I had relatively no difficulty clearing mythic+ 10's while not lagging behind the other dps in the group (comprised of demon hunters and rogues). Honestly can't even fathom how people don't think the mass hysteria nerf is justified. If you want proof, i'm not allowed to post links on new accounts so you'll have to deal with copy paste. puu(dot)sh/rm5kU/a6b206b181(dot)jpg
    So you found a group that carried you through +10, nice people. After all you only posted a picture of you and your clear. Not of your actual DPS in comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgaragarru View Post
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

this should be the new SIM with the class balancing of next week
    This still assumes you can stay alive with STM for 3 minutes. Which is not very realistic I think.