Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I am guess it is REALLY hard to make polls in threads on MMO-Champion... /s

Can't be bothered to grind through everything on a different class again just so I can catch up to where my old main was, I'll stay DH.

up until this point I was having a blast with legion, logging in completing all the world quests/ hunting for a legendary. Now I just kinda lost all my motivation, there won't be any compensation till karazhan at the earliest.

Just feels awful. The entire way I played the DH got ripped on, muscle memory out the window. Why use a momentum build if nemesis and demon blades are gonna be far more reliant and less dangerous to play around mechanics.

Yea for the first time since legion came out i'm gonna end up letting a cache survive a day :/

Why can't they do things in baby steps? DH's were not insanely OP, but they're just jumping straight to the gutting, nerf throw glaive base damage by nearly a third, then nerf the talent by half, is that a joke?

We were not overpowered in anything but burst AoE, but out burst AoE got a small nerf... Heck, even our burst wasn't that insane if you didn't pick momentum.

Tis a sad day. RIP DAMAGE. I feel like blizzard should let me class change with comparable gear / artifact power. I realize that nerfs and stuff happen but, in legion you cant simply reroll. I've invested way too much time into getting the 150k artifact power I already have... Starting at nothing and regrinding all of that seems stupidly unfair to me. Why they couldn't just nerf our AoE or increase single target abilities to make up for the loss is beyond me. I'll never understand why they resort to nerfing classes into the ground. 15% single-target reduction is too fricken much. I mean I was barley keeping my own against top tier DPS classes. I'll be well behind them now. Not even considering that I bring absolutely no utility to the raid. goodbye hopes of mythic.

Deleted
    I will probably take a good break from this game. Feels like my heart got ripped out and smashed on the ground. Don't have the energy or power to go through all that crap of grinding AP and all those questlines that are fun for a single time just to experience a potential other slap in the face, fuck that. I was expecting nerfs but not like THIS.

What I got from Blizz with their so called "class fantasy" was that all classes have their strengths and weaknesses. Yeah we were good at AOE and our single target was mediocre. Yeah I see that now, cool story. We got shafted in our strength and our weakness at the same time.

No motivation to do order hall campaign, get artifact knowledge, level artifacts and farm reps again, so for now I'm just gonna quit WoW for a bit while I think of what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
    What I got from Blizz with their so called "class fantasy" was that all classes have their strengths and weaknesses. Yeah we were good at AOE and our single target was mediocre. Yeah I see that now, cool story. We got shafted in our strength and our weakness at the same time.
    Pretty much. Punished for being good at what we specialize in, and having both our strengths and weaknesses hammered. Like I said in another thread: Blizzard is basically saying "Here's your grave, Havoc DHs."

It's insane how many people play a class just for the numbers, and not for the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    It's insane how many people play a class just for the numbers, and not for the gameplay.
    It's an RPG, a pretty dated one, the numbers are half of the gameplay.

People aren't favoring purely gameplay in a 2016 title that still has casters turreting the entire time

I'm not a very numbers-based person, but while playing havoc, I'm squishy and my single-target abilities are whack. Yes, I am good at AoE and using AoE by pulling multiple mobs, using AoE CDs to get them down quick and heal myself with the soul fragments. Without that, you're essentially a wet sponge hitting like a noodle.

Appearance/look is one factor for me, and the numbers are another. If my abilities look cool, but I keep dying to quest mobs because I have the survivability of a hamster in a shredder, that detracts from the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm not a very numbers-based person, but while playing havoc, I'm squishy and my single-target abilities are whack. Yes, I am good at AoE and using AoE by pulling multiple mobs, using AoE CDs to get them down quick and heal myself with the soul fragments. Without that, you're essentially a wet sponge hitting like a noodle.
    Havoc had too strong aoe. By nerfing it by 10%-20%, the damage doesn't go to "wet noodle". It goes on par with other classes.

Havoc had too strong aoe. By nerfing it by 10%-20%, the damage doesn't go to "wet noodle". It goes on par with other classes.
    Yes, but the AoE was mostly in the form of Fury of the Illidari and Fel Barrage (at least in my case), and Fury of the Illidari is on a relatively hefty (in combat-time terms) CD, which means that the power of havoc relied on strong AoE on a CD, which made it nearly a necessity to pull multiple mobs at a time, unleash said CDs to get the best out of what you could do, instead of wasting them on single enemies so you would have to wait between pulls since single-target attacks are whack.

to the ground....

or not. DH aoe was just obscene.

Holy cow. What a bunch of whiners. You are literally one of the strongest classes in the game. You got well deserved nerf and you start to QQ and want to ragequit now? I think you should start a warlock and see their current state before you start crying about not being able to top the meters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, but the AoE was mostly in the form of Fury of the Illidari and Fel Barrage (at least in my case), and Fury of the Illidari is on a relatively hefty (in combat-time terms) CD, which means that the power of havoc relied on strong AoE on a CD, which made it nearly a necessity to pull multiple mobs at a time, unleash said CDs to get the best out of what you could do, instead of wasting them on single enemies so you would have to wait between pulls since single-target attacks are whack.
    Single target dps is fine. Check logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    Holy cow. What a bunch of whiners. You are literally one of the strongest classes in the game. You got well deserved nerf and you start to QQ and want to ragequit now? I think you should start a warlock and see their current state before you start crying about not being able to top the meters anymore.
    You don't even fucking know what is nerfed, yet you come here to express your opinion.

Did you know EVERYTHING got hit? Not only AoE? Did you know that actually what got hit the less is AoE burst? Did you know after this hits you will still see DHs bursting for 2M damage in pulls?

Did you know what everyone is complaining is about the ST/Cleave damage nerf that was not needed AT ALL?

I support the dmg nerfs. Havoc is insane dmg atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    You don't even fucking know what is nerfed, yet you come here to express your opinion.

Did you know EVERYTHING got hit? Not only AoE? Did you know that actually what got hit the less is AoE burst? Did you know after this hits you will still see DHs bursting for 2M damage in pulls?

Did you know what everyone is complaining is about the ST/Cleave damage nerf that was not needed AT ALL?
    For the last time. Play something else and then complain. DH was/is(?) insane and you are crying like little princesses. You just won't faceroll anymore and your gameplay will require planning and skill now to fight for the first spot now.