Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Elemental Buffs Incoming with Next Server Restart.

Elemental

Mastery effects increased by 12.5%.
    Chain Lightning Maelstrom generation increased to 6.
    Lightning Bolt (Elemental) damage increased by 23%.
    Chain Lightning (Elemental) damage increased by 23%.
    Lava Burst damage increased by 5%.
    Storm Elemental (Talent)’s Call Lightning and Wind Gust damage increased by 20%.

Enhancement buffs too! More baseline windfury procs (20%), there was a bug with lava lash proccing Doomwinds' windfury 100% of the time.

i wish i knew anything about #s. lightning bolt hits for such shit damage, its hard for me to tell if a 23% increase actually matters lol. and should that fix our AOE dps too?

and im assuming the mastery change means that our overload hits for 87.5% now? I was hoping for maybe some scaling but hell i was way wishful thinking because the spec just felt THAT BAD to me.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lava burst is still a wet noodle. Still doesn't seem like enough to start pumping extra AP back into the ele weapon. I do want to play ele, but considering I haven't even reached the second golden trait in enhance after respeccing at 110, I don't believe I have the resources to keep on flip-flopping.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-09-24 at 03:18 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping for more of a rework to artifact ability....oh well. Time to move on to Boomkin for ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Was hoping for more of a rework to artifact ability....oh well. Time to move on to Boomkin for ranged.
    Agreed. I mean, I'm staying enhance because I love it, but I like elemental's theme. It's not just a damage problem -- the spec itself is inherently clunky with stormkeeper on the GCD and having it empower a meh skill.

Quote Originally Posted by nRocket View Post
    Agreed. I mean, I'm staying enhance because I love it, but I like elemental's theme. It's not just a damage problem -- the spec itself is inherently clunky with stormkeeper on the GCD and having it empower a meh skill.
    Yeah a boosted crap spell is still a crap spell. If they want to keep it boosting lightning bolt it definitely needs to come off the gcd. It should also give a decent chunk of maelstrom to get us started since that's another area we have issues with.

If you actually paid attention to blue posts, these are known to be quick fixes. Actually reworks and more substantial changes need to happen in a proper patch.

as an actual question, does anyone know if this pushes storm ele above elemental mastery?

Isn't a relatively big Mastery increase like that + a huge increase on LB/CL actually a really huge DPS upgrade and higher Maelstrom generation?

I mean, yeah, they still have the movement problems, but this actually like really pushes their DPS, I believe.

Still better than nothing. These changes are coming next restart. We will definitely see more changes in 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Isn't a relatively big Mastery increase like that + a huge increase on LB/CL actually a really huge DPS upgrade and higher Maelstrom generation?

I mean, yeah, they still have the movement problems, but this actually like really pushes their DPS, I believe.
    Any chance of it pushing mastery into Ele's best stat?

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    they dont do major changes on a hotfix. just numbers

Anyone elemental able to surmise if this will make the spec competitive or not? Sounds okay but I think being that bottom of the barrel something really needs help not just 10-15 across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Any chance of it pushing mastery into Ele's best stat?
    Not even close no. But, it does make mastery good enough that you won't completely avoid it, and you will want to maintain some on your gear. It's a better state to be in, our gear will want to be a bit more balanced going forward.

Numerically, these buffs are likely not enough (especially factoring in some of the specs that got buffed but were not underperforming). That said, they're a good first pass, especially within the limitations of a hotfix (we likely won't see major trait changes before 7.1, because that would impact the investments people have already made).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Anyone elemental able to surmise if this will make the spec competitive or not? Sounds okay but I think being that bottom of the barrel something really needs help not just 10-15 across the board.
    I applied the buffs to the number 4 parse on HC Nythendra, upped the DPS from 236k to 253k.
    So about an 8% buff for Ascendence build as someone said in another thread.
    It's... well... something? Maybe better with Lightning Rod, but seeing as almost everyone that wasn't 40k DPS ahead of us also got buffed, I'd say we're still pretty much bottom/near bottom of the pack. On a single target DPS fight, where the top parses probably didn't have to move THAT much.

So... yeah... um... maybe have hope for the next tuning pass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Buffs are decent and better than my low expectations, the bigger issue is a lot of those at the top not taking the substantial nerfs most expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Still better than nothing. These changes are coming next restart. We will definitely see more changes in 7.1.
    We'll see if that's true. I hope so and 7.1 isn't that far away (my guess is ~ 2 months) but if Blizzard doesn't change Stormkeeper... well.

So judging from initial reports our buffs amount to a roughly 7 % damage increase, which by using overall data for heroic EM at 75th percentile takes us from 205k to 219k, which is still below specs who are receiving buffs of a similar magnitude. Obviously simply using overall data isn't as accurate as different fights get weighted differently and makes no distinction between different types of fights, but it still gives us a rough idea on where we are going to stand.

This means we're still probably gonna end up hanging out at the bottom, which in itself isn't a problem. Someone always have to be at the bottom, right? The problem is that the gap between top and bottom is still going to be too great. Fire, Windwalker and Feral remain untouched and are sitting happily at 250k, which is ~15 % above where Elementals are going to sit post buffs. In my opinion 15 % is too much, 10 % is too much. 7-8 % is the end of what I would consider tolerable. 0 % should be the aim, 5 % the realistic goal.
    Last edited by Menubrea; 2016-09-24 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    as an actual question, does anyone know if this pushes storm ele above elemental mastery?
    According to Starsha on the Shaman discord, no.

LR build /w EM is best while LR build with SE is last on that list.