I dont understand. The nerfs were coming, everyone knew it. But why would they nerf the only crutch that made the spec feel more fluid and fun?

Sure ETW was stupidly powerful as a trait and was causing unintuitive gearing choices of taking lower ilvl relics. But i feel like developers forget that a balancing scale has two sides.

They couldve nerfed ETW, but buffed base tactician. Or made charge generate more rage. Made BC generate rage on use. i dont mind doing 15-20% less damage or whatever it ended up being. I mind that im going to spend more time with a thumb up my ass now.

The prot changes are just baffling. That spec was already borderline narcolepsy inducing.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    to be honest, i was heavliy expecting arms nerf, focused rage and ETW was getting 100% nerf, etw was stupidly op and ridiculous, only fishing for ETW relics was annoying, that i dumped 845 shadow relic for 825 etw shadow relic was kinda annoying.

however, i was really expecting execute buff, it hits like fucking wet noodle compare to WoD execute, idk why our iconic ability doesn;t look "iconic", but instead we got flat overall nerf ( which is the most weird stuff? ), i mean the other talents are already bad, and blizzard made it worst
    Last edited by Teaon; 2016-09-24 at 09:25 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    to be honest, i was heavliy expecting arms nerf, focused rage and ETW was getting 100% nerf, etw was stupidly op and ridiculous, only fishing for ETW relics was annoying, that i dumped 845 shadow relic for 825 etw shadow relic was kinda annoying.

however, i was really expecting execute buff, it hits like fucking wet noodle compare to WoD execute, idk why our iconic ability doesn;t look "iconic", but instead we got flat overall ( which is the most weird stuff? ), i mean the other talents are already bad, and blizzard made it worst
    I was so down in the dumps about the ETW nerf that I completely forgot about execute

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    I also expected a FR-nerf, one talent taking Arms from middle of the pack to the top? nerfbait if i ever saw it.

Nerfing EtW is... well, not entirely unexpected, choice of relics turned into "Get one with EtW or you're gimped", which undermines the whole idea of relics as being a choice, but i was kind of hoping for a buff to tactician's base proc-rate, in light of the whole "We want classes to be fun at all gear-levels", taking Tactician proc-rate away from traits and not putting it back in base proc-rate is a flat-out nerf (To all of arms-spec, not just the overperforming FR-setup), but an RNG-nerf on top of that (Which is IMO the worst kind), it's unnoticeable when you get a lucky streak and hair-pullingly aggravating when you have to wait out CS' full cooldown several times in a row.

etw nerf made an already wide spread dps swing even more wider. There will always be a parse where RNG gods granted to a soul all their might and made him pull that crazy damage. What they should be doing instead buffing base tactician and lowering the importance of the relics. But hey, its blizzard and we all knew they would fucked this up and they did

Deleted
    Pure dummy dps for me: 50% EtW, 86% mastery 7% haste 19 points in at 50m~ damage went down from 320-340k dps to 190-240k cuz on some tests I had NO procs at all. With fury I'm at 200k~ with no golden traits. 13 points in. oh also 875 ilvl vs 868 ilvl weapons. I would be fine with a damage nerf. But why the nerf the gameplay aswell. Were some players overwhelmed with the procs? I know it can be bothersome in a longer period of play (new raid progress) but cmon staring at the screen for 20 sec spamming FR is NO FUN AT ALL. I really enjoyed the new arms really did. But looks like I'll spent some more points into fury since my arms weapon is basicly done for PvP atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    Pure dummy dps for me: 50% EtW, 86% mastery 7% haste 19 points in at 50m~ damage went down from 320-340k dps to 190-240k cuz on some tests I had NO procs at all.
    The changes didn't even go live yet and you already lost 100k dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Placebo is a hell of a thing.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Well this guys is talking out of his ass but the main point stands, no CS proc is hell and hell just got a lot closer.

Are there any all-class sims with a new changes or is it too early to expect?

Keep FR and ETW nerf
    Buff baseline tactician from 0.65% to 0.85%
    Put hamstring on the GCD (make it off gcd in pvp through talents if you want)

So difficult.

What I don't understand is how feral managed to avoid not being touched at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    What I don't understand is how feral managed to avoid not being touched at all?
    This too. They're insane on single targets.

Seriously considering to go different class. Fury is pretty much nonexsistent, prot is braindead, and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yassy View Post
    I dont understand. The nerfs were coming, everyone knew it. But why would they nerf the only crutch that made the spec feel more fluid and fun?

Sure ETW was stupidly powerful as a trait and was causing unintuitive gearing choices of taking lower ilvl relics. But i feel like developers forget that a balancing scale has two sides.

They couldve nerfed ETW, but buffed base tactician.

exactly what i thought when reading the nerfs. Less damage? Absolutely okay, we were overperforming. Nerfing ETW? Totally fine. Not buffing base Tactician and letting us doing NOTHING even LONGER in a fight, unacceptable.

And that spamming Hamstring during BC is absolutely retarded wasn't challenged at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    This too. They're insane on single targets.
    Yet have absolutely garbage AoE. Fire Mages didn't get touched either and they're insane at both; ST and AoE.

Deleted
    JUST lower cd of avatar, BS to 1 min and Warbraker to 30 sek and i am fine.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Keep FR and ETW nerf
    Buff baseline tactician from 0.65% to 0.85%
    Put hamstring on the GCD (make it off gcd in pvp through talents if you want)

So difficult.
    It is if you don't play your own game and understand things

Which they don't.

Well to be fair you weren't completely "gimped" if you didnt have ETW relics. I had 0 of them and did 350k on ursoc. Idk how lucky I was but it wasn't that bad without ETW just slower. Meanwhile my ETW is going from30% to fucking 9% /wrist. I have 15 points in fury but just put a 870 relic in my arms weapon YAY. With Fury cleave already being better in my opinion and now CS resets are going to be slow as shit I feel like I should just go fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Well to be fair you weren't completely "gimped" if you didnt have ETW relics. I had 0 of them and did 350k on ursoc. Idk how lucky I was but it wasn't that bad without ETW just slower. Meanwhile my ETW is going from30% to fucking 9% /wrist. I have 15 points in fury but just put a 870 relic in my arms weapon YAY. With Fury cleave already being better in my opinion and now CS resets are going to be slow as shit I feel like I should just go fury.
    fury is even worse why would you go that spec? if you dont like arms anymore then just re roll there is no point in going from arms to trash tier fury it will be even worse.