Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Officially supported by US UK and France. Just in case you missed it.
    So?, the arabs had to beg the us to get involved with airstrikes in yemen because they suck at it. Just like iraq begged the us to help out against isis in iraq.

Dont ask them for help then?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, let the Congress do shit and overrule. How will they react when the first lawsuits against US are filed ?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    So?, the arabs had to beg the us to get involved with airstrikes in yemen because they suck at it. Just like iraq begged the us to help out against isis in iraq.

Saudis have money iraq dont thats easy.

There are so many issues with this bill, I don't know where to begin.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post

But... did you not say that the saudis do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    But... did you not say that the saudis do it better.
    Yeah i did say they are better at hitting civilians, that's why they needed some help and now isis is on the run there to, or maby that was libya where they where on the run i cant remember isis are in alot of places now
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-09-24 at 12:14 PM.

upending the normal means by which the government singles out foreign nations as state sponsors of terrorism and opening American officials and military personnel to legal jeopardy.
    It's all about protecting his own, not his country. Obama is a coward (though not the only president who would act as such) because he would never veto this if he was running for his second term. Also, what a way to acknowledge America's past of villainy.

I imagine, if people couldn't seek punitive measures against Saudi Arabia, they'd settle for just financial compensation; but Obama isn't offering that to his people either in denying them their pursuit of restitution and closure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    But the rigth wing in america will spin it as him being a muslim.
    This is going to be fun.
    Maybe President Trump will exile Obama with other Muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    i was almost dying here, rolling on the floor.
    Do they really assime they can sue the King of SA ? The Keeper of the most holy sites of Islam ?
    BWHAHAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Well..... US has no say where the Court would be. The Hague or otherwise: your representant has to show up where ordered by the court. Or you lose the lawsuit immediately.
    If the plaintiffs had the financial means to get there, I'd imagine SA would arrange for kidnapping and assassinations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Ok, let the Congress do shit and overrule. How will they react when the first lawsuits against US are filed ?
    Canada can finally rule when the US goes broke. J/k, Canada never had a chance.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-09-24 at 01:30 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    For real: what is the idea behind lawsuit versus Saudi Arabia ? who/what is the defendant ?

Deleted
    Wait a second ...

so does that mean the whole world can sue USA for it's involvement in A LOT of shit around the world?

Woah, you REALLY don't want that, USA ... oh no, you don't.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Wait a second ...

so does that mean the whole world can sue USA for it's involvement in A LOT of shit around the world?

a very shy and humble song of triumph from all the lawyers around.... and sending some flowers to congress for overturning the veto

Some how in these types of threads Israel will end up being blamed. *waits*

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgesPast0 View Post
    Some how in these types of threads Israel will end up being blamed. *waits*

Hmm, Israel can be sued too ? Now that was easy, as everyone can blame any country.

People have tried to sue churches, why hasn't anyone tried to sue mosques or some religious body? Are they going to sue IS next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... do we want precedent that its cool to sue a country that harmed you?

The US would be out of money faster than you can say "what the fuck Greymane, why are you eating my popcorn?"

The entire notion is nuts, I mean for fuck sake it would be a never ending spiral of lawsuits from countries who feel like they have the right to sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The entire notion is nuts, I mean for fuck sake it would be a never ending spiral of lawsuits from countries who feel like they have the right to sue.
    Think of the lawsuits over world wars.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Think of the lawsuits over world wars.
    Now if there was no limit on how long ago the accusations took place, imagine the mess of suing people over ww1 or 2, it would be waste of taxpayers money of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Wait a second ...

we can sue USA for their involvement in the dictatorships that they sponsored in south america!
    /sarcasm off
    will the republican congress think about this?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see republican comments on this matter..

Of course he ran cover for the Saudis, no one is surprised by this. Bush did too.

People just don't understand that political leadership is a special "elite" club. They won't go against one of their own. There is really only one party in this country (it just shows you two faces to give you the illusion of choice). Only a few people are still falling for it, most aren't.

That's why they all hate Trump and he has them all in a tither. He isn't a member of that club and the club members are afraid of what he might do to affect their little club if he wins. Why do you think the Bushes are supporting Hillary? Because the family that attacked Iraq twice someone finds Trump distasteful? Hahaha, that is almost as ridiculous as Hillary saying thatTtrump is the "dangerous" one when she bombed out Libya with Obams with no congressional approval at all....