Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Looks like Affliction, our weakest spec, was also least buffed? Or am a missing something?
    I don't think you missed anything. Affliction will be in a relatively better spot, but still not exactly good. I'm counting on 7.1 to really make some worthwhile changes to aff and demo, and hopefully 7.1 will be out before 2017. Affliction is very likely still going to struggle on single target DPS after the changes.

Deleted
    These changes are really good for how fast they come.

I am a little bit surprised that they buffed demo more than affliction.

Really glad about Rain of Fire cast time removal. That is a big one for me in terms of enjoyment.

Now a few quality of life changes to some spells and we finally have an expansion pack BOYS

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Looks like Affliction, our weakest spec, was also least buffed? Or am a missing something?
    It got the biggest AoE buff though. Because Aff was so severely lacking in that department (although I suppose buff to Singularity may make it a bit more viable in ST).

Also, in't the hotfix live already?

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    I don't think you missed anything. Affliction will be in a relatively better spot, but still not exactly good. I'm counting on 7.1 to really make some worthwhile changes to aff and demo, and hopefully 7.1 will be out before 2017. Affliction is very likely still going to struggle on single target DPS after the changes.
    Ehh, the few specs that were slightly below Aff got bigger buffs. If anything Aff will drop even lower despite dealing more damage than it did before.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-24 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    The cast time removal of Rain of Fire is the standout here, my god is that a good change. The damage buff across the board is very welcome too.

I'm interested to see how Demo will fair now. That's a really significant buff across the board, albeit lacking any mechanical polishes.

Deleted
    The only change I would really like right now and I'd be happy would be :

- Incinerate critical strikes generate 1 soul shard

Or well they could give me Feretory of Souls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Also, in't the hotfix live already?
    No, it will only come live at weekly reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    Or well they could give me Feretory of Souls.
    Sorry, these things are only reserved for those with optimistic outlook on things. If you behave, then I'll give a word for you to devs to fix you one next month when I go collect my PR paycheck.

Har har.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    My apologies are in order.

You were right they acted fast this time with LEGION and I was wrong that balance issues will carry through the expansion pack.

If these buffs are enough in order to bring us in line I don't know, but they are defitinively helping us out a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    My apologies are in order.

You were right they acted fast this time with LEGION and I was wrong that balance issues will carry through the expansion pack.

If these buffs are enough in order to bring us in line I don't know, but they are defitinively helping us out a lot.
    Cool, but I think they are not quite done - this hotfix is very rough. Expect additional changes during EN.

But really, it is just a case of having a little faith in things. What this hotfix will give - it will make warlocks compete just fine, maybe not the 1st spot ooo000ooOo0 type of compete, but definitely decent enough. This is fine quick fix.

7.1 will most likely bring more substantial mechanical changes here and there as well (but not heavy/complete overhaul if someone expects that). Overall I believe we will be OK during Legion and I would keep an eye on Demo - it will grow to be VERY strong eventually.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-24 at 09:57 AM.

Ah, right, should read more of the Blue post than just Class balance tweaks <.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Cool, but I think they are not quite done - this hotfix is very rough. Expect additional changes during EN.

But really, it is just a case of having a little faith in things. What this hotfix will give - it will make warlocks compete just fine, maybe not the 1st spot ooo000ooOo0 type of compete, but definitely decent enough. This is fine quick fix.

7.1 will most likely bring more substantial mechanical changes here and there as well (but not heavy/complete overhaul if someone expects that). Overall I believe we will be OK during Legion and I would keep an eye on Demo - it will grow to be VERY strong eventually.
    Until they nerf it hard, because they don't want us playing it.

Never forget

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD Demo ended up being a mess, I am glad it got dismantled. Best Demo so far, IMO, was ICC and Cata and then they just could not help but keep adding shit to it until it became the mess it was in the end.

Deleted
    But it didn't. They burnt it to the ground to stop people from wanting to play it, many months before dismantling and rebuilding it. The alleged reason was that demonology was clearly a top performer and people felt pressed into playing it even if they didn't enjoy it. Exactlylike Destruction is now lmao

Deleted
    Actually... I realy dont know if i should re-roll to mage now or stick to Warlock... My mage is now 106 and i have more fun with it. Warlock got a buff now, yeah... But i dont realy like the playstyle of it. Also, my warlock has currently 856 ilvl and level 22 Artifact Level.. Idk if its worth now to re-roll or not because of the buff... Im realy in a struggle right now ... They didnt even touched Fire Mages and everyone know, how good fire mages are in burst and in single target dps.. I dont care much about AoE...

I think i should just wait for Mythic raids and check logs of guilds to see whats better actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It got the biggest AoE buff though. Because Aff was so severely lacking in that department (although I suppose buff to Singularity may make it a bit more viable in ST).
    I'm surprised by the buff to SoC, but PS makes sense to keep it from being completely overtaken by the other talents.

I looked through the logs again, and Aff is also very under-represented; with 'the right build' I don't think it's as weak as people think it is. Definitely could use some tweaks to the talents/traits, which obviously won't happen until 7.1 at the earliest but I think it should do okay for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trundle View Post
    sure they buffed our damage but the class is still aids to play mechanically all 3 specs
    This.

Actually happy with the changes. Especially the one for RoF. I also have to say i grow on Mana Tap (fuck MT), I literally forced myself to play with it during a week. I've made a couple of new auras for TMW, and now it looks pretty good. (bb reverse entropy, i also have to say you REALLY need haste w/o it).

WoD Demo ended up being a mess
    Not really.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2016-09-24 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's something, at least. Fix and update Afflictions outdated Artifact traits so 1- not everything is on kill and 2- return souls back or simply redo the traits entirely. If we still had the souls from before they took them out and replaced them with spheres then it wouldn't be so horrid. Maybe simply returning the souls back would work. Dunno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Increasing numbers doesn't fix the mechanical problems the class currently has. It's a band-aid because our numbers were too low.

In 7.1 they need to start working on making the class fun to play again.
    keep seeing this posted everywjere. Asmittedly i only leveld a warlock in mop/wod. But i find how it plays now quite good. I think shards may have been a bad idea for all specs like most ppl. Only issue i have now os getting into gros on lfg.. painful for dps. Unless the dungeon is on world quests that is. Gotta find me a decent guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    It's something, at least. Fix and update Afflictions outdated Artifact traits so 1- not everything is on kill and 2- return souls back or simply redo the traits entirely. If we still had the souls from before they took them out and replaced them with spheres then it wouldn't be so horrid. Maybe simply returning the souls back would work. Dunno.
    Stop this already. Just stop. Souls were removed based on player feedback, because it was overwhelmingly negative. Why? Because targeting dozens of small shitty translucent adds throughout the fight to regain resources/buff yourself SUCKS DICK. Plain and simple. It unneccesarily overcomplicates things any normal spec does just by pushing a button. Between old iteration souls and Effigy, you'd spend half the fight not even targeting the boss... or the adds... or not anything meaningful, but rather your own shit that's there as a target you need to get to maintain your baseline and if you drop it you're punished. This isn't and wasn't ever good design, it's a clusterfuck, it shouldn't have ever been made like that and it sure as hell should not be brought back. Bringing it back would bring Aff, in one simple change, from "clunky" or "has issues" to "actually and literally not a playable raid spec".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Holy crap, no??? It was literal AIDS.

It was changed because everyone was complaining like mad and for good reason - it was so shit that frikkin' effigy is a pinnacle of amazing QoL design in comparison.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, no??? It was literal AIDS.

It was changed because everyone was complaining like mad and for good reason - it was so shit that frikkin' effigy is a pinnacle of amazing QoL design in comparison.
    Then they should change aff golden traits. Soul Flame is fine since it fills the AoE niche, but 2 on-death talents are way too much imo. Change it to proc off consuming a soulshard or something and it's gucci.

Overall I like the changes, the only thing I hope for is that they don't stop at this and actually make some gameplay tweaks in major patches. Still, very nice for a hotfix, I'm regaining hope.