Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    A IP i could have understand but the rage nerf? caught me totaly by suprise tbh.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Prot wasn't even that strong IMO. I'm a healer, we have a prot war and a Gaurdian druid, I prefer healing the druid waaaay more.

On heroic, IP is doing fuck all, you get no lasting uptime, it doesn't even last long enoguh to re-apply. You can't stack shields to cap like you can in mythic dungeons. The result is spikey as hell health bars. It needed a baseline nerf and a scaling buff, because it's too strong in dungeons at low gear levels and far too weak in heroic+ Raiding. It's almost not worth using tbh, shield block would probably yield better results.

I have a prot warrior alt, and my only problem with it is that I was rage starved, allot. I found myself leaping away / charging just to get a bit of extra rage, I'm wondering what in the hell they were thinking here.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I'm wondering what in the hell they were thinking here.
    That enough people cried constantly. So mom and dad just gave in and bought them the toy they wanted to shut them up.

Because you are right, in raids, Ignore Pain doesn't last very long before its run through. In 5 mans, its up all the time because its lower damage incoming and tuned for larger damage incoming (aka raids). You can't tune to 5 mans, when the end game is raids, regardless of Blizzard is trying to tell casuals with "oh yeah, mythic dungeons are end game stuff too guys, plz subscribe." But enough people cried, so they nerfed it.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Prot wasn't even that strong IMO. I'm a healer, we have a prot war and a Gaurdian druid, I prefer healing the druid waaaay more.

On heroic, IP is doing fuck all, you get no lasting uptime, it doesn't even last long enoguh to re-apply. You can't stack shields to cap like you can in mythic dungeons. The result is spikey as hell health bars. It needed a baseline nerf and a scaling buff, because it's too strong in dungeons at low gear levels and far too weak in heroic+ Raiding. It's almost not worth using tbh, shield block would probably yield better results.

I have a prot warrior alt, and my only problem with it is that I was rage starved, allot. I found myself leaping away / charging just to get a bit of extra rage, I'm wondering what in the hell they were thinking here.
    That's what Warriors have been telling to nerf criers who have only seen Prot Warrior in heroic dungeons and think it's OP. As soon as incoming damage gets high enough that it will over power the IP then the amount of healing Warrior requires spikes up really fast.

I don't know, the protection warrior you played with must have been pretty bad then. I got my Ignore Pain about constantly, besides on Ursoc and Cenarius. Topping the healing meter on ursoc with 350k.

Deleted
    Why do they have to take the joy out of the spec, I dont understand!

Yea sorry but the prot warrior you're playing with is completely awful. I was taking 80 stacks for fun on cenarius, the good news is he won't be affected by these changes because he's already not doing it right.

Honestly these changes are fine - I play a prot warrior 7/7HC and we're broken as all hell. I took every rend flesh on Ursoc, neth/dragons can't even break IP if you go afk. All this change does is make prot warrior boring as hell again, if it goes through the vengeance talent is basically useless you might aswel take the 3% extra haste for single target.

Xavius was lumping the living fuck out of my paladin offtank and you're basically able to weave an ignore pain for every melee hit - if anybody is playing prot warrior to a decent ability level then you'll realize you're all full of shit if you don't think we need this change to bring us in line.

This change was for all of the warriors going full versatility and pressing nothing but ignore pain without even using shield block, because the tools we have to gain rage can completely be abused and not the way they want us to play protection.

Oh no we'll actually get hit now, get a grip boys.

Deleted

classic example of experiencing bad prot warrs, therefore the spec isn't good.
    If you didn't think warr was the best tank atm you're deluding yourself (not just aimed at you, everyone in the thread).

Deleted
    Finally, took them long enough to be fair, the whole thing sounded idiotic even before launch. As someone who mained a prot warrior for 9-10 years, this is a very welcome change. Not that I am going to switch back to warrior anytime soon, it was far too easy to play and offered very little excitement.

Deleted
    I just find it weird that they would fuck up the mechanics and call it "nerfs".

I would have preferred a straight up reduction to IP as opposed to a nerf in the rage gen. Thats in the toilet
    to begin with. Unless they assume EVERYONE is rolling the legendary and the 4p bonus. Thats ok though.
    As the borg say, "We will adapt".

It's ridiculous that they do all this indirect nonsense instead of just nerfing IP. I love prot, but don't raid and already feel like it's an unrewarding spec to play in open world type situations where you aren't getting absolutely pelted with damage. Can't they just nerf IP and be done with it? Killing rage gen hurts the overall playability of the spec in all situations... not just the high end content everyone is complaining about. Couldn't they at least pair it with some reduced cooldowns to increase the interactivity of the spec? As-is we'll spend even more of our time doing nothing but spamming Devastate.

Deleted
    Don't care about IP nerf. But nerfing rage generation? Fucking retarded.

All they needed to do, was decrease the cap on stacking IP. Period. It was such a simple thing they needed to do since the only issue with IP is its insane stack-ability.

But no, lets make an already rage starved class even more so.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    insane stack-ability
    It stacks exactly three times.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-09-25 at 10:07 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    These nerfs feel rather minor. Expected worse. Still very viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    These nerfs feel rather minor. Expected worse. Still very viable.
    On what planet exactly?

I dont understand how you guys think warriors were balanced, looking on the logs, they shit on every other tank, hell they heal themselves nore than blood dks while taking less damage, i'm not sure this nerf is even enough, i dont know if this was the proper way to nerf them, but they certainly needed one.

Deleted
    The DH tank on the bench says "hi"

Quote Originally Posted by Ray3andrei View Post
    I dont understand how you guys think warriors were balanced, looking on the logs, they shit on every other tank, hell they heal themselves nore than blood dks while taking less damage, i'm not sure this nerf is even enough, i dont know if this was the proper way to nerf them, but they certainly needed one.
    I don't think many warriors will argue that Ignore Pain didn't need a nerf. Its the way they nerfed it via rage generation that has reaching implications outside of Ignore Pain.
    But oh well, enough people cry about it, and Blizzard nerfs shit.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.