Page 91 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I look forward to being able to play frost again!

10+ Year Old Account
    WAOW, Blizzard actually listened. By raw estimates, we've received an all-round 10% buff, which should be rounded up to 13% or more with artifact traits. I would have loved to see Frost Strike becoming the actual hard hitter for mastery to become more viable personally, also Obliterate could still have some sort of scaling other than our weapon damage, but those are very welcome and long-awaited changes.

Now, on to actual theorycrafting, can we see Remorseless Winter and Breath of Sindragosa as viable single target abilities now?
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-09-24 at 07:27 AM.

Remorseless will be viable without doubt, in addition it will be worth to take the talent that increases its duration per rune spent, its synergy with the artifact trait can be VERY interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    I was already pounding hard on UH dks with gathering storm, new RW buff will make things even better.

Thanks Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Remorseless will be viable without doubt, in addition it will be worth to take the talent that increases its duration per rune spent, its synergy with the artifact trait can be VERY interesting
    It was always reliable, and that talent was best talent in that row for eternity, but synergy was removed in beta, in past you could stack Frozen Soul with each hit to an enemy, making GS to allow a RW to get 20 stacks on a ST. Damage was insane and it was fun, but blizz decided traits and talents shouldn't have that much synergy.

Frozen Soul is only effected by the number of enemies you hit now, and last I checked in beta duration of Frozen Soul was not changed by GS. Explosion timer was default.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quick question:

I'm looking for an in depth guide for DPS DKs,

Something besides icy veins, preferably with trinket sims etc.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    arms warriors, virtually untouched.
    -7% tactician per level + 20% ms damage per FR. Arms has been butchered

They murdered demonhunters and left fire mages, arms warriors, and marksman hunters virtually untouched. The outlaw rogue nerfs were marginal and assassination rogue got buffed.

Don't even expect to be in the league of World of Pure Class.
    Arms warrior got a giant nerf, it may not seem it but they did. Marksman nerf wasn't giant but is at the same time. Barrage is MM's hardest hitting ability before the artifacts (probably after as well)

Assassination needed the buff, they already looked at it with gear and it doesn't get any better. I don't agree with the Sub buffs as Sub is supposed to overtake outlaw later in the expansion with enough gear and a full artifact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by incko View Post
    Quick question:

I'm looking for an in depth guide for DPS DKs,

Something besides icy veins, preferably with trinket sims etc.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
    I would hold off until the changes are live and people have looked at them more. The buff's could case new builds which cause new stat priorities.

I am excited to test out a remorseless winter build to see if it is any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Xavius WOL logs to check how much we were actually buffed on single-ish target with the hotfixes, I came up with 8.3%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I used Xavius WOL logs to check how much we were actually buffed on single-ish target with the hotfixes, I came up with 8.3%.
    But the hotfixes aren't live yet :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    But the hotfixes aren't live yet :P
    Duuuh, I used WOL logs and added the hotfixes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Duuuh, I used WOL logs and added the hotfixes.

wih your math Frost is around 210K compared to a UH that is 224k on the same fight?
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    wih your math Frost is around 210K compared to a UH that is 224k on the same fight?
    Where are you seeing unholy?

10+ Year Old Account
    They murdered demonhunters and left fire mages, arms warriors, and marksman hunters virtually untouched. The outlaw rogue nerfs were marginal and assassination rogue got buffed.

Don't even expect to be in the league of World of Pure Class.
    Arms Warriors got nerfed as well.

Please show your calculations, as imho yours are way too low when you take artifact traits into account. Pretty much all of our hardest hitting abilities got buffed by > 10%. Frostscythe spam gameplay may probably see it bit less of a buff like Obliterate users, but still significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    Please show your calculations, as imho yours are way too low when you take artifact traits into account. Pretty much all of our hardest hitting abilities got buffed by > 10%. Frostscythe spam gameplay may probably see it bit less of a buff like Obliterate users, but still significant.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Zt4/edit#gid=0

Can you make it public? I have no permission to access the sheet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    Can you make it public? I have no permission to access the sheet.
    Woops, should be good now.

Thanks! So you did not take into account artifact traits, and I also see you are using Frostscythe.

As I'm using Obliterate only, it seems my playstyle will get buffed more. Did my calcs on our Nythendra kill where I pulled 225k dps. Patch will give me close to 10% without artifact traits.

Also let's not forget that we will soon get a fix for GA pathing and a small buff for Frozen Pulse which will again help Obliterate users a bit more than Scythe users.
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-09-24 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    so it means frost and unholy will be equal mostly ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obliterate should trump frostscythe for single target now, and the go-to single target talents will be murderous efficiency, frozen pulse (it will probably be better than horn of winter), avalanche (I'm still not 100% convinced it's better than icecap), runic attenuation (unless by some miracle gathering storm is better) and obliteration.

For any cleave and aoe obviously icy talons, avalanche, frostscythe and glacial advance. Breath of Sindragosa will also be a pretty good alternative to GA, if not better in waves of aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    so it means frost and unholy will be equal mostly ?
    Unholy with necrosis and all will serve all be better by at least 7% on single target but frost should be better in most aoe scenarios with frostscythe.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-09-24 at 02:42 PM.